Council Accused Of 'Absurd' Ricoh Secrecy (1 Viewer)

James Smith

So now you and Dongo think a new stadium is going to be built? :whistle:

Even I've given up on a new stadium ever being built.

Joy has no limits when we look to the sky.

Nonleagueherewecome

I haven't bothered reading it even as Reid is totally discredited as biased beyond any use as a journalist. I won't give the prick the satisfaction of a "view" on his article.

Nonleagueherewecome

stop watching the cricket world cupQUOTE]

Now, lets not be unreasonable! It's been great so far, the best entertainment of this crappy sporting winter-and as I type, Scotland might even win a game...

ecky

Reeves and Martin ...
Nah - I'd better not go there.

But Wasps produced a loss of £4m last year. It seems more and more certain that their marriage with ACL will end in disaster.

So Sisu are like a vulture flying around a dying animal just waiting...

Me thinks this sorry saga and sisu's litigation is going to drag on for years...

lordsummerisle

The new bit is the fact that the leader of the council has been caught in an obvious contradiction regarding where the £14.4m bail-out came from, and when asked to clarify this week has hidden behind 'legal proceedings'.

The "tinfoil hat" and "smoking gun" thing makes me laugh - this coming from people so lazy and set in their opinions that they haven't even troubled themselves to read the article before criticising it.

I was under the impression that Coventry Tax payers money and how it was spent(particularly not to be used to prop up a sports team's hedge-fund owners) was massively important on here.

Must have got that wrong then.

AndreasB

Can a journalist not be biased then? Do you read newspapers at all? He is not the BBC.

Either Reid is completely bonkers and obsessed wasting his career on this OR there is something in it. He IS clearly self obsessed and pompous but that doesnt mean he hasnt got a point...just one that that doesnt follow the party line on here of course.

Nick

Administrator
What I don't get is that all of the people outraged against bias didn't seem too fussed when it came out about the cet making a deal with ccc to withhold information from articles?

Moff

What I don't get is that all of the people outraged against bias didn't seem too fussed when it came out about the cet making a deal with ccc to withhold information from articles?

Its amazing, the article points out something that is actually incorrect and needs accounting for, and because its written by Reid its either discredited or people say move on. What a joke.

Whilst SISU have destroyed our club, it has also clouded peoples judgements into the murky dealings of others who are connected to our current sad state, and lucas is proving to be one great public sector joke.

Nick

Administrator
I was under the impression that Coventry Tax payers money and how it was spent(particularly not to be used to prop up a sports team's hedge-fund owners) was massively important on here.

Must have got that wrong then.
Only if it can make sisu look bad, same as Childrens charities.

Astute

I see the article as nothing but click bait :whistle: And as I read it I thought it was just an article I had read before.

Yes it would be nice to have the answer. But some are trying to make out that it is such an important question. But there are questions that are much more important. And it is all to do with the future of our football club. So they won't be asked by Les Reid. Just the usual point scoring. No fooking use to anyone but SISU is he.

If anyone is going to complain and moan about tax payers money used on the arena why don't they moan and complain about the 10m of Coventry tax payers money used towards the build costs? Or the major amount of millions used that was tax payers money through grants. But no. It can't be used against CCC or Europe so no need for questions. But the rest of it can be used to have a go at CCC and take some heat off SISU, so lets all have a w@nk over a rehashed article by Les Reid.

So Les Reid.....how about asking where and when our new stadium is going to happen. Have some balls instead of being a lapdog. Even you can't pretend what is the most important thing to find out.

Gosford Green

Its amazing, the article points out something that is actually incorrect and needs accounting for, and because its written by Reid its either discredited or people say move on. What a joke.

Whilst SISU have destroyed our club, it has also clouded peoples judgements into the murky dealings of others who are connected to our current sad state, and lucas is proving to be one great public sector joke.

CCC and ACL can no longer influence current CCFC matters. If SISU can do not drop this ruinous path they are stumbling down and work with the people who matter currently the club will die.

I am sure even if the club was folded a few on here would be happy talking about the sub text of a Les Reid article, personally I would prefer a football team to discuss.

dongonzalos

So now you and Dongo think a new stadium is going to be built? :whistle:

It is stated that it is the only way forward for the club. If that is the case I do not know why

CWR
CET
Les Reid
SBT
SCG

Are not asking these questions. Even if you do not believe the club you must ask these simple questions.

How much debt would it saddle CCFC with?
How much interest will we paying on the debt?
Investigative journalists should be ascertaining how many suitable sites are there that fit the stated criteria. Then approach the owners of such sites. See if they would even consider offers.
Then dig in to the alternative ie cosying up to Wasps and compare it to 'the only way forward'
Also investigative journalists should be hunting down legal experts and getting their opinions on why it is still worth SISU pursuing the JR. What is the end game of the legal action. We all guess but we don't know for a fact.
Also investigative journalists should be contacting some of SISU's biggest investors. Get their opinion on how their investment has been spent over the last 7 years.

