Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (22 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

When were the tests taken? Can they turn them around that quickly now?

wingy

Six months later those much vaunted machines off that Sky news segment still haven't appeared

97%a accurate and turn around of 30 seconds too. could even be set to monitor for various other illnesses .
Guess it was a unicorn moment.

Brighton Sky Blue

Six months later those much vaunted machines off that Sky news segment still haven't appeared

97%a accurate and turn around of 30 seconds too. could even be set to monitor for various other illnesses .
Guess it was a unicorn moment.

All possible kinds of technical and economic reasons why they haven't entered mass production though. Moderna arriving in April, still unclear at what point but hopefully that allows some first jabs for 40-49 earlier than thought.

Brylowes

A guy on the Andrew Marr show today was saying we have completed about 1/5 of the overall total vaccine jabs needed.

wingy

30.1 million first doses now, 3.5 million second. Another 1.7 million of Groups 1-9 to reach.
Not entirely sure that is accurate.
Given that my GP has asked me to book in nearly a month on from my jab over at Stoneliegh through the centralised operation.
Although they're more likely to collect data from the latter I guess.

chiefdave

When were the tests taken? Can they turn them around that quickly now?
Antigen tests carried out earlier that day.
The pre-concert testing took place at three locations in Barcelona, carried out by 80 nurses wearing full personal protective equipment.

By midday, three out of 2,400 people already screened had tested positive and one had come into contact with a positive case, said Dr Josep Maria Libre, a doctor who oversaw the testing.

Those who tested positive were unable to attend the concert but would be entitled to a refund.

Attendees received their antigen test results in 10 to 15 minutes via an app on their phones. The test and a mask were included in the ticket price of between €23 and €28 (£20 and £24).

Brighton Sky Blue

Not entirely sure that is accurate.
Given that my GP has asked me to book in nearly a month on from my jab over at Stoneliegh through the centralised operation.
Although they're more likely to collect data from the latter I guess.

30.1 million recorded so far and JCVI says 31.8 million estimated in 1-9

Saddlebrains

Number of daily deaths in London from coronavirus on Sunday: zero

First time since September

Still feel things should be brought forward slightly.

Namely the pubs indoors. Feel its pretty pointless waiting until May, 12th April should be the one. Minimal transmission in covid safe pubs and hospitality anyway as the data showed last year.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!

Namely the pubs indoors. Feel its pretty pointless waiting until May, 12th April should be the one. Minimal transmission in covid safe pubs and hospitality anyway as the data showed last year.
I was up for quickening the pace of lifting restrictions, particularly as I've been watching the hospitalisations zoom down and deaths reduce also...however, the volume of cases in Europe has changed my mind...let's get as many vaccinated as possible...clear the hospitals so they can work normally and start clearing the backlog...then let's have a staycation summer getting smashed with my mates...it's not long to wait (y)

Brighton Sky Blue

I still disagree with that I’m afraid, you need to allow time for the latest round of first jabs to take effect.

shmmeee

That data was useless though and the majority of pub customers aren’t likely to be vaccinated for a couple of months. I think it’s about right while we’re still cautious of new variants.

LastGarrison

Plenty of my mates all in their 40’s have had it now!

Also, know a couple of people in their 30’s who have had it as they were on ‘waiting lists’ for any end of the day left over vaccines.

Over a third of Cov’s population has now had it so looks like we are really getting through them here.

Brighton Sky Blue

Plenty of my mates all in their 40’s have had it now!

Also, know a couple of people in their 30’s who have had it as they were on ‘waiting lists’ for any end of the day left over vaccines.

Over a third of Cov’s population has now had it so looks like we are really getting through them here.

Really wish they had a national or regional waiting list for left over doses

stupot07

Maybe some positivity in regards to the vaccine numbers and how cases and deaths have come down really low, he never talks about that
He doesn't need to, Boris has already said it.

Whitty's role has developed into tempering overexcitement, so that people don't start flouting the rules. If they all jusy stood there and said how amazing everything is, people would start doing what ever they want.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Maybe some positivity in regards to the vaccine numbers and how cases and deaths have come down really low, he never talks about that
Their aim at the mo is to stop people just going bonkers. If they stood there beaming and saying how great the figures are (which they certainly are!), then a significant percentage would instantly drop their guard.

They know this is their last chance of people following a lockdown (see Merkel's u-turn), so need people to see this one through.

Grendel

Just heard that there's to be a vaccine factory at ......Barnard Castle..top trolling but excellent news really

Dubed is on his way as we speak

Users who are viewing this thread