Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (8 Viewers)

hill83

Not defending anything. Just pointing out how if you work for the NHS it's fine.

giphy.gif

chiefdave

Was that daily briefing a repeat? "must keep our resolve", "working hard" to get PPE, "ramped up" production of PPE.

Also why is it now seemingly only journalists that don't ask awkward questions who get the allocated follow up question?

PVA

What a shambles.

They cannot open their mouths without dropping themselves in it.

Just a fucking clown show. All as incompetent as each other.

David O'Day

What a shambles.

Hang on they've just promised a vicar live on tv they would look at them and now they are pretending it never happened?

Ffs they really aren't helping themselves

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Putting political affiliations aside no one can be happy with this lot.
I've said it before but it's quite clear this government is a total rudderless ship and lacking leadership.
Johnson wanted the kudos of becoming PM and the dollar that goes with doing the speaking circuit after but he's got no inclination to do the hard work inbetween.

PVA

Hang on they've just promised a vicar live on tv they would look at them and now they are pretending it never happened?

Yup!

And as if by magic, Laura K extracts her head from the government's collective arse to quote a source that says Hancock didn't say something we all just saw him say. Grendel-esque.

Grendel

I've said it before but it's quite clear this government is a total rudderless ship and lacking leadership.
Johnson wanted the kudos of becoming PM and the dollar that goes with doing the speaking circuit after but he's got no inclination to do the hard work inbetween.

Your whole post shows your political affiliation

Grendel

Yup!

And as if by magic, Laura K extracts her head from the government's collective arse to quote a source that says Hancock didn't say something we all just saw him say. Grendel-esque.

You really are a bit mad aren’t you?

PVA

Yes I've said before he wanted to be the man that got Brexit done and take all the acclaim that would come with it.

Unfortunately we happen to have him in charge during a global pandemic.

He'll be hating every second of the moment he's waited his entire life for, and we have to deal with his sheer incompetence.

chiefdave

How on earth can you on the one hand say what Cummings did was fine while on the other saying fines will stand for others who did the same?

Yet again no figure available today for the number of people tested. Becoming a joke now.

David O'Day

Yup!

This is a government that has lost the plot.

David O'Day

A member of the cabinet has just lied on national TV. Again.

Presumably you still think they're doing a cracking job.
Grendal calling someone mad when he clearly needs help is a bit rich.

Grendel

A member of the cabinet has just lied on national TV. Again.

Presumably you still think they're doing a cracking job.

What did they lie about? Is Laura still in Boris and Dom’s anus?

hill83

What a shambles.

Right. Watched it 5 times and Hancock said they will make a commitment to look at his question after discussing it with his treasury colleagues before he can give a full answer.

I’m professor leftie but there’s nothing to see here. There’s enough to be mad about so choose your fights. Shit like this undermines legitimate concerns.

Last edited:

PVA

What did they lie about? Is Laura still in Boris and Dom’s anus?

Hancock says they will review fines. Government then says they won't.

And yes she seems split her time between the two. I'm guessing you think she's a biased lefty though.

Rusty Trombone

Hancock just said he'd get an answer to the question, nothing more than that. The answer will be no there won't be a review, he just didn't want to say it there and then.

Johnnythespider

Was that daily briefing a repeat? "must keep our resolve", "working hard" to get PPE, "ramped up" production of PPE.

Also why is it now seemingly only journalists that don't ask awkward questions who get the allocated follow up question?
They need to wise up and ask an innocuous question first and save the killer question for the follow up, something like
Isn't the weather lovely at the minute minister, do you think it makes queuing to get in the shops more bearable ?
To which the reply would be something like,
Well thanks for that important question and yes we in government are certainly pleased that we've been able to maintain this steady supply of sunshine, despite considerable competition from other countries as the world battles this pandemic, would you like to follow up on that.
Thankyou minister and yes my second question is, why do you and your cabinet colleagues continue to back up the completely flawed and quite clearly untrue pile of shit Cummings and Johnson are spouting ?

Grendel

Hancock says they will review fines. Government then says they won't.

And yes she seems split her time between the two. I'm guessing you think she's a biased lefty though.

