Couldnt even watch (3 Viewers)

stupot07

If I were Wasps now I would be looking to change all the seating to yellow and black asap.

can't wait, we really will be the laughing stock of league football

Otis

can't wait, we really will be the laughing stock of league football

I don't see why Stu.

I think we would be if we were in partnership with Wasps and they changed everything so it was all heavily loaded in their favour in terms of branding and badges and seating etc., but we are just in a rental agreement with them.

I find it just embarrassing that it is a rental agreement in a stadium that was built and designed for us. Now we are renting I don't think we will become any more of a laughing stock. We will simply be playing in someone elses stadium.

To be quite honest it must be more embarrassing for Wasps I would have thought, playing in their own stadium in sky blue seating.

torchomatic

I am. Sitting there in the cold yesterday with rows of empty seats around me. I even counted how many "panels" the badges took up. Theirs seven. Ours four.

I can blame SISU until the cows come home, and I do, they should have bought into the stadium years ago, before their spat with the Council started. And I also blame CCC/ACL. They've not been much better and they gave the whole lot to an out-of-town franchise.

I, for one, really do hope we get a new stadium because the Ricoh is a soulless depressing stadium to be in. I hope when SISU do leave then the new owners also realise that the Ricoh has had it's day as far as CCFC are concerned. The Council and SISU have shown between them that the football team doesn't really matter to the City.

Apologies for my comment.

You sound a very bitter and twisted man, Torch.

I am not going to even reply to that comment, the same comment you keep bringing up ad nauseum. I have explained the reasning why and I still fully stand by that and it was the right and proper thing to do at the time to my mind.

I don't want Wasps here. Why on earth would I consider writing to Wasps asking them to change the seating?

Otis

I am. Sitting there in the cold yesterday with rows of empty seats around me. I even counted how many "panels" the badges took up. Theirs seven. Ours four.

I can blame SISU until the cows come home, and I do, they should have bought into the stadium years ago, before their spat with the Council started. And I also blame CCC/ACL. They've not been much better and they gave the whole lot to an out-of-town franchise.

I, for one, really do hope we get a new stadium because the Ricoh is a soulless depressing stadium to be in. I hope when SISU do leave then the new owners also realise that the Ricoh has had it's day as far as CCFC are concerned. The Council and SISU have shown between them that the football team doesn't really matter to the City.

I have said I hold ACL/CCC accountable too, Torch. All sides hold a degree of culpability in all this mess.

Where we differ is that I think a new stadium is a complete no-goer, especially with Sisu in charge. I think all we have is the Ricoh and the situation of trying to get a stronger foothold there.

We are inbtween a rock and a hard place, I know. No new stadium and more than likely unable to make ends meet on a rental agreement.

Bottom line is there is no easy answer here, but I am convinced there will be no new stadium and therefore I really would like to see CCFC trying to work towards a more beneficial partnership with Wasps. I think that is the only hope we have got.

Covstu

I don't see why Stu.

I think we would be if we were in partnership with Wasps and they changed everything so it was all heavily loaded in their favour in terms of branding and badges and seating etc., but we are just in a rental agreement with them.

I find it just embarrassing that it is a rental agreement in a stadium that was built and designed for us. Now we are renting I don't think we will become any more of a laughing stock. We will simply be playing in someone elses stadium.

To be quite honest it must be more embarrassing for Wasps I would have thought, playing in their own stadium in sky blue seating.
Playing in someone elses stadium is shameful enough though isn't it particularly when it used to be 'ours'. It feels like a kick in balls everytime I turn up there.

Otis

Playing in someone elses stadium is shameful enough though isn't it particularly when it used to be 'ours'. It feels like a kick in balls everytime I turn up there.

Yes, it is. I just don't see now how it can get any worse. With our saying we simply will not stay, the most sensible option is indeed for Wasps to change the seating, if it is financially viable for them to do so.

stupot07

I don't see why Stu.

You dont see why? We will be renting a stadium specifically built for us, thats been rebranded for a a franchise club from 90 miles away and who have poached a good proportion of out fanbase. we really will look like squatters.

Anyway, you seemed quite adamant a few months back that wasps wouldnt rebrand the stadium as they wouldnt want to upset us so we leave?

if they change the seats in the summer, i will definitely not renew my ST.

Last edited:

stupot07

I have said I hold ACL/CCC accountable too, Torch. All sides hold a degree of culpability in all this mess.

Where we differ is that I think a new stadium is a complete no-goer, especially with Sisu in charge. I think all we have is the Ricoh and the situation of trying to get a stronger foothold there.

We are inbtween a rock and a hard place, I know. No new stadium and more than likely unable to make ends meet on a rental agreement.

Bottom line is there is no easy answer here, but I am convinced there will be no new stadium and therefore I really would like to see CCFC trying to work towards a more beneficial partnership with Wasps. I think that is the only hope we have got.

we're merely tenants, unless they are prepared to sell ccfc 50% stake then there is no real partnership

Otis

You dont see why? We will be renting a stadium specifically built for us, thats been rebranded for a a franchise club from 90 miles away and who have poached a good proportion of out fanbase. we really will look like squatters.

