Coronavirus (1 Viewer)

Astute

Been handed a letter at work. Explains how I am a key worker. Been told to keep it in my car as a few of us have been pulled commuting for work. Shows the police are doing as instructed.

And on another note the wife informed me that lockdown has been extended for another 15 days in France today. They are now officially in lockdown until April 15th.

OffenhamSkyBlue

If i need to go to work as part of an emergency response (i'm in health & safety), i have to fill in an application to our Major Incident Team and print off a travel permit saying i'm an essential worker in case i get stopped - thinking is that road blocks may not be too far away.

Astute

If i need to go to work as part of an emergency response (i'm in health & safety), i have to fill in an application to our Major Incident Team and print off a travel permit saying i'm an essential worker in case i get stopped - thinking is that road blocks may not be too far away.
As I said people are already being pulled over. But also see roadblocks being brought out.

Grendel

As I said people are already being pulled over. But also see roadblocks being brought out.

Many authorities are not doing this and the governments own directive is you can go to work if it’s essential as you can’t work from home - you don’t have to be an essential worker

chiefdave

Many authorities are not doing this and the governments own directive is you can go to work if it’s essential as you can’t work from home - you don’t have to be an essential worker
Exactly, don't see how they can police this at all. What about people that have to drop shopping off for vulnerable relatives, you won't have any paperwork for that.

The communication is still confused. Yesterday they had someone from the police on the radio saying essential travel only then they had someone from the council saying the parks were still open but they'd consider closing the car parks if too many people drove there - clearly implies you can drive to the park which isn't essential travel!

Astute

Exactly, don't see how they can police this at all. What about people that have to drop shopping off for vulnerable relatives, you won't have any paperwork for that.

The communication is still confused. Yesterday they had someone from the police on the radio saying essential travel only then they had someone from the council saying the parks were still open but they'd consider closing the car parks if too many people drove there - clearly implies you can drive to the park which isn't essential travel!
You will struggle for an excuse if there are no shops in the direction you are coming from or going to.

Astute

But most places where the work is non essential have been closed to stop the virus spreading.

clint van damme

You will struggle for an excuse if there are no shops in the direction you are coming from or going to.

have been in or by the Memorial Park last couple of days, in the afternoon yesterday so there were a fair few people around at that time. Everyone in small groups, so I'm assuming people they live with, and being sensible and keeping their distance.
If everyone does that then there's no need for the police to get involved or for the government to up the severity of the measures and everyone can enjoy the fresh air.
You know me, always ready to pile in on the Tories but sometimes people have got to help themselves a little bit.

Grendel

But most places where the work is non essential have been closed to stop the virus spreading.

The press conference today confirmed that if you can’t work from home - and he quoted any manufacturing business and people directly involved in manufacture - you have to work as it’s impossible to work from home. Only impact of non essential is retail work where certain shops pubs etc have had to close

Grendel

Only a few police forces are using this act in this way and it’s a misinterpretation

Sick Boy

The press conference today confirmed that if you can’t work from home - and he quoted any manufacturing business and people directly involved in manufacture - you have to work as it’s impossible to work from home. Only impact of non essential is retail work where certain shops pubs etc have had to close
Yeah that was the policy here up until a week ago now.

ajsccfc

From what I've seen people for the most part seem to be adhering to the rules, which is pleasantly surprising. Went to the shop yesterday, everyone seemed respectful of personal space, queueing and getting through the checkouts was a lot slower because of it but nobody complained. When I've been out people have been stepping aside to keep distance and seem more friendly with it. Unless I've just been lucky and missed all the dickheads I'm feeling more optimistic than I did a week ago.

