Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (56 Viewers)

stupot07

fucking hell. Sky gave Grant Shapps the questions last night and he still couldn't answer them all this morning. He must be fucking livid with number 10.
Nah he doesnt give a shit.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Shapps on Sky - people aren't interested in one families lockdown
Shapps on Marr - I know people are deeply fascinated with this story!!

clint van damme

that was fucking painful to watch.
When Marr rinses you you've got problems. I bet Shapps is heading straight to the offy!

Ring Of Steel

Tory mp number 4.

These back benches really hate him it seems

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

when you look into the history of the man it’s easy to see why- Boris must be shitting it as the last thing he needs is Cummings let loose with a grudge, he knows everything.

has anyone heard from or seen Boris, or is he hiding again?

Ring Of Steel

that was fucking painful to watch.
When Marr rinses you you've got problems. I bet Shapps is heading straight to the offy!

yes you’re right- Marr is one of the weakest interviewers out there, he’s terrible- he gives you a pasting and you’re either incompetent or you’re the designated fall guy.

Ring Of Steel

He’s up against the enemies he made on his climb up the career ladder. They now have enough rope to hang him.

At least the Cummings story distracts from the double counting tests deceit, which distracts from the app not working cockup, which distracts from the botched lockdown issue, which distracts from the NHS workers being deported & charged story, which deflects from the murderous care homes issue, which distracts from ‘herd immunity’, which ultimately distracts from the 60,000 deaths story.

It’s an impressive CV they’re building up, and they’re only 6 months in- imagine what they can achieve in 5 years

djr8369

I think those line up with the time line of the second visit don't they? Turns out his mum had a birthday on the first visit and his wife had a birthday on the second. All a coincidence though I'm sure.

Laura K looks really shit off the back of those tweets.

I’ve tried to always give Laura K the benefit of the doubt but her adherence to the party line of chastising the professor while putting out the excuses for Cummings has left her bereft of credibility and up for an impartiality review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djr8369

At least the Cummings story distracts from the double counting tests deceit, which distracts from the app not working cockup, which distracts from the botched lockdown issue, which distracts from the NHS workers being deported & charged story, which deflects from the murderous care homes issue, which distracts from ‘herd immunity’, which ultimately distracts from the 60,000 deaths story.

It’s an impressive CV they’re building up, and they’re only 6 months in- imagine what they can achieve in 5 years

They are having to throw down so many dead cats that at this rate they will make Trump look savvy and rational.

Ring Of Steel

They are having to throw down so many dead cats that at this rate they will make Trump look savvy and rational.

If you voted these people in, then ok- that was a personal choice and perhaps you’re a brexiteer. Fair enough. But if now, a few months down the line, you can’t see that this is the weakest, most incompetent, most dishonest & failing government in our lifetime then you’re just a prick.

Don’t forget, this latest little fuck up is playing out against the backdrop of 60,000+ deaths, thousands of which this government are responsible for. But some will still stick up for them- which unfortunately tells you a lot about some of the people in the country as well as about the people running it... as well about how badly the last opposition failed.

clint van damme

EYxotOtWoAATOwd

djr8369

If you voted these people in, then ok- that was a personal choice and perhaps you’re a brexiteer. Fair enough. But if now, a few months down the line, you can’t see that this is the weakest, most incompetent, most dishonest & failing government in our lifetime then you’re just a prick.

Don’t forget, this latest little fuck up is playing out against the backdrop of 60,000+ deaths, thousands of which this government are responsible for. But some will still stick up for them- which unfortunately tells you a lot about some of the people in the country as well as about the people running it... as well about how badly the last opposition failed.

The culture war is working too well. Doesn’t matter what they get wrong, what lies they tell, any criticism is just “the left” complaining. The country has been trained to hate the media, academics, anyone who can vaguely be associated with the left and experts because it suits the tories. If you’re a Tory supporter this might be all fun and games while you’re “winning” but this shit has consequences.

skybluetony176

A lot of people seem to believe that the government have been lining up the people as a scapegoat for not following lockdown rules. Has Cummings behaviour just ensured that doesn’t happen? #cummingsmanofthepeople

Ring Of Steel

The culture war is working too well. Doesn’t matter what they get wrong, what lies they tell, any criticism is just “the left” complaining. The country has been trained to hate the media, academics, anyone who can vaguely be associated with the left and experts because it suits the tories. If you’re a Tory supporter this might be all fun and games while you’re “winning” but this shit has consequences.

Even if Cummings goes, he won’t actually go anywhere, he’ll be behind the scenes directing things and then with even less accountability. As for Boris- everyone knew he was going to be the worst PM and he didn’t take long to prove it- impressive even by his standards of ineptitude

djr8369

A lot of people seem to believe that the government have been lining up the people as a scapegoat for not following lockdown rules. Has Cummings behaviour just ensured that doesn’t happen? #cummingsmanofthepeople

That’s an interesting point and also speaks to the wider issues of dishonesty. Each half truth and deception undermines something else and makes the whole thing unwieldy and eventually untenable.

Kind of poetic that it might be Cummings who is bringing that to a head.

djr8369

Even if Cummings goes, he won’t actually go anywhere, he’ll be behind the scenes directing things and then with even less accountability. As for Boris- everyone knew he was going to be the worst PM and he didn’t take long to prove it- impressive even by his standards of ineptitude

Indeed, he’ll hang around somehow but that will create another scandal. The tories are getting to a point where they either have to pull their socks up or go full on Trump.

Brighton Sky Blue

Indeed, he’ll hang around somehow but that will create another scandal. The tories are getting to a point where they either have to pull their socks up or go full on Trump.

At least Trump still appears regularly to talk to the press. We have the more cowardly and obese version, with even more unkempt hair.

As for Cummings, yes he should be roasted but don’t allow him to take focus away from everything else. Questions got wasted yesterday because everyone wanted to but the boot in.

clint van damme

He broke rule number 1 of being a professional liar-don’t get caught in the act.

the worrying thing for me is just how badly Johnson has played all this and has created a huge issue for his party despite having the good will of large sections of the media.
Now I don't give a fuck about Johnson but our country is being led by a man who is clearly lazy and not a very strategic thinker who speaks without thinking and gets caught lying as a result. Fuck knows what disasters he's going to lead the country in to.

Users who are viewing this thread