Anyway, you seemed quite adamant a few months back that wasps wouldnt rebrand the stadium as they wouldnt want to upset us so we leave?

if they change the seats in the summer, i will definitely not renew my ST.

Yes, I was adamant. That was based on what Wasps said.

Trouble is, since then, Sisu have come out and said they have absolutelyy no intention of staying. That changes everything.

Obviously Wasps saying they weren't going to change things to any great degree was based on the notion that they wanted CCFC to stay here and share the stadium. Our insistence that we are leaving and have no intention of remaining whatsoever changes everything.

You can see that can't you, Stu?

stupot07

Trouble is, since then, Sisu have come out and said they have absolutelyy no intention of staying. That changes everything.

Obviously Wasps saying they weren't going to change things to any great degree was based on the notion that they wanted CCFC to stay here and share the stadium. Our insistence that we are leaving and have no intention of remaining whatsoever changes everything.

yes and no. Does anyone really believe there will be a new stadium? We either call it bollocks or say its gospel depended on what the current argument is.

4 years is a long time and things change, i would have thought Wasps would try and use that 4 years to persuade the club to stay - rebranding and making us feel like squaters isnt the best way of doing that

and on the back of that Wasps know full well how hard it is to build a stadium, particularly finding a site, getting planning permission and also getting investment to build. The likelihood is that it isn't going to happen, wasps know that.

Wasps PR has been superb, but at the end of the day they are a ruthless business just like sisu, they will rebrand the stadium, continue to look to poach fans increasing their brand in Coventry and Warwickshire. Not having to complete with a successful football team will only help them grow their fanbase. They will kick us whilst we're down, but do it with a jolly smile on their face.

Otis

They came in saying they wanted to work with us and we have simply said we will not stay. Why would Wasps therefore do anything to try and appease us in any way shape or form?

For me the whole thing is a double whammy feeling. One, Wasps taking over and then two, the City saying they will not remain. Doesn't seem like they even want to negotiate to try and make things work and try to build something that could turn into a partnerhsip.

We have now put all our eggs in the one basket of a new stadium, that I believe will never ever be built under this ownership.

Otis

yes and no. Does anyone really believe there will be a new stadium? We either call it bollocks or say its gospel depended on what the current argument is.

4 years is a long time and things change, i would have thought Wasps would try and use that 4 years to persuade the club to stay - rebranding and making us feel like squaters isnt the best way of doing that

and on the back of that Wasps know full well how hard it is to build a stadium, particularly finding a site, getting planning permission and also getting investment to build. The likelihood is that it isn't going to happen, wasps know that.

Wasps PR has been superb, but at the end of the day they are a ruthless business just like sisu, they will rebrand the stadium, continue to look to poach fans increasing their brand in Coventry and Warwickshire. Not having to complete with a successful football team will only help them grow their fanbase. They will kick us whilst we're down, but do it with a jolly smile on their face.

Yes, but surely CCFC's stance should have been 'We don't believe this will work but we are willing to negotiate with Wasps to see if we can find some mutally beneficial solution that will see both clubs continue to use and stay at the stadium.'

Why on earth didn't we come out with something like that instead of the bollocks we got, which was to be like an ostrcih burying its head in the sand and refusing to make any effort to make things work and saying quire clearly and categorically that we simply will not stay?

Grendel

CCFC has no future if it doesn't move. It has to to survive and have any realistic future.

Surely you can see that?

torchomatic

As I said, I hope any new owner - we will get one eventually - will realise that we do need our own stadium.

Hobo

SISU's publicity about intent to move and build our own, didn't help build any bridges with CCC or ACL. Despite Fishers claim "we are good at building relationships with people" on Wasps arrival, it doesn't seem to have materialised. Perhaps because SISU have persisted with public declarations of an intent to move away and build their own.

To me it seems pointless blaming the policies of CCC, ACL and Wasps for our fate, when the biggest influence has been seven years of policy under SISU ownership.

Meanwhile, the Ricoh is our home as it is all we have, regardless of our state of tenancy.

Samo

CCFC has no future if it doesn't move. It has to to survive and have any realistic future.

Surely you can see that?

So you believe they will build G?

Otis

Surely you can see that?

Yes, but it's fine saying that, Grendel. Anyone can say we need a new stadium. Doesn't mean it is ever going to get built and under Sisu's stewardship I don't believe one ever will.

It is a rock and hard place.

Calista

It hurts every time to read the pain of loyal supporters.

But we all know what’s needed to fill the empty seats (I’m ashamed to say I’m mostly “occupying” one of those these days) – and it isn’t a new stadium, especially it’s not in Coventry. And if the relative size of the badges bugs you, there’s a straightforward solution I think.

