Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (29 Viewers)

Grendel

Completely agree with this. Seeing plenty of people who have not said a word when there was street parties, crowds clapping the NHS or people filling up parks & beaches but we're supposed to believe they're suddenly deeply concerned about crowds when its an anti-racism protest.

Your wumming is off the scale these days Dave

fernandopartridge

It's been happening for months. Funny how when paramedics and live break the rules because it's for NHS it was largely ignored?

As I said, people need to take responsibility for their own actions.

It's all well and good saying love the NHS for months but it won't be showing a lot of love with the increase of cases that will come from the massive gatherings.

Either Corona is massively infectious and going out will kill our grannies or it won't.
Oh christ shut the fuck up about the Westminster Bridge thing you're like a broken record, in the grand of scheme of things it was nothing to speak of

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Oh christ shut the fuck up about the Westminster Bridge thing you're like a broken record, in the grand of scheme of things it was nothing to speak of

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
Yeah those hundreds of people mingling with on duty paramedics and ambulances was nothing.

The immunity when clapping must have kept them safe, let's hope the same thing applies for the people who have since chosen to crowd together.

What is the grand scheme of things? Is there a highly infectious virus going about or not?

clint van damme

As I said, compare it to the disdain he was showing about people going for a pint.

The hypocritical c**t even went for a game of golf the other day.

So it's gone from people weren't bothered about it to they showed a different level of disdain?

Morgan being a hypocrite isn't something I'll argue about. He was one long before this pandemic started.

Nick

Administrator
So now he's not complaining in the right way for you. FFS.

He's allowed to go for a game of golf.
So "that's stupid" isnt really bothered when going on about somebody going for a beer putting lives at risk, is it?

You would have thought somebody so bothered about Corona wouldn't have wanted to be so close to other people during a pandemic.

His entire existence is to try and stir particular things up, even him trying to make the Maddy mccann stuff about skin Colour was desperate.

ajsccfc

Not to stand up for Piers Morgan but golf has got to be one of the few social things you can very easily do safely, providing you're not licking each others wood for luck #sidjames

clint van damme

So "that's stupid" isnt really bothered when going on about somebody going for a beer putting lives at risk, is it?

You would have thought somebody so bothered about Corona wouldn't have wanted to be so close to other people during a pandemic.

His entire existence is to try and stir particular things up, even him trying to make the Maddy mccann stuff about skin Colour was desperate.

The government has made a complete pigs ear of this.
From PPE to testing to track and trace to mixed messages but you're more bothered about piers fucking Morgan!

Nick

Administrator
Not to stand up for Piers Morgan but golf has got to be one of the few social things you can very easily do safely, providing you're not licking each others wood for luck #sidjames
I didn't think large gatherings like that were allowed and there was a limit on people?

Nick

Administrator
The government has made a complete pigs ear of this.
From PPE to testing to track and trace to mixed messages but you're more bothered about piers fucking Morgan!
Nah I love the NHS and do so by crowding in with thousands of people.

It's the hypocrisy that gets me, government or not. In the real world People are losing their businesses, can't see their families, losing income but it all gets ignored as long as there's a "cause" and "morals".

clint van damme

Nah I love the NHS and do so by crowding in with thousands of people.

It's the hypocrisy that gets me, government or not.

But you don't mention the government who have over seen this shit show.
They opened the beaches and said people could go there while local authorities weren't opening amenities.
They were lifting level 1 lockdown measures when they said we were transitioning from 3 to 4but then told us we were still on 4.

It's a mess and it's not the public's faiullt. That's not to say they haven't contributed.

But blaming them or piers Morgan is trying to deflect on the government's behalf.

Nick

Administrator
But you don't mention the government who have over seen this shit show.
They opened the beaches and said people could go there while local authorities weren't opening amenities.
They were lifting level 1 lockdown measures when they said we were transitioning from 3 to 4but then told us we were still on 4.

It's a mess and it's not the public's faiullt. That's not to say they haven't contributed.

But blaming them or piers Morgan is trying to deflect on the government's behalf.

I'm not trying to deflect anything, I'm not political in any shape or form.

I have said how Cummings should have been sacked, even if it's just for the eye test nonsense. I have no time for any mp, regardless of their party.

I'm not following graphs or r numbers every day at 5, I don't follow Brexit in the same way because of all the politics nonsense. I couldn't tell you what stage or number of lockdown we are in.

People should be able to use their own common sense surely? Saying stuff like if thousands gather then it's not their fault of it spreads, it's the government's like lineker and Morgan is nonsense.

Just because Cummings is a prick or the one who had his mistress over for a shag is a hypocrite, it doesn't make the hundreds of thousands across the country suddenly become immune.

No doubt it will be the government's fault if they do get it though? Not because they were stood in massive crowds.

NorthernWisdom

clint van damme

I'm not trying to deflect anything, I'm not political in any shape or form.

I have said how Cummings should have been sacked, even if it's just for the eye test nonsense. I have no time for any mp, regardless of their party.

I'm not following graphs or r numbers every day at 5, I don't follow Brexit in the same way because of all the politics nonsense. I couldn't tell you what stage or number of lockdown we are in.

People should be able to use their own common sense surely? Saying stuff like if thousands gather then it's not their fault of it spreads, it's the government's like lineker and Morgan is nonsense.

Just because Cummings is a prick or the one who had his mistress over for a shag is a hypocrite, it doesn't make the hundreds of thousands across the country suddenly become immune.

No doubt it will be the government's fault if they do get it though? Not because they were stood in massive crowds.