Instead it seems the CET sit back and wait for the Council or Higgs to feed them something. Whilst the Observer waits to be fed by the club

Godiva

I see the article as nothing but click bait :whistle: And as I read it I thought it was just an article I had read before.

Yes it would be nice to have the answer. But some are trying to make out that it is such an important question. But there are questions that are much more important. And it is all to do with the future of our football club. So they won't be asked by Les Reid. Just the usual point scoring. No fooking use to anyone but SISU is he.

If anyone is going to complain and moan about tax payers money used on the arena why don't they moan and complain about the 10m of Coventry tax payers money used towards the build costs? Or the major amount of millions used that was tax payers money through grants. But no. It can't be used against CCC or Europe so no need for questions. But the rest of it can be used to have a go at CCC and take some heat off SISU, so lets all have a w@nk over a rehashed article by Les Reid.

So Les Reid.....how about asking where and when our new stadium is going to happen. Have some balls instead of being a lapdog. Even you can't pretend what is the most important thing to find out.

There may be more important questions - that doesn't mean this one shouldn't be asked.
And the question may not even be important for the club as it won't change the past, but I think it is important for the democracy and the way the local government is run.
Who are the serving and what are they protecting? That is very important to know.

Nick

Administrator
CCC and ACL can no longer influence current CCFC matters. If SISU can do not drop this ruinous path they are stumbling down and work with the people who matter currently the club will die.

I am sure even if the club was folded a few on here would be happy talking about the sub text of a Les Reid article, personally I would prefer a football team to discuss.

Of course they can influence them, they are the landlord and the local council.

Yet more move on fingers in ears stuff.

We have a football team to discuss also, aren't you refusing to go and watch them based on politics yet moaning about people talking about politics?

Nick

Administrator
It is stated that it is the only way forward for the club. If that is the case I do not know why

CWR
CET
Les Reid
SBT
SCG

Are not asking these questions. Even if you do not believe the club you must ask these simple questions.

How much debt would it saddle CCFC with?
How much interest will we paying on the debt?
Investigative journalists should be ascertaining how many suitable sites are there that fit the stated criteria. Then approach the owners of such sites. See if they would even consider offers.
Then dig in to the alternative ie cosying up to Wasps and compare it to 'the only way forward'
Also investigative journalists should be hunting down legal experts and getting their opinions on why it is still worth SISU pursuing the JR. What is the end game of the legal action. We all guess but we don't know for a fact.
Also investigative journalists should be contacting some of SISU's biggest investors. Get their opinion on how their investment has been spent over the last 7 years.

Instead it seems the CET sit back and wait for the Council or Higgs to feed them something. Whilst the Observer waits to be fed by the club

You could get Jan to ask it?

dongonzalos

There may be more important questions - that doesn't mean this one shouldn't be asked.
And the question may not even be important for the club as it won't change the past, but I think it is important for the democracy and the way the local government is run.
Who are the serving and what are they protecting? That is very important to know.

I am happy for him to ask that question. Amongst ones that are far more important and pressing for us fans.

As oppose to what he is actually doing - relentlessly asking the same single question over and over in various guises at the expensive of anything else.

Imagine if the CET every week just asked did we really have absolutely no other option but to move to Northampton?

If that is all they asked every week in various guises.

It is an important question many suspect we did not. It did unrepairable damage to the club and achieved the exact opposite of its desired aim. Getting the answer will achieve nothing for us Cov fans but it is important to know.

People would criticise the CET if that was all they asked amongst so many other important questions

Gosford Green

We have a football team to discuss also, aren't you refusing to go and watch them based on politics yet moaning about people talking about politics?

Politics have nothing to do with it. I refuse to hand over money to SISU who have no concern for the club, its history or future. Their only concern is investors money and they will adopt a scorched earth policy to recover loses incurred.

CCC are not their (CCFC's) landlord, the Ricoh is owned by Wasps and the local authority that covers the Ryton training ground is Rugby. CCFC rent the Ricoh for 2 Saturdays a month there is no connection with CCC anymore.

Astute

So you highlight that I would like the answer.....then make out that I think that it shouldn't be asked :thinking about:

skybluetony176

So as you apparently don't have your fingers in your ear's what are you expecting LR to uncover or an investigation that LR is pushing for to uncover?

With my fingers in my ears it just sounds like school yard shit stirring. Plenty of talk about having an investigation because apparently there's a secret at the end but absolutely no indication of what this terrible secret could possibly be. You would have thought that an investigative journalist would at least be offer a glimpse of why there should be an investigation other than they are being secretive. Plus are they being secretive or are they just following protocol. I find it hard to believe that the conservative party in an election year wouldn't be making something of this if there was something to make of this in an election year given that Coventry is a labour stronghold and let's not forget that there was Conservative councillors in the meeting to approve the ACL takeover so if there was a dressed up dossier or exaggeration of any sort they have the inside track.

Astute

So as you apparently don't have your fingers in your ear's what are you expecting LR to uncover or an investigation that LR is pushing for to uncover?

