Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

I wonder if everyone buying masks will mean they’ve got the around and wear them next time they’re ill or just around flu season anyway. Would be nice if better contagious disease hygiene was a by product of all this.

Yep then we can all look like extras in a horror film

Sick Boy

I’ve got used to wearing a mask now, they’re obligatory indoors and in offices, no idea why some are opposed to wearing them.

fernandopartridge

I don't want him to get better. People can get on their high horse about that comment if they want but the world would be better off without him. I hope he dies.

His policies, or lack of them, have been responsible for potentially hundreds of thousands of people getting covid and his reaction has been to not give a single fuck.

He's embraced facism and he's allowed a big ramp up in the destruction of the Amazon. World would be better off without him.

Spot on

Walsgrave

I know that care homes are not the best of environments to keep any kind of disease under control at the best of times. However, Mr Johnson surely has some audacity to describe the management of care homes as 'cowardly'.

fernandopartridge

I know that care homes are not the best of environments to keep any kind of disease under control at the best of times. However, Mr Johnson surely has some audacity to describe the management of care homes as 'cowardly'.
Even if care homes have some culpability, who is it that has designed a care home system that relies on paying private companies a pittance to look after very vulnerable people?

Walsgrave

Even if care homes have some culpability, who is it that has designed a care home system that relies on paying private companies a pittance to look after very vulnerable people?
Exactly. As a society we worship money makers as the gold standard definition of 'success'. It consumes society to such an extent that most people are happy to characterise the disabled as 'benefits scroungers' but won't bat an eyelid at the tax evasion (which is, to be fair, legal) or tax avoidance committed by those companies who consume us. When in fact there's an inverse relationship between the pay received in a job and the criticality of that job, as has been shown in the past few months.

The worst thing is that most people will forget about this and things will continue as they were in the event that 'normality' resumes.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Exactly. As a society we worship money makers as the gold standard definition of 'success'. It consumes society to such an extent that most people are happy to characterise the disabled as 'benefits scroungers' but won't bat an eyelid at the tax evasion (which is, to be fair, legal) or tax avoidance committed by those companies who consume us. When in fact there's an inverse relationship between the pay received in a job and the criticality of that job, as has been shown in the past few months.

The worst thing is that most people will forget about this and things will continue as they were in the event that 'normality' resumes.

I would give you a like but evasion is illegal. Avoidance is legal

pipkin73

fernandopartridge

From what i have heard out here 3 deaths (Mogán/Puerto Rico area) and 5 suicides. A police officer has also jumped from "THE BRIDGE" last week and talk was that he lost the plot and could not deal with this anymore (even with us now being clean). Also reports that cancer deaths are due to shoot up as people were not diagnosed during this.
The motorway bridge?

pipkin73

If what i've read it correct (some will be, my dad has had his operation date changed 3 times already) then the death rate for other things could fly up next year as people never got treated/diagnosed early enough due to Covid19. The death rate due to Covid19 could go much higher end of this year/next year due to people being turned away from test/treatment they required but never got.

pipkin73

So the latest info here in Fuerteventura.

If you are going on holiday, people dropping you off will not be allowed in the terminal building. At all times in the terminal building and all times whilst on board your flight you will need to wear a mask. If you need the toilet on board your flight, you no longer queue to use it, you have to buzz a crew member who will let you know when it's free to use.

When landed here you will have to fill in a compulsory Information sheet. This is to give details mainly of where you are staying, just incase one of your fellow passengers fall ill, they can then contact you and maybe recommend you go into quarentine.

Whilst around the island its compulsory to wear a mask in all indoor public spaces, such as shops. Out in the street you dont need to wear one if you can maintain a distance of 1.5m. However I've had people shoulder barge me in the street, obviously less than 1.5m when passing, they were not wearing a mask.

I have also noticed the people not wearing masks here are the small amount of tourists that have arrived. However the police can fine you if you are not carrying a mask on the street. You do not need to wear a mask whilst eating and drinking in a public bar/restaurant, but you need to wear one if going upto the bar or going to the toilet.

Hotels can open as all inclusive, but buffet bars are now no longer self service. Bars are not allowed to have menus that can be handled, most are displaying them on large display boards.

Around the pool the sun beds are to be spaced out. Meaning at busy times you may have to book your sun bed, you will not be able to use it all day, same will apply on the beach.

Mostly the same here but the people i have found not wearing masks have been Spanish from up north. Tourists seem to be obeying the rules and happy to as they feel safe here. I've spoken to a few who have only come for 3 or 4 days to test the water and check if they are happy to come for longer later in the year. All have said they are happy and be rebooking with family and friends later in the year.

David O'Day

So the new deal style recovery plan seems to be

0.2% GDP capital spending
A rehashed future jobs fund
Gordon Browns 2008 home improvements plan
A possible £500 gimmick

pipkin73

I get it every year (along with plenty of other injections) and can honestly say that in the majority of cases you hardly even feel the flu jab. It’s a tiny needle in the top of your arm.

Just pray you never need a lumbar puncture because that hurts like a bitch.
Haha, i got a local for mine so never felt a thing :) mind you they won't give me any more as they said too high a percent of paralysis and won't do anymore unless i get to the stage where i can't move so if it goes wrong then i lose nothing (like i've said before, the main reason i moved out here to the heat).

pipkin73

I’ve got used to wearing a mask now, they’re obligatory indoors and in offices, no idea why some are opposed to wearing them.
If you get the right mask then great, but i've worn some that just made my face sweat and were just dam uncomfortable. The new ones i have were 6€ for 10 in the local Spar shop and i have no problem wearing.

Sick Boy

Does it though, or did it make people take liberties as they're 'protected'?
From my experience of having to wear them on a daily basis over the last couple of months, psychologically it acts as a reminder and makes people more cautious in general.
The only place where i've been people 'taking liberties' is in a crowded bar where literally no one whatsoever was wearing them, despite regulations.

shmmeee

Evidence I’ve seen says masks work, Asian countries swear by them after experience with pandemics. Can’t see why they wouldn’t work.

Users who are viewing this thread