Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (22 Viewers)

David O'Day

I could indeed do a walk-in. I cancelled my appointment to see what happened and any new venues that turned up were even later!

Will see what happens when it sorts itself out.

The website is still working on a 5 to 6 month gap it seems as the 3 month gap booster hasn't been officially offered to "everyone" yet it seems.

fernandopartridge

I think the new very minor restrictions are the government reacting to case rates being in the ascendancy in the Tory heartlands over the last few weeks, using the new variant as cover. It's the first time the more affluent rural areas have really suffered much.

Hertsccfc

I support the jabs but i wont be getting my third atleast until i have had a antibody test, ive been ill that many times recently without testing because im abroad and haven't really been leaving house, so antibody test fordt then 3rd jab if antibodies are low, if not will wait until modofied booster.
No point having an antibody test unless you have had covid. It won't tell you anything

baldy

Apparently £200 fines are going to be dished out tomorrow if you’re caught without a muzzle on by the police - good luck with that…especially when the Moronic variant hasn‘t even been found to be in any way harmful
People may have it,but that’s about it - they’re not in hospital with it
Yet more ‘laws’ just made up willy nilly that’ll be just chucked instantly out of court like the previous pathetic covid fines
Can‘t people see the masks are just ‘theatre’? Ridiculous

fernandopartridge

Apparently £200 fines are going to be dished out tomorrow if you’re caught without a muzzle on by the police - good luck with that…especially when the Moronic variant hasn‘t even been found to be in any way harmful
People may have it,but that’s about it - they’re not in hospital with it
Yet more ‘laws’ just made up willy nilly that’ll be just chucked instantly out of court like the previous pathetic covid fines
Can‘t people see the masks are just ‘theatre’? Ridiculous
For once I agree with you. Mask wearing will have a tiny impact compared with say full sick pay to enforce isolation.

skyblue1991

No need to get booster if you have uad covid recently, would be a waste of a jab someone else can use.
Why would it be a waste of a jab if you're eligible and you're going to have it anyway, whether it's next month or in the Spring?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

261021271_5035689163121500_1475582675839284932_n.jpg

skybluetony176

No need to get booster if you have uad covid recently, would be a waste of a jab someone else can use.
You can’t have too many antibodies. Studies have shown that antibodies from infection wean much quicker from infection than they do from vaccine. You either seem to be assuming that you’ve had it and didn’t know it or you’ve had it and assume you’ve still got antibodies from it. One study I saw estimates that most people lose the antibodies from infection within 5-6 months, so basically you need to catch it twice in twelve months to give you less protection than getting jabbed as recommended. Stop messing around and just get the booster.

Kieranp96

Why would it be a waste of a jab if you're eligible and you're going to have it anyway, whether it's next month or in the Spring?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
If you haven't heard people are struggling to get appointments, maybe not a waste bit definitely not needed eight now.

Kieranp96

You can’t have too many antibodies. Studies have shown that antibodies from infection wean much quicker from infection than they do from vaccine. You either seem to be assuming that you’ve had it and didn’t know it or you’ve had it and assume you’ve still got antibodies from it. One study I saw estimates that most people lose the antibodies from infection within 5-6 months, so basically you need to catch it twice in twelve months to give you less protection than getting jabbed as recommended. Stop messing around and just get the booster.
Im double jabbed and have been ill 3/4x in the past 3 months, im takong antobody test just out of curiosity (paying for it myself), im eligible for my booster in the uk now and in Hungary where i reside, but i dont want to waste a vaccine when it wont affect me, assuming one of my sicknesses was covid.

Sbarcher

Had a positive Omicron yesterday for a child discharged from the hospital where my wife works. Seems she hadn't been anywhere or in contact with anyone outside the family.

On a farcical note, our ex son in law went to Hungary to see his family last month with our grandson and his step-mum. As father and son have "Hungarian blood" they did not need to take any tests. His step-mum, who is English and obviously has inferior blood was required to take full tests before and during the visit.

Kieranp96

Had a positive Omicron yesterday for a child discharged from the hospital where my wife works. Seems she hadn't been anywhere or in contact with anyone outside the family.

On a farcical note, our ex son in law went to Hungary to see his family last month with our grandson and his step-mum. As father and son have "Hungarian blood" they did not need to take any tests. His step-mum, who is English and obviously has inferior blood was required to take full tests before and during the visit.
Depends on vaccination status, it changed a few weeks ago that they will accept nhs vaccinatiom, prior to that you needed a pcr test from the 6th of august anf before that the only way in was business events and a pcr test.

Grendel

Sbarcher

Depends on vaccination status, it changed a few weeks ago that they will accept nhs vaccinatiom, prior to that you needed a pcr test from the 6th of august anf before that the only way in was business events and a pcr test.
This was half term and being Hungarian made him exempt from testing while she needed tests, even though they were man and wife!

fernandopartridge

Im double jabbed and have been ill 3/4x in the past 3 months, im takong antobody test just out of curiosity (paying for it myself), im eligible for my booster in the uk now and in Hungary where i reside, but i dont want to waste a vaccine when it wont affect me, assuming one of my sicknesses was covid.
You will waste it if you don't have it tbf as it's unlikely to be capable of being redistributed elsewhere

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Fully preparing for not being able to visit there this Christmas.

Sadly I think you are right.

I am just planning Christmas myself and starting to accept seeing family in the UK might be a bit too difficult.

I think at least if you manage that expectation, if it does happen, it might hurt a bit less.

Users who are viewing this thread