Council funding for Ricoh Refurb (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Northern have some class and try and respect that USAskybkue has a view about your posts on SISU/Ricoh and looking at the amount of likes it's received he is clearly not alone in his thinking. Resorting to insults of a vulgar nature does make you come off as somone with a significant superiority complex. Feel free to disregard this observation as you will no doubt know best.
The class is not being an arse about me. Like with like. Your last words also say it all really, snide wankery is all the rage around here, splitting into teams and incapable of seeing anything beyond teams, which then means people get a free fucking pass as they have done all through this.

If you can't see that, that says a lot.

oldfiver

It was what I was told by one of our clients lawyers who deals with the EC a lot. I assume he knows more about it than I do!

It's a bit of an "in " joke - I was commenting on the treatment of clearly connected transactions when the parties try to prove they are not

Peter Billing Eyes

Considering the refurb is costing 3.8 million, it’s amazing how basic and lacking in detail the artist impressions are. Conveniently vague springs to mind.

ccfc1234

The class is not being an arse about me. Like with like. Your last words also say it all really, snide wankery is all the rage around here, splitting into teams and incapable of seeing anything beyond teams, which then means people get a free fucking pass as they have done all through this.

If you can't see that, that says a lot.

Northern i was going to ignore your foul mouthed rudeness but I could not due to your sly little snide comment the other day on my post. Quite shocking how you are now accusing others of being exactly what you have shown yourself to be. Anyway no stress but keep it polite and try to be less hypocritical it undermines the rational comments I read of yours.

Nick

Administrator

Shock, somebody else claims things that have actually happened as conspiracy.

There's somebody like that on here as well.

Arseholes twitching for the chums.

chiefdave

Well that's good news then as I'm sure he can supply a link to the minutes from the council meeting where they voted on the sale of the Ricoh to Wasps and lease extension that nobody has ever been able to track down.

jordan210

I see he is saying stuff about Wasps and the council un declared gifts

This does spare to be a issue at CCC from 1 March to 31 August 2019 they show only 2 members got given something.

In 2017 in a 6 month period

Bigham had
£192 VIP tickets to wasps

Duggins had
VIP tickets to one game worth £280+vat
£100 + vat tickets to end of season award
£150+ ticket to a wasps game at Twickenham

Khan had
£150 ticket to wasp

I wonder if any of that effects the 2nd point on the Govs corporate gift document

The Civil Service Code states that Civil Servants must not accept gifts or hospitality or receive other benefits from anyone which might reasonably be seen to compromise their personal judgement or integrity.

Last edited:

wingy

It's surprising how much two coats of paint can come to in the Covid 2020+ era
Anyway it's been a long time since we had a local Judo champion

Terry Gibson's perm

Good to see Bridge getting some stick on twitter, he has zero credibility. Love the person who asked about his freebies the only problem is he doesn’t respond to anything

Brighton Sky Blue

Good to see Bridge getting some stick on twitter, he has zero credibility. Love the person who asked about his freebies the only problem is he doesn’t respond to anything

Because he has no answer-just like those in the Council would have none if asked about the freebies sent their way. Just a shill and a poor one at that

Nick

Administrator

Genuinely don't think he has a clue why people are pointing out freebies to him. Same as he was saying about how great the chef is at the Wasps training ground.

tisza

or c. a meeting where minutes won't get published in full with full public access. Hidden behind commercial sensitivity etc

ccfc1234

This does spare to be a issue at CCC from 1 March to 31 August 2019 they show only 2 members got given something.

In 2017 in a 6 month period

Bigham had
£192 VIP tickets to wasps

Duggins had
VIP tickets to one game worth £280+vat
£100 + vat tickets to end of season award
£150+ ticket to a wasps game at Twickenham

Khan had
£150 ticket to wasp

I wonder if any of that effects the 2nd point on the Govs corporate gift document

The Civil Service Code states that Civil Servants must not accept gifts or hospitality or receive other benefits from anyone which might reasonably be seen to compromise their personal judgement or integrity.

Read the Nolan principals that govern people in public office.

MalcSB

So the sale of councils shares and extension of the lease were discussed and approved at the same meeting. Yet they have been considered as separate transactions despite the increase In value that a lease extension would have had on the value of ACL.

MalcSB

Also wasps were going to develop the conference centre themselves, nor receive more public funds to do so ultimately to their benefit.

clint van damme

what was the payment rugby clubs were getting due to some new deal related to the premier league?

clint van damme

The sponsorship one where the money was to be spent on infrastructure?

that's right. I want to look it up, see what the conditions were but if the infrastructure spend is permitted on the whole Ricoh site why the fuck are the CCC giving them our money? (why are they giving them it anyway?!)

oldfiver

Nick

Administrator
It's a refurb though with a couple of food outlets added.

How is it going to generate more jobs, surely it would just be mostly the same people working there? F and B staff in the food outlet?

Users who are viewing this thread