Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (75 Viewers)

Ring Of Steel

'We threw a protective ring around the car homes'
View attachment 15145

See if you can spot the word ‘Durham’ anywhere in here. It was all so above board and within the rules that they decided to avoid mentioning it at all and heavily imply they were in London.

Essentially Dominic Cummings is more important to the government than 60,000+ Citizens who died.

Dominic Cummings lifts the lid on isolation with wife and young son when he was ill with coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

Ring Of Steel

Still it will be good seeing Boris address this on the daily briefing

He surely couldn’t have known, or he would have undoubtedly pointed out the hypocrisy and danger when comparing his aide’s actions with his own strict guidelines, and taken action.

Meanwhile back on planet Earth, Johnson is aware of his puppet like status compared to Cummings and will do what he always does- disappear, ignore and if asked will huff & puff and look offended that someone has had the audacity to ask him something he doesn’t want to be asked.

djr8369

I've seen tweets from Gove and Sunak this morning protecting him saying that caring for your wife and child is not a crime. Sentimental defence does not stand up when he clearly broke the rules and put others in danger. Why could he not care for his family from his home like the rest of us? Fucking cunts the lot of them.

The fact they are trying to divert to the caring for the family narrative is an implicit admission of guilt of the actual points people are raising about breakdown various rules and guidelines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ring Of Steel

Worse than that. They are implying that anybody following the rules doesn’t care about their family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes true- would have been nice if they’d informed us all that lockdown doesn't count if you have a sick relative before thousands of people lost their dad, their mum, and had to let them die alone and not go near anyone at the funeral. But then this govt has proved they don’t see people as important... unless you’re “one of them”.

clint van damme

her story is unravelling on Twitter, she’s basically just repeated what Cummings told her without question, now as it becomes clear he’s lying it’s also clear she’s purely operating as his mouthpiece. Incredibly embarrassing, highly unprofessional... and ultimately due to the way the U.K. has gone nobody will care and life will carry on as before.

Even though it’s been proven he’s lying, Downing St have announced that travelling 250m to see your parents while positive with COVID19 “did not break any guidelines”. Country’s gone to shit.

with a child in the car and without doubt stops along the way!
Lots of people on social media saying whats the point of lock down. Maybe FP was right, just a ploy to get everyone to chuck lockdown in and then the government can blame the public for whatever follows.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Track and trace and the app is going to be in place and ready for June 1st boris has said....whats your way then staying in lockdown all year?

Surely this is reason enough to heavily suspect it won't be.

When are you going to judge by actions, not words?

Sky Blue Pete

yes true- would have been nice if they’d informed us all that lockdown doesn't count if you have a sick relative before thousands of people lost their dad, their mum, and had to let them die alone and not go near anyone at the funeral. But then this govt has proved they don’t see people as important... unless you’re “one of them”.
Yep my mate couldn’t even hug his wife at his mums funeral.

Sick Boy

Even lifelong Conservative voters must be starting to question these incompetent lot, surely there must be better in the party than this lot??!

Ian1779

Even lifelong Conservative voters must be starting to question these incompetent lot, surely there must be better in the party than this lot??!
The party have abandoned a whole host of their voters when they left them to die in care homes as well.

fernandopartridge

Who looks after Cummings' kids when both parents are at work? Surely they must have some friends. Actually, I doubt it.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

clint van damme

He probably just leaves them at home and if they die they weren’t strong enough.

It sounds like his son was around him a lot when he was ill (and confined in a car with him on a 250 mile journey).

I know there seems to be a bit of consensus now that the virus doesn't affect children as much but in fairly sure that wasn't the opinion at the time.
Seems highly irresponsible.

Sky Blue Pete

It sounds like his son was around him a lot when he was ill (and confined in a car with him on a 250 mile journey).

I know there seems to be a bit of consensus now that the virus doesn't affect children as much but in fairly sure that wasn't the opinion at the time.
Seems highly irresponsible.
Selfish and irresponsible how old are the parents?

Brighton Sky Blue

her story is unravelling on Twitter, she’s basically just repeated what Cummings told her without question, now as it becomes clear he’s lying it’s also clear she’s purely operating as his mouthpiece. Incredibly embarrassing, highly unprofessional... and ultimately due to the way the U.K. has gone nobody will care and life will carry on as before.

Even though it’s been proven he’s lying, Downing St have announced that travelling 250m to see your parents while positive with COVID19 “did not break any guidelines”. Country’s gone to shit.

I’m sick of these pricks and we’re not even a year in

djr8369

Incredible how many people are willing to stand up and defend somebody who at the least is guilty of rank hypocrisy and under any reasonable interpretation has broken the law. People are increasingly accepting and defensive of their own sides transgressions and willing to believe opposing narratives to a point that threatens the values and morals of this country. If this trend continues I fear the consequences.

fernandopartridge

Incredible how many people are willing to stand up and defend somebody who at the least is guilty of rank hypocrisy and under any reasonable interpretation has broken the law. People are increasingly accepting and defensive of their own sides transgressions and willing to believe opposing narratives to a point that threatens the values and morals of this country. If this trend continues I fear the consequences.
Not far away from fascism

djr8369

Not far away from fascism

People have been making comparisons to facism for a long time and it has been met largely with ridicule. However, there is no doubt, in my mind, that we are seeing things happen that would be steps along the journey towards facism. That's not to say it will happen just that some conditions to facilitate have and are taking place.

clint van damme

People have been making comparisons to facism for a long time and it has been met largely with ridicule. However, there is no doubt, in my mind, that we are seeing things happen that would be steps along the journey towards facism. That's not to say it will happen just that some conditions to facilitate have and are taking place.

Johnson is a big fan of Orban and Hungary is for all intents now a facist state.

Sick Boy

The widespread usage of language like patriots, traitors etc is a worry

Johnnythespider

Wasn't there a yougov poll a while before the election asking if people would be happy to be led by an unelected leader, i found that very worrying.

Users who are viewing this thread