Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (38 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

so much for hydroxychloroquine. Study published in the Lancet today, looks like it does more harm that good.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31174-0/fulltext

here's the summary:

"The findings from Mehra and colleagues' study add to preliminary reports suggesting that regimens of chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine, alone or with azithromycin, are not useful and could be harmful in hospitalised patients with COVID-19."
Hopefully it ends that stupid c**t in the White House

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

wingy

That's true but you don't send kids back to school when the infection rate is nowhere near under control, and there are nothing in place to stop a second wave at all.

Have you been hearing of any more temporary hospitals being fitted out
I've heard there are two new ones .
One in Exeter and one in Sunderland.

Brighton Sky Blue

G's been over on the BBC articles

'Teachers always let the side down.

Never met a bigger bunch of left-wing, overgrown children. You all carry a massive chip on your shoulders as deep down you know that you should have actually left school and got a real job. Victim culture.

Time to stand up and do your bit.'

fernandopartridge

Have you been hearing of any more temporary hospitals being fitted out
I've heard there are two new ones .
One in Exeter and one in Sunderland.
No I've not, some colleagues are still doing some work on site at Manchester, I'll try to find out what's happening

clint van damme

I see Dominic Cummings broke the government lockdown procedures to travel from London to Durham back in April. I’m sure he’ll be as equally vilified as that government medical advisor from a few weeks back.

tory PR lady Laura Kuenssberg saying he did nothing wrong!

LastGarrison

My colleague lives in Bangkok and they are just opening back up bars there and they are putting screens between tables and randomly have to sit diagonally to each other. Although I reckon I could live with that for the time being just to have a pint outside my house with the lads.

Saw last night than an Offy in Longford is selling draft pints to take away and numerous pubs are now doing it as well. It is a fine balance but people are going to completely start disregarding the message soon. I was invited to a mates BBQ last night FFS!

fernandopartridge

The Cummings story leak isn't about stirring any anti Cummings feeling (unless that's part of an oust Johnson plan) but the uber cynic in me thinks its to soften public resolve on the lockdown.

clint van damme

The Cummings story leak isn't about stirring any anti Cummings feeling (unless that's part of an oust Johnson plan) but the uber cynic in me thinks its to soften public resolve on the lockdown.

There were journalists who knew about it in April but sat on it and now it comes out 6 or 7 weeks late so you may have a point.

Covstu

My colleague lives in Bangkok and they are just opening back up bars there and they are putting screens between tables and randomly have to sit diagonally to each other. Although I reckon I could live with that for the time being just to have a pint outside my house with the lads.

Saw last night than an Offy in Longford is selling draft pints to take away and numerous pubs are now doing it as well. It is a fine balance but people are going to completely start disregarding the message soon. I was invited to a mates BBQ last night FFS!
They did the take away draft for VE Day In Wolston, it just led to a shedload of people outside the pub all day!

Ring Of Steel

It was given a bumper majority for a decade of crap. Maybe this will get them 400+ seats

her story is unravelling on Twitter, she’s basically just repeated what Cummings told her without question, now as it becomes clear he’s lying it’s also clear she’s purely operating as his mouthpiece. Incredibly embarrassing, highly unprofessional... and ultimately due to the way the U.K. has gone nobody will care and life will carry on as before.

Even though it’s been proven he’s lying, Downing St have announced that travelling 250m to see your parents while positive with COVID19 “did not break any guidelines”. Country’s gone to shit.

fernandopartridge

I've seen tweets from Gove and Sunak this morning protecting him saying that caring for your wife and child is not a crime. Sentimental defence does not stand up when he clearly broke the rules and put others in danger. Why could he not care for his family from his home like the rest of us? Fucking cunts the lot of them.
My theory of last night gathers momentum, they're trying to soften lockdown resolve

Sick Boy

This government just continues to lie through its back teeth to the people. It is outrageously barefaced yet they get away with it and don't give a fuck.
The problem is that people either don’t care or seem to ignore it based on the referendum because ‘the sides’ still come back to the Brexit debate. It’s going to split the country for a hell of a long time yet and I don’t think there’s any idea or even the will to try and repair it.

Ring Of Steel

I've seen tweets from Gove and Sunak this morning protecting him saying that caring for your wife and child is not a crime. Sentimental defence does not stand up when he clearly broke the rules and put others in danger. Why could he not care for his family from his home like the rest of us? Fucking cunts the lot of them.

yes, and Raab as well. Literally pretending it was unavoidable and the rules didn’t count because he has kids.

The Spectator published “London Lockdown” diaries of Mary Wakefield (that’s Cummings’ wife), when they knew he was in Durham, as did others.

These people are laughing at you.

Ring Of Steel

The problem is that people either don’t care or seem to ignore it based on the referendum because ‘the sides’ still come back to the Brexit debate. It’s going to split the country for a hell of a long time yet and I don’t think there’s any idea or even the will to try and repair it.

yes this is true- even on here you just know the usual suspects are going to pretend it’s all above board and justify it, because Cummings is on “their side”.

Ring Of Steel

unfortunately we are at the point (we probably passed it a while ago) where there is zero accountability any more, rules and the law don’t matter- take into account the wider picture of coronavirus, enormous recession on the way, brexit being pushed even with the country at a standstill, the lack of ability of current govt- its without doubt the worst state the country has been in since WW2. Dangerous times, no doubt about it.

Sky Blue Pete

The worst thing is that he put elderly people in his family in danger. What a selfish bastard. Fuck breaking the law he didn’t give a shit about infecting his parents. Unbelievable

Users who are viewing this thread