Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (23 Viewers)

Grendel

Oh and of course if it was in Brixton and 100 people methinks the police would be less keen to get involved

Saddlebrains

She isnt, im classed as one as delivery driver fir a supermarket, so did put key worker down, ended up saying there were none. Fuck knows whats going on but it really isn't good enough. On the verge of a second wave and we can't test people. Boris and Co have fucked it. I despair for these next few months i really do

Ian1779

Either of you key workers? Don’t know if it helped but we got no tests when just my daughter. When my daughter and my ex (a teacher) we got one the next day in Cov.
2 of my teachers have got symptoms over the last 24 hours and can’t get a test anywhere - based in Northampton. The school has been given 10 home tests kits but you have to book a courier and can’t do test until the day they collect it...

Saddlebrains

Mrs has started with a fucking dry cough now 🙄.

Spoke to work who say to stay off but got more chance of platting piss than getting a test.

Going down as 'Covid shielding' so will apparently get paid but i wonder how long for if i can't show them either a positive or negative test result from her?

Im pretty fucking angry to be frank. A basic need in a fucking pandemic is to ascertain wether or not it is the virus in question with a basic fucking test 😡

chiefdave

There must be something we're not being told about the testing. According to the government website we're still doing the same number of tests everyday and even if demand had gone up it should still be possible for people to get a test.

Saddlebrains

There must be something we're not being told about the testing. According to the government website we're still doing the same number of tests everyday and even if demand had gone up it should still be possible for people to get a test.

Without question. One browse of twitter shows there are thousands of people in the same boat unable to get a test. They've fucked up massively.

Apologies for the large amount of F'ing this evening but its really boiled my piss

This is this evenings attempt

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200913-212352_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200913-212352_Chrome.jpg
    426.9 KB · Views: 21

fernandopartridge

Mrs has started with a fucking dry cough now .

Spoke to work who say to stay off but got more chance of platting piss than getting a test.

Going down as 'Covid shielding' so will apparently get paid but i wonder how long for if i can't show them either a positive or negative test result from her?

Im pretty fucking angry to be frank. A basic need in a fucking pandemic is to ascertain wether or not it is the virus in question with a basic fucking test
Hope you and the missus are OK.

Sky Blue Pete

Looking at the start of this thread pretty pleased with how I read the unfolding situation. Some people need to open their eyes better

Saddlebrains

This is where it'll fall down - everybody being off for illnesses that may or may not be coronovirus

This is the thing thats annoying me. Considering shes developed the dry continuous cough now im coming down on the side of it being rona more than i was 48 hours ago.

shmmeee

As i understand it temperature, difficulty breathing, new continuous cough and lack of smell are covid. Runny nose is a cold

Im not sure. I’ve heard people with no temp and a positive result. Mine had no runny nose, reported loss of smell, temp and cough and no COVID 🤷🏻‍♂️

Saddlebrains

I think everyones different symptom wise. And i know that may sound strange but my friend at UHCW had the antibody test and was positive. I asked when was he ill and he responded 'i was a bit hot one day in April'

Yet shmeees daughter had all the hallmarks and was negative. A really weird virus. Part of the reason I've always believed it was man made. Doesnt seem the same as anything else ever

Grendel

I think everyones different symptom wise. And i know that may sound strange but my friend at UHCW had the antibody test and was positive. I asked when was he ill and he responded 'i was a bit hot one day in April'

Yet shmeees daughter had all the hallmarks and was negative. A really weird virus. Part of the reason I've always believed it was man made. Doesnt seem the same as anything else ever

The whistleblowers dossier is out tomorrow isn’t it?

Sky Blue Pete

Im not sure. I’ve heard people with no temp and a positive result. Mine had no runny nose, reported loss of smell, temp and cough and no COVID 🤷🏻‍♂️
Oh I know there’s loads of symptoms it could be. Just those are the main ones when I personally would be self isolating and getting a test. I don’t think it’s sensible for me to get a test for my current runny nose for instance

NorthernWisdom

How are there any positive tests if no one can get one done?
I suppose the worrying / positive thing is how many cases there could actually be.

Forget our opinions though, this balls up means we're limiting our understanding of it, and what we need to fight, and whether we need to, anyway. We're still clueless as to figures, and that's disgraceful six months down the line.

fernandopartridge

Anybody else with young children been offered a flu jab this year? I took my lad for one this morning. He's never been offered one before. Got me thinking about the change in the law and the proposed exemption for needing a license for a flu vaccine. Perhaps it's for inventory as much as anything else.

Saddlebrains

Just been up to the ricoh as still cannot get a test.

Cannot just turn up (as i thought) but got told can only book online. When i explained look i need a test result for the purposes of work paying me/thinking I'm taking the piss it was 'well if you cant get a test online then there's nothing we can do'

I know they're doing their job but its empty. Standing round doing absolutely shit all

Brighton Sky Blue

Just been up to the ricoh as still cannot get a test.

Cannot just turn up (as i thought) but got told can only book online. When i explained look i need a test result for the purposes of work paying me/thinking I'm taking the piss it was 'well if you cant get a test online then there's nothing we can do'

I know they're doing their job but its empty. Standing round doing absolutely shit all

I’m coughing intermittently with sneezes and a headache but what you’re saying worries me because I can’t afford a few weeks off thanks to a cold

Saddlebrains

I’m coughing intermittently with sneezes and a headache but what you’re saying worries me because I can’t afford a few weeks off thanks to a cold

I understand why you're worried, same here, which is why its such a travesty we cant get a test.

How many people are going to be the same as us and cant afford time off so will go into work thinking 'just a cold' and unwittingly spread the virus

All because tests are impossible to get

Users who are viewing this thread