Would these protests have happened if we hadn't been seeing increasingly large gatherings on beaches and in parks over the last few weeks? I can't say for definte they wouldn't have but I think its been a gradual progression and the reason for those increased gatherings is the lack of clear messaging from the government.

As other countries have demonstrated you can have the protests and still follow the rules so yes, people need to take personal responsibility but poor leadership has put us where we are in.my opinion.

Nick

Administrator
Would these protests have happened if we hadn't been seeing increasingly large gatherings on beaches and in parks over the last few weeks? I can't say for definte they wouldn't have but I think its been a gradual progression and the reason for those increased gatherings is the lack of clear messaging from the government.

As other countries have demonstrated you can have the protests and still follow the rules so yes, people need to take personal responsibility but poor leadership has put us where we are in.my opinion.

They are happening around the world so I doubt it's really paying much attention to our current lockdown level or what Cummings did.

It's naive to think they wouldn't be happening if Cummings hadn't done what he did or if the government had got more ppe and handled everything better.

Grendel

Yes of course they would have happened anyway - otherwise you would belittle its intent - your attempt to blame the government for all breaches of protocol is tiring

clint van damme

They are happening around the world so I doubt it's really paying much attention to our current lockdown level or what Cummings did.

It's naive to think they wouldn't be happening if Cummings hadn't done what he did or if the government had got more ppe and handled everything better.

It's really not naive.
Simple clear messages resonate.
Get Brexit done being a prime example.

clint van damme

Yes of course they would have happened anyway - otherwise you would belittle its intent - your attempt to blame the government for all breaches of protocol is tiring

So is your attempts to defend them through all of this.
You're not stupid. You know they've made a complete arse of it.
They've still got Brexit to get us through.
Any sane person should be terrified at the thought

Nick

Administrator
It's really not naive.
And you think the majority of people gathering the last few days would have paid attention?

Like I said, when you step back and look at it without the politics without trying to sway something based on them it's pretty clear.

It's very naive to think there would have been protests elsewhere around the world but not here if Cummings hadn't gone for a drive, that other one hadn't got his end away and overall the government weren't out of touch hypocrites. Of course they would have.

Grendel

It's really not naive.

Do you think if Mr Cummings had thrown acid over himself then others would copy as its clearly safe to do so? Your view of the lack of intelligence of people is very bewildering

Ian1779

You think people waited for Cummings to be a c**t first?
No but once he was the government thought it was a better option to completely unravel the gains of lockdown rather than just sack the useless c**t.

Nick

Administrator

I'm more worried about the here and now. I'm not defending any of them, they are all out of touch corrupt cunts in my eyes.

Brighton Sky Blue

Having lost the ability to deny our worst death toll in Europe he's now moved on to finding excuses for it, which to be fair is what he said he'd do some time ago.

Nick

Administrator
No but once he was the government thought it was a better option to completely unravel the gains of lockdown rather than just sack the useless c**t.
So if he had been sacked nobody would have gathered and fucked lockdown off? Madness.

clint van damme

And you think the majority of people gathering the last few days would have paid attention?

Like I said, when you step back and look at it without the politics without trying to sway something based on them it's pretty clear.

It's very naive to think there would have been protests elsewhere around the world but not here if Cummings hadn't gone for a drive, that other one hadn't got his end away and overall the government weren't out of touch hypocrites. Of course they would have.

You can't look at this without the politics. It's a massive political issue.
And if the government had been clear and consistent throughout and people had ignored them then there'd be no debate, the members of the public ignoring them would be culpable.

And it's not about 5here being no protests it's about protests happening while obeying the guidelines. Ive given 3 examples of where this has happened. It's has been widely ignored in this country as we've all Seen

Nick

Administrator
Do you think if Mr Cummings had thrown acid over himself then others would copy as its clearly safe to do so? Your view of the lack of intelligence of people is very bewildering
Aside from his eyesight bullshit story, he drove to his second house with his family and visited a castle.

In terms of the Corona stuff, it's not really on the same scale of thousands of people gathering.

That's not defending him, that's pointing out the obvious.

clint van damme

What would anyone get out of throwing acid on themself?

Nick

Administrator
You can't look at this without the politics. It's a massive political issue.
And if the government had been clear and consistent throughout and people had ignored them then there'd be no debate, the members of the public ignoring them would be culpable.

And it's not about 5here being no protests it's about protests happening while obeying the guidelines. Ive given 3 examples of where this has happened. It's has been widely ignored in this country as we've all Seen
You can look at it without politics. I couldn't give a shit about any political party.

Now if I compare something a city player did with something another teams player did I'd be massively biased.

I can look at how people need to be responsible for their own actions rather than trying to blame the government for them.

Who's fault is it if people gathering suddenly get Corona? I guess it depends on what party you vote for. It couldn't just be that people are acting like pricks themselves.

So you think people are ignoring the guidelines because of the government? I bet Boris Johnson made people throw bikes at police horses too.

clint van damme

You can look at it without politics. I couldn't give a shit about any political party.

Now if I compare something a city player did with something another teams player did I'd be massively biased.

I can look at how people need to be responsible for their own actions rather than trying to blame the government for them.

You cannot look at it without politics. Politics is everywhere.
There are many high profile political issues in the mix of what has gone on in the last few months.

Nick

Administrator
You cannot look at it without politics. Politics is everywhere.
There are many high profile political issues in the mix of what has gone on in the last few months.
I can quite easily take a step back and not make it about politics and just make it about common sense.

Users who are viewing this thread