No he said he’d get an answer - on the beers again?

chiefdave

Hancock just said he'd get an answer to the question, nothing more than that. The answer will be no there won't be a review, he just didn't want to say it there and then.
That is problematic in of itself isn't it? That answer equates to fines will stand for anyone who has done the same thing as Cummings. That being the case how can they then also claim Cummings has done nothing wrong.

Ring Of Steel

lol- “they just promised a vicar”- this whole thing has become so surreal

clint van damme

Your whole post shows your political affiliation

My political affiliations are known, but that's not the point.
The last few months they have got worse and worse, culminating in the car crash of the last few days. Look at tonights press conference with Hancock put on the spot by a vicar and hinting at on the hoof policy change which it now appears the government have no intention of looking in to..
This isn't about policy disagreements or ideology, this is incompetence.
If you're happy with them then that's up to you but I just can't see how anyone can be.

Sumo the Micky Quinn

It's July 1st, confirmed date. No 14 day quarantine for people from the UK and they are in talks with the UK to cancel the 14 day quarantine upon return to the UK. How many cases do you still have your way, we have 1 person left in hospital now, no new cases or deaths.

We have 1 active case, we had 45 in total, 0 deaths this for an island population about the size of Nuneaton and an island roughly the size of Warwickshire. My son, an ambulance driver, took 2 confirmed cases to hospital. We only had 3 in iICU at any one time. But most of the time my son was forced holiday about 1 month and a half in total, as there has been no pissed up tourists and very few car accidents for the ambulance crew to deal with. He was recently tested (along with all medical personal on the island) which came out negative for everyone. He had a pin prick test with immediate result and also the deep throat test sent to laboratories. Both taken at the same time.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

My political affiliations are known, but that's not the point.
The last few months they have got worse and worse, culminating in the car crash of the last few days. Look at tonights press conference with Hancock put on the spot by a vicar and hinting at on the hoof policy change which it now appears the government have no intention of looking in to..
This isn't about policy disagreements or ideology, this is incompetence.
If you're happy with them then that's up to you but I just can't see how anyone can be.

I would have to agree.

You would more likely get me voting tory than labour but I chose neither in the last election after not having faith in either party.

Now I feel even stronger about that.

I do think some people like to kick the dirt into the ground and it is a bit frustrating like when you come on this thread looking for interesting information and viewpoints and there is almost some jeering going on.

The government have handled this appallingly, no doubt about it.

Rusty Trombone

That is problematic in of itself isn't it? That answer equates to fines will stand for anyone who has done the same thing as Cummings. That being the case how can they then also claim Cummings has done nothing wrong.
I read earlier that the police were quoted as saying they would have been sent back home if they had been spotted and questioned over the trip North, so presumably a fine would have been considered at that point. Maybe they can still issue a fine, and if they can I think they should. Cummings can still hold the view that he was acting within the guidance and if he feels strongly about it he can appeal, but of course if he was sensible he would just pay it, and keep his belief that what he did was ok. It looks like the Gov't are prepared to ride this one out, I think it's time the press moved on now, unless they have some new evidence of lies or wrong doing.

pipkin73

We have 1 active case, we had 45 in total, 0 deaths this for an island population about the size of Nuneaton and an island roughly the size of Warwickshire. My son, an ambulance driver, took 2 confirmed cases to hospital. We only had 3 in iICU at any one time. But most of the time my son was forced holiday about 1 month and a half in total, as there has been no pissed up tourists and very few car accidents for the ambulance crew to deal with. He was recently tested (along with all medical personal on the island) which came out negative for everyone. He had a pin prick test with immediate result and also the deep throat test sent to laboratories. Both taken at the same time.
Wow, just such good figures :) How do the locals feel about tourists coming back. Over here we can't wait as we really need to get businesses running again and people are prepared to take the risk. Did ERTE payments go well or a complete mess like over here?

wingy

Except for all the MP’s t gf at campaigned for brexit, Papers that have been campaigning for brexit for decades and untold amounts of political commentators that argued for brexit turning on him. The only people making this about brexit are the cult brexiteers who put brexit above all else, including the deaths of 46k people through inept government that really shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone now given the tissue web of lies they’ve conducted to save Cummings. It’s truly shameful.
Sorry if posted but there was a bit of good news in the press conference, NHS to start using Ebola drug for corona after successful trials. Lets hope it gets results.
Pretty sure the early info coming out of India at the start of this suggested this to be likely.

Users who are viewing this thread