Otis

SISU's publicity about intent to move and build our own, didn't help build any bridges with CCC or ACL. Despite Fishers claim "we are good at building relationships with people" on Wasps arrival, it doesn't seem to have materialised. Perhaps because SISU have persisted with public declarations of an intent to move away and build their own.

To me it seems pointless blaming the policies of CCC, ACL and Wasps for our fate, when the biggest influence has been seven years of policy under SISU ownership.

Meanwhile, the Ricoh is our home as it is all we have, regardless of our state of tenancy.

Yep exactly. They said they are good at building relationships and then promptly came out and said we will be leaving as soon as they possibly can.

Can't see how that is building any sort of relationship at all.

Samo

SISU's publicity about intent to move and build our own, didn't help build any bridges with CCC or ACL.
Despite Fishers claim "we are good at building relationships with people" on Wasps arrival, it doesn't seem to have materialised. Perhaps because SISU have persisted with public declarations of an intent to move away and build their own.

So... Blaming SISU has a point, but blaming others is pointless?

torchomatic

Covstu

Yes, it is. I just don't see now how it can get any worse. With our saying we simply will not stay, the most sensible option is indeed for Wasps to change the seating, if it is financially viable for them to do so.

agree it will happen at some stage, it doesn't look good when they are playing in Europe etc. When this does happen we lose another 3k fans inc myself...

Otis

agree it will happen at some stage, it doesn't look good when they are playing in Europe etc. When this does happen we lose another 3k fans inc myself...

Personally, I still think it is a much, much better situation than in Northampton. As least we would still be playing in our own city.

As long as there were still CCFC regalia about the place it wouldn't change my thinking in terms of going. It will still be the City I am watching, it will still be Coventry where we are playing and it will still be the same stadium I have been going to for nigh on 10 years.

Hobo

So... Blaming SISU has a point, but blaming others is pointless?

Yes because I don't think SISU have tried to negotiate anything with Wasps. They are trying to put the club into a coma and hoping Wasps go belly up so they can come in and pick up the pieces. Distressing tactics is all they know. However I feel, despite disagreeing with Sports teams being moved away from their traditional base/communities, Wasps have read the market well and will prosper and survive at The Ricoh.

Samo in business other people/competition are always influencing your business. But the biggest influence on your business is how you react to the market and competition. It is well documented that previous owners have played a part in our demise. But previous owners are not going to get get us out of this mess as they no longer have any influence.
The only people with any accountability for the club are SISU and its staff.....I include the players in that. But leadership and inspiration come from the top, unfortunately we have Seppala, Fisher and Waggott.

RFC

Not home (thankfully) just rented accommodation. Awful pitch, far too big and no atmosphere!

Otis

Not home (thankfully) just rented accommodation. Awful pitch, far too big and no atmosphere!

What tosh!!

Why 'thankfully' not our home? Why on earth would anyone say that when all we have been saying is we all want our own stadium?

Awful pitch? Is that a reason to move? Seriously? Only too big and only no atmosphere due to the size of the crowds going and that has universally been down to abject failure on the pitch. We all know if we were successful, we would pretty much all but fill the Ricoh for the very big games.

skybluetony176

Surely you can see that?

Do you think the club can support the level of debt required to build a new stadium? How long is this debt going to be a burden? Once added to the existing debt how much debt will the club be in?

Covstu

Personally, I still think it is a much, much better situation than in Northampton. As least we would still be playing in our own city.

As long as there were still CCFC regalia about the place it wouldn't change my thinking in terms of going. It will still be the City I am watching, it will still be Coventry where we are playing and it will still be the same stadium I have been going to for nigh on 10 years.
I think the key difference is that with Northampton, we knew something better was there and available and therefore something to target. This current situation is pretty terminal!

It will be the same ground but if they are making some changes such as seating they will make some other major changes in the concourse also. It never really had a 'soul' but it will just pull it further away and the fact that I hate Rugby makes it all the worse.

HR was a shitehole but it was our shitehole! (well it wasn't that bad!)

Samo

I think the key difference is that with Northampton, we knew something better was there and available and therefore something to target. This current situation is pretty terminal!

It will be the same ground but if they are making some changes such as seating they will make some other major changes in the concourse also. It never really had a 'soul' but it will just pull it further away and the fact that I hate Rugby makes it all the worse.

HR was a shitehole but it was our shitehole! (well it wasn't that bad!)

Yep, at least then we had hope. Now? ......

Noggin

Surely you can see that?

Of course we can't see that. Building a new stadium is much much worse than staying where we are. Just because things are terrible now doesn't mean that anything else is better, it's pretty easy to demonstrate that building a new stadium is just worse, as much as I'd like our own stadium, it doesn't make it viable.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Of course we can't see that. Building a new stadium is much much worse than staying where we are. Just because things are terrible now doesn't mean that anything else is better, it's pretty easy to demonstrate that building a new stadium is just worse, as much as I'd like our own stadium, it doesn't make it viable.
We'll just buy one 90 miles away instead, I imagine most will be understanding as we have no choice...

Users who are viewing this thread