Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (41 Viewers)

David O'Day

They are kind of kidding themselves if they think it won't happen in September. Either accept that children and staff will become infected, or don't pretend that a spike isn't coming.

They also say schools aren't vectors of transmission but then close them.

Why close places where school distancing is in place but they don't appear to have stop people meeting in parks etc which is where the current transmissions is likely to have happened.

It's like Matt Hancock doesn't have a clue.

Brighton Sky Blue

Why close places where school distancing is in place but they don't appear to have stop people meeting in parks etc which is where the current transmissions is likely to have happened.

It's the result of making a PPE graduate the Health Secretary.

hill83

It s a bit of a joke if what is being reported in correct. Closing shops and not opening bars but doing nothing to stop locals travelling. Again look at other countries, when they had local lockdowns the travel network was locked down as well.

Let's be honest though, as a whole the people in this country haven't got it in us to follow a lockdown of an entire area. Not a chance.

Ian1779

In schools with 1500+ pupils plus staff it looks interesting, but they are draft proposals I guess.
Especially when schools of that size are in buildings designed for several hundred less.

I know it’s only draft but you can bet your bottom dollar they did not consult with school leaders or unions. So inevitable resistance is coming.

Ian1779

Indoor, overcrowded buildings that are poorly ventilated (lack of openable windows from a safety perspective) with a cohort of human beings that think they’re immortal - even if the kids are trying their best to adhere to distancing.

Bugs, colds and flu go round normally in a school - why do they think that this won’t happen with Cov-ID?

David O'Day

Indoor, overcrowded buildings that are poorly ventilated (lack of openable windows from a safety perspective) with a cohort of human beings that think they’re immortal - even if the kids are trying their best to adhere to distancing.

Bugs, colds and flu go round normally in a school - why do they think that this won’t happen with Cov-ID?

They are casing children are particularly effected after telling the uk this couldn't happen

Brighton Sky Blue

Especially when schools of that size are in buildings designed for several hundred less.

I know it’s only draft but you can bet your bottom dollar they did not consult with school leaders or unions. So inevitable resistance is coming.

I still haven't heard why the teaching unions want to keep us out of school.

Ian1779

I still haven't heard why the teaching unions want to keep us out of school.
I don’t think they WANT to keep us out but they have a duty to the safety of their members, and their families. I suppose there may also be some people that are worried about litigation if they were to transmit the disease and someone dies.

David O'Day

I was listening to a radio phone-in earlier today where they were saying they were all booking train tickets to Nottingham on Saturday for an "indepence day" pub crawl/virus spread. Fukin inbreds.

They'll hit up all those hillbilly towns between cov and leicester as well

build a fucking wall

David O'Day

I live in rugby so send a massive thanks to Mr beeching for dismantling that certain railway line.

The stupid things is they are not forcing people to stay in Leicester so wit people being allowed to drive anywhere as long as they don't stay overnight Leicester folk could go basically anywhere this weekend

Brighton Sky Blue

I don’t think they WANT to keep us out but they have a duty to the safety of their members, and their families. I suppose there may also be some people that are worried about litigation if they were to transmit the disease and someone dies.

I meant that question from those who seem to think the unions are trying to keep us out for longer than needed. I know that Williamson was told off for not 'breaking the unions' which is probably why he came up with the penalty fines being restored in September.

Ian1779

I meant that question from those who seem to think the unions are trying to keep us out for longer than needed. I know that Williamson was told off for not 'breaking the unions' which is probably why he came up with the penalty fines being restored in September.
Sorry I misunderstood. Williamson told off for not breaking the unions, Long-Bailey criticised for being too close to them before her sacking - you wouldn’t think these people actually did an excellent job in raining in the government adequately over this partial return. They have acted more efficiently and purposefully than any aspect of government in this entire affair.

Brighton Sky Blue

Sorry I misunderstood. Williamson told off for not breaking the unions, Long-Bailey criticised for being too close to them before her sacking - you wouldn’t think these people actually did an excellent job in raining in the government adequately over this partial return. They have acted more efficiently and purposefully than any aspect of government in this entire affair.

I only got a few messages off Coventry NEU in the last 3-4 months, nothing out of the ordinary. The truth is if we'd got on top of class sizes and facilities in the last decade, we could well have taken Denmark's approach to reopening the schools.

Ian1779

I only got a few messages off Coventry NEU in the last 3-4 months, nothing out of the ordinary. The truth is if we'd got on top of class sizes and facilities in the last decade, we could well have taken Denmark's approach to reopening the schools.

I bet it’s been intentionally leaked to see how shit people think it is.

skyblueusername

The stupid things is they are not forcing people to stay in Leicester so wit people being allowed to drive anywhere as long as they don't stay overnight Leicester folk could go basically anywhere this weekend
I work at magna park, lutterworth, an LE postcode and the majority of staff are from Leicester, I spoke with quite a few people about this today and they were ALL blaming Leicester's asians for this spike, some festival at Ramadan, families flying over for lockdown etc.
I then spoke with a manager who had contacted Leicester council today enquiring whether a local lockdown was planned, he was told it was only a certain couple of postcodes that were being looked at and most were mainly white populated council estates where there had been problems with lockdown house parties.

Users who are viewing this thread