Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (34 Viewers)

CCFCSteve

All I want to hear from the govt every week is how many have been vaccinated and how close we are to hitting full coverage of the groups identified

Spot on. If (appreciate it could be a big IF !) its going ok it will hopefully give the country a boost as well....instead of just seeing the case/death figures

Tommo1993

Other countries didn't allow exemptions to mask wearing did they? If you left the house you worse a mask, if you had a medical condition that meant you couldn't wear a mask you weren't deemed safe to leave the house.

We've done the double whammy of allowing exemptions and not requiring any evidence of an exemption so you end up with anyone that doesn't want to wear one saying they're exempt.

Yeah tbh I’m not sure I believe in exemptions anyway. The whole family going shopping too. Mum, dad, 4 kids. Necessary?

Ian1779

Trainee chef. So bit difficult to grade as it's a lot of practical. He was hoping to be working abroad by the end of the year but that could be in jeopardy like so much else
There may well be records of continual assessment that can be applied to allow him to complete. Like a skills based record of work or something. Fingers crossed for him.

Brighton Sky Blue

Spot on. If (appreciate it could be a big IF !) its going ok it will hopefully give the country a boost as well....instead of just seeing the case/death figures

It also gives the country a very clear view of how far we have left to go. Then keep in mind a few weeks extra are needed for the vaccine to take effect.

chiefdave

It also gives the country a very clear view of how far we have left to go. Then keep in mind a few weeks extra are needed for the vaccine to take effect.
I would guess it would help with compliance as well. If people see 7 figure numbers popping up every week as vaccinated then it gives you hope and makes it easier to put up with a few more weeks.

Last edited:

CCFCSteve

I would guess it would help with compliance as well. If people see 7 figure numbers popping up every week as vaccinated then it gives you hope and makes it easy to put up with a few more weeks.

Agree with you and BSB. They appear to have forgotten the behaviour science bit in all this, which is massive. All you hear is just about tighter restrictions which as a few on here have said,you can’t really get much tighter (just stricter/harsher penalties). They need to get the ‘buy in’ back

SBT

SBT thinks they are fine

Do I?

I said people were confused about the difference between how you catch it in a supermarket versus inviting someone round. And from the number of people still claiming that supermarkets are the main transmitters (they're not) or asking if you can catch it from handling fruit and veg (not much evidence) then it sounds like I was right.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

That’s not what they’re doing though. Boris is giving it the bigun that we’ve vaccinated more than the rest of Europe put together. Firstly it means fuck all, it’s just Boris polishing his own knob. Secondly last time the government was telling us we were doing better than the rest of Europe within weeks we had the highest infection and death rates not just in Europe but the world and all of a sudden you wasn’t allowed to compare us to Europe. I’d rather he doesn’t tempt fate again for the sake of his own vanity.

Translation: I hate the fact some people voted differently from me and get triggered every time Europe (not even the EU which is a different thing) is mentioned, especially when the UK is actually doing something better than them.

If we are the first country in the world to reopen fully again following vaccination process, will you be able to say something, anything positive?

fernandopartridge

CLOSE SUPERMARKETS.

Edit: I know this is a ridiculous suggestion by the way but they are carnage. And can you name another place where you are mingling in close proximity with people leaning over you saying sorry in your face with a mask half on reaching for a pack of bacon?
People need to moderate their behaviour.

Tbh I go shopping after 9pm to avoid the crowds, just been and had nobody near me for ages.

Brylowes

All I want to hear from the govt every week is how many have been vaccinated and how close we are to hitting full coverage of the groups identified
Absolutely this, whatever else is happening is happening, we can see it but there’s not a great deal we can do about it apart from sit tight and avoid others as much as possible.
The vaccine is now the only thing offering any kind of meaningful respite and hope for our health and economic recovery, the cancellation of the planned 2nd vaccine jab along with (what feels like ) a sudden aversion to wanting to talk about the vaccination programme from government and media is giving me an uneasy feeling.

chiefdave

I'd still like to know what local area actually means...

I assume I can drive to exercise?
In lockdown 1 local forces were advised by the National Police Chiefs’ Council to work on the basis that the length of the exercise had to be greater than the time spent on travel. Or something along those lines, can't remember the exact wording. Suspect they'll use similar this time as nothing seems to be defined.

Doubt anyone will be questioned unless they're driving for miles like those idiots that had to be rescued in the snow after they decided to take a day trip to the Peak District.

Brighton Sky Blue

Absolutely this, whatever else is happening is happening, we can see it but there’s not a great deal we can do about it apart from sit tight and avoid others as much as possible.
The vaccine is now the only thing offering any kind of meaningful respite and hope for our health and economic recovery, the cancellation of the planned 2nd vaccine jab along with (what feels like ) a sudden aversion to wanting to talk about the vaccination programme from government and media is giving me an uneasy feeling.

It’s the only way out of the restrictions. Unite everyone behind it and keep people updated with weekly figures in relation to the target. No media spin, no taking credit for others’ accomplishments, just get that vaccine out to as many as you can in the shortest time.

Users who are viewing this thread