Covstu

We went for a walk about 3 today around the park, it was like the whole world has just started training for the London marathon! Let’s hope this positive exercise continues with people

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The couple who live opposite me are in their 50s and appear to be in good health. Like every weekend, they have had visitors yesterday and today with family and grandchildren. You'd think nothing had happened. I'm fuming. No doubt next weekend will be the same but even if I get evidence on my phone would the police actually do anything ? We're all doing as we're told except this bunch of selfish twats.

fellatio_Martinez

The couple who live opposite me are in their 50s and appear to be in good health. Like every weekend, they have had visitors yesterday and today with family and grandchildren. You'd think nothing had happened. I'm fuming. No doubt next weekend will be the same but even if I get evidence on my phone would the police actually do anything ? We're all doing as we're told except this bunch of selfish twats.

When this shit storm properly hits, some people are going to have big fucking regrets.

My girlfriend has developed a persistent, horrible dry cough and tightness in her chest. She's completely floored and can barely get out of bed. Every symptom points to COVID.

This is a healthy 28 year old person and I'm worried she'll need to be admitted to hospital if she gets worse.

No one should take this lightly.

Sick Boy

When this shit storm properly hits, some people are going to have big fucking regrets.

My girlfriend has developed a persistent, horrible dry cough and tightness in her chest. She's completely floored and can barely get out of bed. Every symptom points to COVID.

This is a healthy 28 year old person and I'm worried she'll need to be admitted to hospital if she gets worse.

Hope you are her are doing ok. My sister has the same and is now getting over the worst of it but it’s day 14 now.

ajsccfc

I think this has quickly become something the police would act on so I'd definitely report them, they're too stupid to realise you'd be doing them a favour.

Mcbean

I can’t quite understand with regard to the rules of fetching food - a local restaurant is doing takeaway I am assuming if I go alone to fetch it and they can give it to me without having to come close - I should be ok to do this ?

shmmeee

I can’t quite understand with regard to the rules of fetching food - a local restaurant is doing takeaway I am assuming if I go alone to fetch it and they can give it to me without having to come close - I should be ok to do this ?

Yes you’re fine.

chiefdave

Got the same here. There's one family here with 3 generations living in the road, they have four or five houses between them, who think the rules don't apply to them. They're constantly going from house to house as if nothing is going on.

JAM See

Been handed a letter at work. Explains how I am a key worker. Been told to keep it in my car as a few of us have been pulled commuting for work. Shows the police are doing as instructed.

And on another note the wife informed me that lockdown has been extended for another 15 days in France today. They are now officially in lockdown until April 15th.

How the fuck are locksmiths getting all these privileges.

Last edited:

fellatio_Martinez

Hope you are her are doing ok. My sister has the same and is now getting over the worst of it but it’s day 14 now.

Thanks for that.

I thought I was over the worst but today I woke up and didn't have the energy to get out of bed. I've completely lost all sense of smell and I ache all over. It's like nothing I've ever experienced.

I called the doctor regarding my girlfriend and he said he's pretty sure we both have the virus but there's nothing that can be done unless we have breathing issues.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Thanks for that.

I thought I was over the worst but today I woke up and didn't have the energy to get out of bed. I've completely lost all sense of smell and I ache all over. It's like nothing I've ever experienced.

I called the doctor regarding my girlfriend and he said he's pretty sure we both have the virus but there's nothing that can be done unless we have breathing issues.

Hope you feel better soon fella!

OffenhamSkyBlue

Thanks for that.

Sounds a bit dodge that the doctor is "regarding your GF". Get well again, then go and knock his block off, FM!

Mcbean

Thanks for that.

Keep your fluids up - some fresh fruit if you can get it - not too much of the 5 fingered women - you don’t need to lose the protein !!!

fernandopartridge

All the best to you and the missus. How are you getting on?

fellatio_Martinez

All the best to you and the missus. How are you getting on?

Thanks for asking.

She's still suffering with the persistent cough and it's got so bad at points today that she was vomiting because of it. I have zero energy, a constant headache, my eyes are really sensitive, an old football injury in my neck is now killing me from out of nowhere and I'm coughing. I also go from shivering to boiling constantly. We're sleeping on and off but the sleep is terrible quality so it's no relief.

It's a nightmare. I honestly didn't think it would have hit me so hard.

Users who are viewing this thread