Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (41 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Current Coronavirus mindset:
It more or less might as well not exist.

I'm wearing masks less and less in shops. Football is back with crowds. Trudging back in to work every day.

It still nags at my brain in the background though every now and again and brings my mood down.

How is everyone else feeling about it?

I felt naked the first time I went into a shop here without a mask, but it was also liberating.

I try to be respectful of other people, but to be honest I don't think about corona that much anymore. Doesn't feel like there is a lot I can do about it so I just get on with things without too much worry.

covcity4life

Thank you everyone. They are keeping her overnight and giving antibiotics to ensure no infection she said. I don't know if that should make me more worried or not

covcity4life

My wife has pneumonia in left lung. They said her oxygen is goijg in right direction as gone from 5L to 2L whatever that means.

She is on anti biotics for the pneumonia. I don't know if you guys know of any people who recovered from pneumonia?

I am not in a good place right now. Although I asked the nurse how worried should I be and she said I wouldn't be. She is comfortable and not relying on oxygen much and she has seen antibiotics beat pneumonia majority of time.

Grendel

My wife has pneumonia in left lung. They said her oxygen is goijg in right direction as gone from 5L to 2L whatever that means.

She is on anti biotics for the pneumonia. I don't know if you guys know of any people who recovered from pneumonia?

I am not in a good place right now. Although I asked the nurse how worried should I be and she said I wouldn't be. She is comfortable and not relying on oxygen much and she has seen antibiotics beat pneumonia majority of time.

Sorry to hear that - must be very stressful - yes she certainly should recover - it may be slow for full recovery - I would be persistent with the hospital and ensure she is being monitored and that the condition is in the next couple of weeks showing improvement - research and ask questions - never be afraid to ask them questions

clint van damme

Know plenty of people who've recovered from pneumonia.
Think it's far more dangerous in elderly people.
She's in the right place mate.

skybluetony176

Sounds like she’s moving in the right direction. Pneumonia recovery is usually very good in otherwise healthy people, it’s just a case of antibiotics doing their job and fighting the infection which is what it sounds like is happening. Stay strong fella, got everything crossed for you.

covcity4life

Not the way I wanted to announce it but she is 27 weeks pregnant with our first child(after a v long journey)

Docs are aware though and don't seem concerned

Grendel

Not the way I wanted to announce it but she is 27 weeks pregnant with our first child(after a v long journey)

Obviously its stressful but no that should not present complications - I think it makes younger people more susceptible actually. The hospital will have seen this many times. Are people allowed in the hospitals now with COVID restrictions? Again just make sure you see the consultant when you can and ask questions. Its not a complication to worry about - though obviously you will be worried

covcity4life

Obviously its stressful but no that should not present complications - I think it makes younger people more susceptible actually. The hospital will have seen this many times. Are people allowed in the hospitals now with COVID restrictions? Again just make sure you see the consultant when you can and ask questions. Its not a complication to worry about - though obviously you will be worried
No cannot visit

The nurse told my wife that I am a good husband so brownie points there.

Yeah I will keep ringing for updates. Looks like tommrow they will see how well the antibiotics are doing

Thanks for the reassuring words everyone. I will keep you updated

xcraigx

My Wife had a pretty bad chest infection in 2016 which developed into Pneumonia a few days later. She wasn't in the best of health beforehand and suffers asthma but after a week of bed rest and some antibiotics she left hospital perfectly fine.

Easier said than done but there's no reason to worry, she's in the best place and i'm sure she'll be fine in a few days.

AOM

Congratulations, really hoping everything works out okay for you and the family.
From the comments above, it sounds like they're both in the best possible place at the moment

clint van damme

Congratulations, no wonder you're so concerned. I'm sure if the doctors aren't concerned then they're very confident everything will be fine though its only natural for you to be worried sick.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

No cannot visit

The nurse told my wife that I am a good husband so brownie points there.

Yeah I will keep ringing for updates. Looks like tommrow they will see how well the antibiotics are doing

Thanks for the reassuring words everyone. I will keep you updated

My dad had Pneumonia about three years ago. He is 60 odd and refused to go to the hospital because he was in Spain and thought it would be better to just wait until he got home. It must have been about two hours between landing at Birmingham and then being in ICU at Warwick Hospital. He even went to the local GP on the way who called him a dickhead and instructed my mum to take him straight to A&E. When he got there, a team of fast response staff were waiting for him.

It was scary for a while, but he made a full recovery and is absolutely fine until this day. He did get hit by an ambulance about two weeks after all that though, but that's another story entirely...

Best of luck. I'm sure she is going to be fine and I have no doubts you are doing your bit to hold things together for her.
Thoughts are with you.

SBT

Had a (very mild) case of pneumonia a few years ago. Came out of nowhere, was very healthy at the time, but wiped me out for days. A couple of weeks of antibiotics and a lot of rest soon had me back to normal. Sounds like your missus' situation is a lot tougher, but it's very treatable, especially in hospital.

Hertsccfc

Sorry to hear that mate. I know people who have recovered from it. Really hope it turns out ok.

NorthernWisdom

It seems slightly crass to move into general Covid chat on the back of that so I'll start a new post(!) however it did seem worth sharing the fact that vaccines appear to work very well against Covid, and the delta variant. What works less well is the fact that they don't reduce your levels of the viruss if it breaks through and you catch the delta variant - still unclear how that affects transmission. Therefore, the conclusion has to be...get vaccinated, be aware, be cautiously optimistic but, remember others.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
It seems slightly crass to move into general Covid chat on the back of that so I'll start a new post(!) however it did seem worth sharing the fact that vaccines appear to work very well against Covid, and the delta variant. What works less well is the fact that they don't reduce your levels of the viruss if it breaks through and you catch the delta variant - still unclear how that affects transmission. Therefore, the conclusion has to be...get vaccinated, be aware, be cautiously optimistic but, remember others.
It does make you wonder if New Zealand can continue with their zero Covid policy post-vaccination.

Users who are viewing this thread