With my fingers in my ears it just sounds like school yard shit stirring. Plenty of talk about having an investigation because apparently there's a secret at the end but absolutely no indication of what this terrible secret could possibly be. You would have thought that an investigative journalist would at least be offer a glimpse of why there should be an investigation other than they are being secretive. Plus are they being secretive or are they just following protocol. I find it hard to believe that the conservative party in an election year wouldn't be making something of this if there was something to make of this in an election year given that Coventry is a labour stronghold and let's not forget that there was Conservative councillors in the meeting to approve the ACL takeover so if there was a dressed up dossier or exaggeration of any sort they have the inside track.

It is fingers in ears if you see there being more important questions that Les Reid comes out with. And unbiased if you have a go at CET for asking most questions of SISU although Les Reid never asks questions of SISU.

torchomatic

Yes, there are more important things to answer but does it mean that Lucas's actions shouldn't be questioned? It really is quite amazing how you, Tony and others let her off the hook with a casual "yeah, but there's other stuff", "but what will it achieve", "yeah, but what about the JR", "but the judge said"....etc etc.

Not long ago you were all complaining about the taxpayer, a poor charity being ripped off, yet not a whimper when Wasps paid less and again not a whimper when AL won't tell us where the PUBLIC money came from and changes her story in every speech.

It is fingers in ears if you see there being more important questions that Les Reid comes out with. And unbiased if you have a go at CET for asking most questions of SISU although Les Reid never asks questions of SISU.

skybluetony176

Yes, there are more important things to answer but does it mean that Lucas's actions shouldn't be questioned? It really is quite amazing how you, Tony and others let her off the hook with a casual "yeah, but there's other stuff", "but what will it achieve", "yeah, but what about the JR", "but the judge said"....etc etc.

Not long ago you were all complaining about the taxpayer, a poor charity being ripped off, yet not a whimper when Wasps paid less and again not a whimper when AL won't tell us where the PUBLIC money came from and changes her story in every speech.

What do you actually think an investigation is going to uncover or potentially uncover?

I just can't see LR saying that they're being secretive as a reason for an investigation. Has he even hinted at what could possibly be uncovered that's going to warrant an investigation. When does this independent audit happen? Surely the intellectual thing to do is let this run it's course so you can make a more informed editorial than we should have an investigation because they're being secretive? What FOI's has LR put into the council asking specific questions surrounding the deal and what was the responses? Which councillors has he interviewed or attempted to interview on the subject?

Astute

Another one trying to twist what I have said?

I said that I want to know the answers. But like I also said what about the 10m that CCC put in? It came from the same pot if it was CCC money.

And what is wrong with wanting answers about a new ground at the same time? I know that it doesn't come into what some want to ask before asking questions of CCC. But it is certainly more important.

Raggs

The council executives in January, 2013, had said cash balances used for the loan would eventually be replenished by borrowing.In January this year, they confirmed that had still not happened, in stating: "The council loan to ACL was capital expenditure by the council, that will ultimately be funded by borrowing.
"The council has not yet needed to borrow to fund the loan because of its overall cash position."
A private report by council finance officer Barry Hastie on January 15, 2013 to councillors, recommending they approve the loan, stated cash balances would be used for the loan in the "initial years" before the council used its prudential borrowing powers.

So 2 years ago it was from reserves, 2 months ago, it was still reserves, but as the report stated, after the initial years (2 years for instance), it would switch to borrowing...

So, why can't it be simply that the initial years are up, and it was switched to borrowing in Feb?

Astute

So 2 years ago it was from reserves, 2 months ago, it was still reserves, but as the report stated, after the initial years (2 years for instance), it would switch to borrowing...

So, why can't it be simply that the initial years are up, and it was switched to borrowing in Feb?[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Because some want CCC to be guilty of something like Les Reid keeps making out. But to me it is just an attempt to take some heat off SISU. How many of his allegations have been shown to be true so far?

lordsummerisle

Another one trying to twist what I have said?

I said that I want to know the answers. But like I also said what about the 10m that CCC put in? It came from the same pot if it was CCC money.

And what is wrong with wanting answers about a new ground at the same time? I know that it doesn't come into what some want to ask before asking questions of CCC. But it is certainly more important.

That £10 million was paid back immediately to the council with the £21million paid for the lease.

torchomatic

Astute

That £10 million was paid back immediately to the council with the £21million paid for the lease.

No it wasn't. CCC put 10m towards build costs. The 21m was the remainder of the build cost. CCC put 10m in and our football club put 800k in. And CCC never got or tried to take the 10m back. It is all down on the build cost of which I put on here a fair few times......mainly when people tried to say that CCFC paid for the land, decontamination of it or even both.

torchomatic

No. Just stating the hypocrisy on here. Taxpayers money was the major concern when people were begging the council not to let the club have the ground. It was the major concern when ACL were being distressed. Now, despite services being cut to the bone, it matters not where it came from or how many times AL flips and changes her story. Not sure Fisher would get off so easily.

Dave Nellist was spot on.
Do you live in Coventry then ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread