Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (38 Viewers)

Skyblueweeman

In the last 24 hours Germany ordered 10,000 brand new ventilators from Irish manufacturers. Total orders by U.K.? Zero, we’re going to get some car companies to try and build some for us.

Playing devils advocate...how many did they have before and as a ratio against their population?

Do you know that the UK didn't already have orders in?

Is our ventilators per person ration already higher than Germany?

Genuinely...you or I don't know the answers to the above, so why make a big thing out of it if you don't know the answers? If you do know the answers, I apologise but there's far too much comparing apples with oranges with pears with bananas at the moment. And not just on here.

wingy

Playing devils advocate...how many did they have before and as a ratio against their population?

Genuinely...you or I don't know the answers to the above, so why make a big thing out of it if you don't know the answers? If you do know the answers, I apologise but there's far too much comparing apples with oranges with pears with bananas at the moment. And not just on here.
The data is out there .

Grendel

Ring Of Steel

So even if I was going to research all that, it would make it ok to “reassure” the population that our approach of using some coat hangers & glue to make ventilators would be ok would it?

bottom line- Germany has very low mortality rate and is buying new ventilators in huge volumes, we have a much higher mortality rate and the govt is on TV begging car factories to start making essential medical equipment.

Ring Of Steel

No idea how much of this message I just got is true, so don’t shoot the messenger, but perhaps it would be a nice change to have something ‘happy’ to tear apart and rip to shreds :)

-China has closed down its last coronavirus hospital. Not enough new cases to support them.

- Doctors in India have been successful in treating Coronavirus. Combination of drugs used: Lopinavir, Retonovir, Oseltamivir along with Chlorphenamine. They are going to suggest same medicine, globally.

- Researchers of the Erasmus Medical Center claim to have found an antibody against coronavirus.

- A 103-year-old Chinese grandmother has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after being treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China.

- Apple reopens all 42 china stores,

- Cleveland Clinic developed a COVID-19 test that gives results in hours, not days.

- Good news from South Korea, where the number of new cases is declining.

- Scientists in Israel likely to announce the development of a coronavirus vaccine.

- 3 Maryland coronavirus patients fully recovered; able to return to everyday life.

- A network of Canadian scientists are making excellent progress in Covid-19 research.

- A San Diego biotech company is developing a Covid-19 vaccine in collaboration with Duke University and National University of Singapore.

- Tulsa County's first positive COVID-19 case has recovered. This individual has had two negative tests, which is the indicator of recovery.

- All 7 patients who were getting treated for at Safdarjung hospital in New Delhi have recovered.

- Plasma from newly recovered patients from Covid -19 can treat others infected by Covid-19.

PVA

I don't know about ventillators, but we have one of the lowest ICU beds/population rating in Europe, about half of what Italy has.

SkyBlueDom26

No idea how much of this message I just got is true, so don’t shoot the messenger, but perhaps it would be a nice change to have something ‘happy’ to tear apart and rip to shreds :)

-China has closed down its last coronavirus hospital. Not enough new cases to support them.

- Doctors in India have been successful in treating Coronavirus. Combination of drugs used: Lopinavir, Retonovir, Oseltamivir along with Chlorphenamine. They are going to suggest same medicine, globally.

- Researchers of the Erasmus Medical Center claim to have found an antibody against coronavirus.

- A 103-year-old Chinese grandmother has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after being treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China.

- Apple reopens all 42 china stores,

- Cleveland Clinic developed a COVID-19 test that gives results in hours, not days.

- Good news from South Korea, where the number of new cases is declining.

- Scientists in Israel likely to announce the development of a coronavirus vaccine.

- 3 Maryland coronavirus patients fully recovered; able to return to everyday life.

- A network of Canadian scientists are making excellent progress in Covid-19 research.

- A San Diego biotech company is developing a Covid-19 vaccine in collaboration with Duke University and National University of Singapore.

- Tulsa County's first positive COVID-19 case has recovered. This individual has had two negative tests, which is the indicator of recovery.

- All 7 patients who were getting treated for at Safdarjung hospital in New Delhi have recovered.

- Plasma from newly recovered patients from Covid -19 can treat others infected by Covid-19.

Thanks for this, in hard times seeing stuff like this really gets your hopes up that something will be found soon to treat and stop this awful disease....

This then makes it look like we aren't doing enough however how far behind these countries are we mate>?

usskyblue

People in charge are either thickasshit or have an agenda.

Millennials and school kids were ‘advised’ by the governor of Florida not to gather in groups of more than 10 and ‘please don’t go to the beach’.

Yesterday, at Clearwater Beach:

Screen-Shot-2020-03-16-at-12.22.09-PM.png

CLOSE THE FUCKING BEACH

clint van damme

Millennials and school kids were ‘advised’ by the governor of Florida not to gather in groups of more than 10 and ‘please don’t go to the beach’.

CLOSE THE FUCKING BEACH

it looks fucking great though mate to be fair.
If I was in your neck of the woods I'd be straight on there!

Ring Of Steel

Thanks for this, in hard times seeing stuff like this really gets your hopes up that something will be found soon to treat and stop this awful disease....

This then makes it look like we aren't doing enough however how far behind these countries are we mate>?

One thing history shows is that we will overcome something like this (at a cost, but we will). And I’d limit social media & certain “news” outlets, they’d have you believe we’re all going to die painfully in a pool of snot & toilet roll- the vast, vast majority of us are not going to even get a sniffle. Look after the vulnerable best as possible and ride it out, it will turn out ok (you know what I mean) and we’ll deal with the fallout when we have to. That’s my way of looking at it anyway.

