Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (12 Viewers)

David O'Day

on the 3rd of october aka 13 days ago italy had 2843 cases

Jamesimus

They are behind us, Italy only had 800 cases 13 days ago, d there's a guy on n here crediting the goverment of Italy for making sure everyone wears mask giving praise ect and that's worked out well come 2 weeks later.

I'm going to stop replying to you now because it's like talking to a sieve.

Philosorapter

Question:

Do you trust CCC to make life and death decisions regarding the implementation of these lockdowns when just two years ago they were branded by an independent tribunal, and I quote;

"Yet Coventry City Council, seemingly with a determination and delusion reminiscent of King Canute himself, has continued to enforce PCNs."

Last edited:

Sick Boy

They are behind us, Italy only had 800 cases 13 days ago, d there's a guy on n here crediting the goverment of Italy for making sure everyone wears mask giving praise ect and that's worked out well come 2 weeks later.
The obligation to wear a mask started a week ago.
There were also 2,843 new cases 13 days ago.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Speaking of which Italian friend of mine, who lives in London, is heading back to Italy to stay with her parents. Reckons when she gets there she will be tested and get the results within 30 minutes, with a negative test meaning no quarantine.

If that's possible in Italy why was Johnson only a few days ago talking about the £100bn cost of Operation Moonshot? And why has it now been seemingly abandoned?
I believe that they use the test developed and proven from South Korea. Not sure why we don’t just do the same rather than spank £100B on another Boris hair brained idea that won’t deliver.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

So you reckon they only had 80k cases yea? Ight pal.

As for who this wokr out well
I think the information that’s been shared is pretty much unprecedented from a public health perspective. I have no idea whether the numbers are falsified. I know ours have been. Look at France and the lack of taking responsibility for the care homes debacle in England and Scotland.

Your trust of our government as opposed to others despite the evidence is somewhat naive and I’m the most naive person I know

shmmeee

Question:

Do you trust CCC to make life and death decisions regarding the implementation of these lockdowns when just two years ago they were branded by an independent tribunal, and I quote;

"Yet Coventry City Council, seemingly with a determination and delusion reminiscent of King Canute himself, has continued to enforce PCNs."

Funnily enough public health isnt handled by the traffic enforcement department. So yes. Local health teams have a much better record than private TNT teams.

Macca

So the Mancs and Scousers don’t want to play ball, no huge surprise on the Scouser front. Would a compromise be to just have a ban on travel in and out of these areas but let them carry on within? That way they get their freedom but don’t screw anyone else over.

David O'Day

So the Mancs and Scousers don’t want to play ball, no huge surprise on the Scouser front. Would a compromise be to just have a ban on travel in and out of these areas but let them carry on within? That way they get their freedom but don’t screw anyone else over.

Liverpool is already tier 3

The "mancs" just want a fair package of help for the workers and businesses decimated by any further restrictions.

Macca

Liverpool is already tier 3

The "mancs" just want a fair package of help for the workers and businesses decimated by any further restrictions.

But for Liverpool where there is a movement around not abiding by those tier 3 rules, is the aforementioned plan more workable. Freedom within the city but accept travel restrictions out of it?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

'Lancashire has agreed a deal to enter Tier 3 - the highest level of England'

What is this, transfer deadline day muddled up with Covid-19? Can just imagine CCC doing a deal with the government. Pocketing all the money and saying they are skint. It is a bit worrying actually.

Sky Blue Pete

'Lancashire has agreed a deal to enter Tier 3 - the highest level of England'

What is this, transfer deadline day muddled up with Covid-19? Can just imagine CCC doing a deal with the government. Pocketing all the money and saying they are skint. It is a bit worrying actually.
It’s sharing the blame. To be fair I’m pretty annoyed at burnham and government for not sorting it out. Fiddling while Rome burns

Nick

Administrator
So we're to expect between 240-690 deaths a day by 26th October. Cheery stuff. Might be time for me to retreat from the news again!

Isn't there hundreds of deaths a day from cancer that isn't all over the news and drummed into people?

Statistically, I think I am more likely to die from cancer than COVID too.

NorthernWisdom

I can't read any of it behind the paywall, but the first couple of paras are enough.

Now surely isn't the time for this kind of thing! Even for the likes of Putin!

NorthernWisdom

Isn't there hundreds of deaths a day from cancer that isn't all over the news and drummed into people?

Pretty irrelevant, as I can't catch cancer having a chat to my work colleague.

It's also drummed into me to eat less carconegenic stuff, smoke less, get checked out at the doctor at the sign of triouble - all mitigating factors.

Nick

Administrator
Pretty irrelevant, as I can't catch cancer having a chat to my work colleague.

It's also drummed into me to eat less carconegenic stuff, smoke less, get checked out at the doctor at the sign of triouble - all mitigating factors.

No, you can't which is why you need to then look at the statistics of it all.

Not saying "it's nothing to worry about" but I don't think it's something to be stuck away scared of and getting bothered about the news every day and tuning in to listen to how many people have died. It will do nothing but drag people down.

Have they released how many more suicides per day during it all?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Statistically you're more likely to be killed by an asteroid, because although the chances of it happening are very low the death count if it does will be billions.

Also you can't catch cancer from being close to other people. There's plenty of things we could do to reduce cancer cases in terms of business practices, environment etc which are resisted because, y'know, £££. But we can help restrict the spread of Covid by following some simple rules and being willing to temporarily have a shit time by restricting our movements.

clint van damme

yeah, but you're not likely to catch cancer from someone drooling over you in a pub

clint van damme

No, you can't which is why you need to then look at the statistics of it all.

Not saying "it's nothing to worry about" but I don't think it's something to be stuck away scared of and getting bothered about the news every day and tuning in to listen to how many people have died. It will do nothing but drag people down.

Have they released how many more suicides per day during it all?

I don't think there's much evidence that it's increased from what I've read though I'm prepared to be proven wrong on that. Look at the mental health thread, people saying lock down was actually beneficial.
I think we'll only really see the knock on affect of lock down on mental health over the next few months as the jobless total starts rising. Being out of work is a huge problem for a lot of people.

Nick

Administrator
I don't think there's much evidence that it's increased from what I've read though I'm prepared to be proven wrong on that. Look at the mental health thread, people saying lock down was actually beneficial.
I think we'll only really see the knock on affect of lock down on mental health over the next few months as the jobless total starts rising. Being out of work is a huge problem for a lot of people.

Yeah that's the thing, job losses etc which will be the main factor of it.

It's one thing people having less stress because they are on furlough and paid still but if jobs go completely that's a completely different matter.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

One of the reasons however there are many obese people in New Zealand

New Zealand is a different animal altogether.

The evidence that people without any health issues and aren't of a senior age being largely unaffected cannot be dismissed. It really is like many people are putting their fingers in their ears and not wanting to know.

It certainly is a killer for certain people, but there is a massive part of the world's population where it isn't. That needs to be factored into how we tackle it and recover the planet.

David O'Day

But for Liverpool where there is a movement around not abiding by those tier 3 rules, is the aforementioned plan more workable. Freedom within the city but accept travel restrictions out of it?

they've closed the things they have to, the only movement is to try and secure more support from central government

chiefdave

The evidence that people without any health issues and aren't of a senior age being largely unaffected cannot be dismissed. It really is like many people are putting their fingers in their ears and not wanting to know.
But again you have to consider the percentage of the population that 'health issues' applies to.

A recent NHS study puts 67% of the population as overweight. So the number of people overweight who are hospitalised, while above the national average, is not that much over the average.

Users who are viewing this thread