Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (49 Viewers)

clint van damme

I think it’s highly likely that the Chinese government downplayed it, hell our own government downplayed it, the American government downplayed it, the Russian government downplayed it, the Brazilian government downplayed etc. Most of these governments continue to downplay it.
Did the Chinese cover it up? To some extent no doubt. But then again we selectively report deaths so we’re covering it up, we lie in parliament about it so we’re covering it up, we have stats that one week that are important and the next irrelevant so we’re covering it up.

Let him without sin cast the first stone.

Let's not forget there were clear warnings given to successive UK government's that this was going to happen going back to Blair's time as PM and the 2016 pandemic drill, (was it operation cygnet) informed us we weren't prepared and successive governments ignored those warnings

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Talk to scientists, and then give me a reply with some added scientific knowledge instead of this utter, utter bollocks.

What is utter bollocks?

You don't like what I'm saying so you try to make it sound as if I'm stupid. It's a pretty obvious trick.

China were 'at best' extremely slow in curtailing this from spreading to the rest of the world, at worst they did it deliberately to cause chaos. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

I honestly suggest you do some research into how viruses work, and some of the ones that have broken in modern history. Then come back and try to tell me everything was just a silly accident and no one had a clue.

Brighton Sky Blue

Watch the documentary on Netflix and then give me a reply with some added scientific knowledge.

With SARS and MERS, this really was a very very similar kind of outbreak. They have had enough practice drills and would have known exactly how dangerous it could have been.

They had very little intention of stopping this spreading outside of China initially, when the rest of the world was generally oblivious to what was going on.

I am a scientist. I think you're pushing a conspiracy that goes along with your views on Germany trying to take over the continent. It's odd as at other times you come across as quite reasonable and balanced and other times keep pushing these ideas without much thought about how our own actions look to the rest of the world. We are number one in the European death charts despite being an island and having had much more advance warning than some other countries who have coped better.

Nobody here has a vested interest in defending China.

SkyBlueDom26

What is utter bollocks?

You don't like what I'm saying so you try to make it sound as if I'm stupid. It's a pretty obvious trick.

China were 'at best' extremely slow in curtailing this from spreading to the rest of the world, at worst they did it deliberately to cause chaos. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

I honestly suggest you do some research into how viruses work, and some of the ones that have broken in modern history. Then come back and try to tell me everything was just a silly accident and no one had a clue.
China deffo covered it up, if people think different then they are idiots..... that being said I don’t think they thought that it would be this bad and by then it was too late

They deffo lied but people on this thread will defend them to the death

clint van damme

China deffo covered it up, if people think different then they are idiots..... that being said I don’t think they thought that it would be this bad but who knows....

Can you understand English?
People, including myself, have said we wouldn't be surprised if they covered it up but disagreed they released virus on purpose.
The irony.of you calling people idiots

Brighton Sky Blue

China deffo covered it up, if people think different then they are idiots..... that being said I don’t think they thought that it would be this bad and by then it was too late

Dude, nobody here is doing that. We're just saying that China didn't unleash a virus on its own people to infect the world. If that were its motive, why wouldn't it release the virus somewhere else?

shmmeee

People in this thread: “Yeah they probably covered it up”

Very Stable Genuises: “People in this thread will never admit they covered it up”

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I am a scientist. I think you're pushing a conspiracy that goes along with your views on Germany trying to take over the continent. It's odd as at other times you come across as quite reasonable and balanced and other times keep pushing these ideas without much thought about how our own actions look to the rest of the world. We are number one in the European death charts despite being an island and having had much more advance warning than some other countries who have coped better.

Nobody here has a vested interest in defending China.

I've maintained all along that we've handled it badly. We did a half arsed herd immunity and then a half arsed lockdown.

I don't think many people can say we've come out of this smelling of roses.

My issues surround more the shady behaviour of other countries which include China and Germany.

- China: As I said, I'm not saying it was a man made virus, but I don't believe their figures and I certainly don't believe they tried hard to stop it spreading to the rest of the world. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are some dodgy goings on. They could have contained it pretty much in their own country.

- Germany: The correlation of deaths to cases is completely off the charts compared to pretty much any other country on the entire planet. Yet they don't seem to have many questions asked.

- Sweden: Behaved worse than we did, but on a global stage get far less stick than we do.

The whole thing is bizarre and you would think there would be some common ground between countries and sharing of information etc. Instead there is all kinds of secrecy and double standards going on. We should have been well prepared for this, and in fact we were well aware of what could happen thanks to other previous virus outbreaks. Just no one reacted. Why?

stupot07

As suspected...
73516650856df1b1a04a0c1df0736124.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

I've maintained all along that we've handled it badly. We did a half arsed herd immunity and then a half arsed lockdown.

I don't think many people can say we've come out of this smelling of roses.

My issues surround more the shady behaviour of other countries which include China and Germany.

- China: As I said, I'm not saying it was a man made virus, but I don't believe their figures and I certainly don't believe they tried hard to stop it spreading to the rest of the world. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are some dodgy goings on. They could have contained it pretty much in their own country.

- Germany: The correlation of deaths to cases is completely off the charts compared to pretty much any other country on the entire planet. Yet they don't seem to have many questions asked.

- Sweden: Behaved worse than we did, but on a global stage get far less stick than we do.

The whole thing is bizarre and you would think there would be some common ground between countries and sharing of information etc. Instead there is all kinds of secrecy and double standards going on. We should have been well prepared for this, and in fact we were well aware of what could happen thanks to other previous virus outbreaks. Just no one reacted. Why?

The German figures are definitely an anomaly. They did have a lot more ICU beds,testing, PPE etc at the start. Did that really prevent so many deaths?

The WHO report released a few months ago praised the way China handled the pandemic and there are medical professionals in this country who have endorsed the report but I am very sceptical. There's plenty of anecdotal evidence from the people of Wuhan themselves that this wasn't the case.

Perhaps the reason more isn't made of Sweden's approach is it seems the Swedish public have generally been supportive of the government. I'm surprised because it sounds like they've fucked up to me.

David O'Day

That list of spoons rules.

Why does it say only use the app and then it says yes card at the bar?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

SkyBlueDom26

So above 3000 infections again and over 300 deaths. I wonder if we do a Brazil and take what’s coming
Today it's 351
Last few Fridays
384, 626, 739, 1005, 935, 1152.

140k tests done so it’s a slight increase on yesterday...... mate we’re always going to find cases if we test more people, this is hear to stay till we get a vaccine so we’ll have to live with it

Sky Blue Pete

Today it's 351
Last few Fridays

140k tests done so it’s a slight increase on yesterday...... mate we’re always going to find cases if we test more people, this is hear to stay till we get a vaccine so we’ll have to live with it
That’s good news although it looks to be slowing in coming down numerically

jimmyhillsfanclub

Back on the turps again?

You are fucking sick in the head making a joke about how long it would take to give each victim 30 seconds.

Enjoy your leisurely breakfast. Are the bins out the back of Aldi socially distanced.

Ha ha....you clearly didn't understand the joke.

Never mind.

No need to wet yourself about it princess.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Dude, nobody here is doing that. We're just saying that China didn't unleash a virus on its own people to infect the world. If that were its motive, why wouldn't it release the virus somewhere else?

Because they can use that very reasoning to cover themselves. Not like they're big on human rights. The welfare of their own people is unimportant to them other than keeping it high enough to prevent a revolution.

Think it's bollocks though.

David O'Day

Today it's 351
Last few Fridays

As we have already established we are not testing more people.

Once again there were only 80k people tested.

Why do you keep repeating this lie? You know it's not true

The deaths trend is flattening as well

Users who are viewing this thread