Council Accused Of 'Absurd' Ricoh Secrecy (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

What have legal proceedings got to do with anything, either it came from council reserves and Lucas has been 'misinformed' again or it came from borrowing. You couldn't get a much simpler question and they refuse to answer it!

fernandopartridge

In an interesting parallel, been a bit of furore over Lancashire County Cricket Club receiving prudential borrowing from Trafford Council to fund the building of a hotel (at least it's building something and not just a refinancing deal). Of course, the cricket clubs CEO is arch Thatcherite and former CEO of ACL Daniel Gidney.

Malaka

I am well passed caring
Whatever the outcome we will have no stadium and no-one else wanted to buy it (according to SISU)

chiefdave

Is the same story as last week by the same paper ?
Same words just moved around a bit ?

Reading the article it appears not. It would seem that Lucas stated in the recent budget meeting that the loan to ACL did not impact on the ability of the council to use its reserves as the money for the loan had come from borrowing not council reserves. This contradicts what has been said previously be the council (its the same story they came out with when the loan was initially made that was then found to be untrue) and when challenged the council are now refusing to comment.

Irrespective of how you view the councils role in the stadium situation it doesn't look good if the leader of the council doesn't have a handle on the council's finances when presiding over huge cuts to services. It looks even worse when, rather than just admitting a mistake, steps are taken to try and hide the facts.

duffer

What Dave says, really. Why the need to cover up? It's public money, and they were happy to make public claims regarding where it was coming from before - what's changed?

covcity4life

council clowns shown up again lol.

wrong time after time. egg on face time...again. make it a fackin omelette.

Godiva

Reeves and Martin ...
Nah - I'd better not go there.

But Wasps produced a loss of £4m last year. It seems more and more certain that their marriage with ACL will end in disaster.

Kingokings204

Right and what now?

Seems nothing will change so what's the point to it all?

albatross

I don't see what there is new in this at all. This refers to events in 2013 and the initial ACL loan, which has been through the Judicial review and is subject to another appeal so I can understand the no comment stance at this point and it is Peter Ward making the statement using the word "absurd" and seems to be wanting to shine a light onto the open letter signed by Mr Reid amongst others.

I wish Mr Ried could use his award winning investigative journalistic skills to write a new truly balanced article for once that sheds some light on the situation

shmmeee

I don't see what there is new in this at all. This refers to events in 2013 and the initial ACL loan, which has been through the Judicial review and is subject to another appeal so I can understand the no comment stance at this point and it is Peter Ward making the statement using the word "absurd" and seems to be wanting to shine a light onto the open letter signed by Mr Reid amongst others.

I wish Mr Ried could use his award winning investigative journalistic skills to write a new truly balanced article for once that sheds some light on the situation

In two years, two papers, a twitter feed and fuck knows how many articles, Reid hasn't managed to come up with anything more than "I don't like this council and I'm sure they're doing something dodgy". This article is literally an article about his last article, written as if he wasn't the author of it. Hilarious.

I honestly don't think I've read a more manufactured story in my life, not sure if the eagerness to eat it up is funny or scary to be hoenst.

Gosford Green

Nothing at all new or remotely revealing, repeated accusations about a course of events from 2013 and earlier that have been the subject of a judicial review.

SISU might decide that the retainer he is paid is not really worth anything. I would like to say that as CCC and ACL are in the clubs past could we all move on ?

John_Silletts_Nose

Another sensational headline which is now reporting on his article and his open letter, nothing new revealed here.

This is such lazy journalism and he is paid for it !

Maybe he should stop watching the cricket world cup and do some real investigative journalism.

Beginning to think there may be many reasons why the CT let him go.

skybluetony176

Next weeks headline

Council accused of being really really absurdly secret over the Ricoh says a man wearing a hat fashioned from tinfoil.

Grendel

Next weeks headline

Council accused of being really really absurdly secret over the Ricoh says a man wearing a hat fashioned from tinfoil.

Next weeks headline:

Skyblue Tony tries to make an ironic quip on SBT that falls flat on its face - again.

hill83

I've put a letterbox on my wheelie bin especially for the Coventry Observer. I miss loads of bills but it's worth it.

skybluetony176

Next weeks headline:

Skyblue Tony tries to make an ironic quip on SBT that falls flat on its face - again.

New headline

Grendull tries to make out that no ones interested in a post by showing enough interest in it to reply.

Now that's ironic.

chiefdave

Is the 'new' bit not the fact that in a meeting last week Lucas claimed the money loaned to ACL had come from borrowing rather than council reserves and that to say otherwise was a lie?

That would contradict what has been previously stated by the council and it seems when Reid has asked for clarification they've closed ranks and played the can't comment card.

The fact that the money has come from reserves and not borrowing isn't new information it's the fact that Lucas is claiming it to be from other sources.

Grendel

Is the 'new' bit not the fact that in a meeting last week Lucas claimed the money loaned to ACL had come from borrowing rather than council reserves and that to say otherwise was a lie?

That would contradict what has been previously stated by the council and it seems when Reid has asked for clarification they've closed ranks and played the can't comment card.

The fact that the money has come from reserves and not borrowing isn't new information it's the fact that Lucas is claiming it to be from other sources.

Of course but tony shmeee et al will ignore that.

duffer

The new bit is the fact that the leader of the council has been caught in an obvious contradiction regarding where the £14.4m bail-out came from, and when asked to clarify this week has hidden behind 'legal proceedings'.

The "tinfoil hat" and "smoking gun" thing makes me laugh - this coming from people so lazy and set in their opinions that they haven't even troubled themselves to read the article before criticising it.

Grendel

The new bit is the fact that the leader of the council has been caught in an obvious contradiction regarding where the £14.4m bail-out came from, and when asked to clarify this week has hidden behind 'legal proceedings'.

The "tinfoil hat" and "smoking gun" thing makes me laugh - this coming from people so lazy and set in their opinions that they haven't even troubled themselves to read the article before criticising it.

It's like the hammer on the knee.

As soon as contact is made shriek "JR" "2013" or in League Of Gentleman style - "there is nothing to see here" - without bothering to see if there is.

Sky Blue Harry H

images

Hobo

Despite all this there is no evidence SISU would have bought the Ricoh.

dongonzalos

Les how much debt will CCFC be in if we build a new stadium.
?

How many sites are there of 60 acres within 8 miles of the council house that are for sake or not currently in use? Approach them all to see if they would sell their land to SISU.

How many sites are there combined that equal 60 acres?

How does the FFP benefit add up once the interest is paid on the debt.

Is Wasps model sustainable without CCFC? How much benefit is it to wasps to have a successful CCFC?

What would it be worth to CCFC to bid for half of ACL. In order to get a sustainable benefit without burdening the club with a debt it could never repay

Who will build the new stadium

letsallsingtogether

Les how much debt will CCFC be in if we build a new stadium.
?

How many sites are there of 60 acres within 8 miles of the council house that are for sake or not currently in use? Approach them all to see if they would sell their land to SISU.

How many sites are there combined that equal 60 acres?

How does the FFP benefit add up once the interest is paid on the debt.

Is Wasps model sustainable without CCFC? How much benefit is it to wasps to have a successful CCFC?

What would it be worth to CCFC to bid for half of ACL. In order to get a sustainable benefit without burdening the club with a debt it could never repay

Who will build the new stadium

Why would Les ask those questions it goes against all he stands for????

Users who are viewing this thread