As for us- I don’t know. Our lot can’t communicate & appear comically inept, but you’ve got to assume that behind the scenes some serious minds are working away at it.

or then again maybe I’m going insane with the boredom ;)

Grendel

CLOSE THE FUCKING BEACH

This is why school closures are not great - teenagers won’t just sit and home

Ring Of Steel

CLOSE THE FUCKING BEACH

Is that true what I’ve seen that Americans are panic buying guns, or is that just crap?

usskyblue

This is why school closures are not great - teenagers won’t just sit and home

Not the point. It’s Spring Break next week. They would’ve been off anyway.

It’s spineless people in power ‘asking’ kids to not gather in groups of more than 10 and ‘asking’ them not to go to the beach.

Miami is closing theirs, despite the fucking incompetent governor. Other cities will profit from it...as the spotty little turds will come to the open beaches on the Gulf Coast.

Smart yeah

Grendel

Not the point. It’s Spring Break next week. They would’ve been off anyway.

It’s spineless people in power ‘asking’ kids to not gather in groups of more than 10 and ‘asking’ them not to go to the beach.

Miami is closing theirs, despite the fucking incompetent governor. Other cities will profit from it...as the spotty little turds will come to the open beaches on the Gulf Coast.

Smart yeah

Then they hang around shopping malls you can’t contain people for any length of time

hill83

90% sure I’ve got it. Rang 111, basically shrugged and said stay at home for 14 days dickhead.

Coughing like mad. No sore throat. Eyes burning. Sweating like I’ve never ever sweated before even when playing football in the summer. Haven’t moved for 3 hours. Mrs is on her way home now and the lad is not going to school. Shitting it. Told work I’ll see you in 2 weeks.

tisza

90% sure I’ve got it. Rang 111, basically shrugged and said stay at home for 14 days dickhead.

Coughing like mad. No sore throat. Eyes burning. Sweating like I’ve never ever sweated before even when playing football in the summer. Haven’t moved for 3 hours. Mrs is on her way home now and the lad is not going to school. Shitting it. Told work I’ll see you in 2 weeks.
hope it's not. wishing you a speedy and full recovery

hill83

Doesn’t feel like flu though really. As in I can actually move about and it comes in waves. It’s weird. Wish I knew exactly what I’ve got.

Ring Of Steel

All the best to you, sending good thoughts :emoji_punch: easy to say I know but don’t shit it

Grendel

Whatever you do don’t take Iboprofen there’s a school of thought this actually worsens conditions and paracetamol is a safe option

I’m sure you will be fine as will your family

hill83

Whatever you do don’t take Iboprofen there’s a school of thought this actually worsens conditions and paracetamol is a safe option

Cheers mate. Already found out about that. Good job I questioned what the NHS website and 111 said hey? Our lot haven’t found out about that yet.

SkyBlueDom26

Stay safe mate!

Ring Of Steel

Cheers mate. Already found out about that. Good job I questioned what the NHS website and 111 said hey? Our lot haven’t found out about that yet.

there are quite a lot of reports around of Ibuprofen making it worse, there definitely seems to be some truth to it.

fernandopartridge

Doesn’t feel like flu though really. As in I can actually move about and it comes in waves. It’s weird. Wish I knew exactly what I’ve got.

One of my workmates reckons he's got it, he said he's got a cough and a strange warm sensation in his chest. Somebody at his lad's nursery had got it.

Sick Boy

I think social media has proliferated armchair experts and those that think their opinion is the right one - what’s clear is somebody needs to be in charge of the country through this global emergency - not sure anyone else wouldn’t be in the same boat of continual criticism - we do need to go forward and this has transcended football - I was stunned by the pictures of cities with no people - this must have some effect - we live in a small village and I can see people helping each other - if you know older peeps make sure you ring them and talk about any old bollox - my neighbour is 94 and we shout at each other - she’s currently fine - my friend at 84 had dementia coming on but lives 7 miles away pretty sure I am going to ring him regularly - make a change to your direction think of your family and what’s important and also consider others around you - if everyone does this it will help !
Someone here has printed off hundreds of flyers offering help to the elderly , great to see

Skyblueweeman

So even if I was going to research all that, it would make it ok to “reassure” the population that our approach of using some coat hangers & glue to make ventilators would be ok would it?

bottom line- Germany has very low mortality rate and is buying new ventilators in huge volumes, we have a much higher mortality rate and the govt is on TV begging car factories to start making essential medical equipment.

Coat hangers and glue, c'mon man...don't be silly.

This is an engineering challenge and the UK has some of the best engineers in the world. Granted, those working from JCB are probably unlikely to be able to knock up what's required but this is probably the greatest test of national resolve in peacetime. ALL options should be looked it.

djr8369

All the best Hill, keep in touch on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djr8369

I haven’t seen that but that’s a good tip, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ring Of Steel

Coat hangers and glue, c'mon man...don't be silly.

This is an engineering challenge and the UK has some of the best engineers in the world. Granted, those working from JCB are probably unlikely to be able to knock up what's required but this is probably the greatest test of national resolve in peacetime. ALL options should be looked it.

The point is that if this is the biggest test of national resolve, you should be exuding authority as opposed to openly creating worry and panic by saying we are going to have to build our own, when other countries are calmly getting on and buying thousands.

clint van damme

Cheers, Yeah will do. Just found out my mates brother had it. Actually got tested. He was better after 3 days.

Dodgy bit is he runs 3 restaurants in Essex and came into contact with thousands of people.

That's good news. Is there an isolation period even after you start to feel better?

Users who are viewing this thread