Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (43 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Have a friend in the medical profession who had a patient with cancerous growths on her tongue. Explained to her husband that the treatment would be straightforward to get it out, but he refused it because he wanted Vitamin C as he’d read on Facebook that it was the cure. The cancer then went malignant and she passed away.

This stuff kills and the people spreading it need proper holding to account.

That's manslaughter territory.

fernandopartridge

Have a friend in the medical profession who had a patient with cancerous growths on her tongue. Explained to her husband that the treatment would be straightforward to get it out, but he refused it because he wanted Vitamin C as he’d read on Facebook that it was the cure. The cancer then went malignant and she passed away.

This stuff kills and the people spreading it need proper holding to account.

How did he refuse it? Had she given him power of attorney or something?

Sky Blue Pete

Other countries have locked down with infection numbers at our death figures. I just wish our government would be honest about the plan

skybluetony176

814 infections
25 deaths

Last Monday
958 infections
15 deaths
Scotland contributed zero deaths and Northern Ireland 1 I believe, not sure about Wales but it all points to Boris getting it wrong. The devolved governments were right to ignore “the science” according to Boris and follow the science.

skybluetony176

This drug seems to have been developed with $70m of taxpayers money.

Probably won’t cost that much in the U.K. The US is historically the world’s worst country at buying drugs because the US government is the biggest buyer in the US but they don’t negotiate the price.

Saddlebrains

Tbh the government haven't got the minerals to lockdown Leicester. And if so it will be the feeble do as you like 'lockdown' we've had for ages

Nick

Administrator
My lad has a great day at school today. He's been buzzing about it all evening.
Really well organised. Not sure how they'll do it at full capacity in September though.
Hopefully they will sort it.

Glad he enjoyed it, won't be helping kids stuck in :(

Saddlebrains

Really well organised. Not sure how they'll do it at full capacity in September though.

Told you, best thing for them i feel. My daughters been so much better since returning. Glad your lad enjoyed it

skybluetony176

Keir Starmer was making the point that libraries are closed so they could be utilised, we made three hospitals from scratch in weeks so why can’t we make temporary classrooms for schools by September.

Last edited:

Ian1779

Keir Starmer was making the point that libraries are closed so they could be utilised, we made three hospitals from scratch in weeks so why can’t we make temporary classrooms for schools by a September.

Personally I worry about any indoor setting where we will be expected to be at normal capacity.

Users who are viewing this thread