Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (40 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

By that I mean show us some concrete evidence that this is man made and we’ll look into it lol. 100% correct indeed

Nobody has a vested interest in protecting the Chinese government here. I think they have probably cooked the books on their own numbers and date of their case zero but the origin is most likely that of poor local hygiene practices

shmmeee

To take over the world can’t you see

They’re gonna take over the world by destroying their own economy and losing huge amounts on international trust?

giphy.gif

Edit: just realised this is basically the Brexiter strategy. This theory makes a lot more sense now.

Last edited:

wingy

The equivalent Chinese conspiracy theories that it’s the Americans that planted it actually makes more sense. (To be clear both are bollocks, this is an event we’ve been predicting for years).
Agreed !
Post pandemic may feel like there has been some sort of conflict mind.
Who will deliver the Marshall plan ?

jimmyhillsfanclub

No the concept of giving each person a 30 second tribute would take 88 hours.

Off you fuck skippy

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Ha ha...bless. Nice leisurely hungover morning for me today......poached eggs for breakkie.....they take 4 minutes....4 fucking minutes:penguin:

David O'Day

Ha ha...bless. Nice leisurely hungover morning for me today......poached eggs for breakkie.....they take 4 minutes....4 fucking minutes:penguin:
Back on the turps again?

You are fucking sick in the head making a joke about how long it would take to give each victim 30 seconds.

Enjoy your leisurely breakfast. Are the bins out the back of Aldi socially distanced.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

The Chinese have a conspiracy theory it came from Fort Detrick.
I don't believe it but it's probably just as feasible as any of the other conspiracy theories.

shmmeee

Agreed !
Post pandemic may feel like there has been some sort of conflict mind.
Who will deliver the Marshall plan ?

My worry is there won’t be one. I woke up to George Osborne of all people being asked what we should do on R4!

Why are we asking a journalist with a degree in History and not an actual economist? Madness.

Of course his hair brained scheme is to cut spending. Because that worked so well last time when he nearly put us in double dip recession, had to u-turn, then gave us the slowest recovery in history.

I only hope the Brexit loonies realise how they can’t do austerity right after Brexit or people will wonder where the land of milk and honey they were promised went.

My kingdom for a competent government with an understanding of macroeconomics.

Brighton Sky Blue

My worry is there won’t be one. I woke up to George Osborne of all people being asked what we should do on R4!

Why are we asking a journalist with a degree in History and not an actual economist? Madness.

Of course his hair brained scheme is to cut spending. Because that worked so well last time when he nearly put us in double dip recession, had to u-turn, then gave us the slowest recovery in history.

I only hope the Brexit loonies realise how they can’t do austerity right after Brexit or people will wonder where the land of milk and honey they were promised went.

My kingdom for a competent government with an understanding of macroeconomics.

God damn we have got to win in 2024 or earlier if Boris gets thrown on the pyre for this.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I can see a lot of the people making snide comments about China being innocent are the same ones that only want to talk about the tories.

I recommend everyone to watch the Coronavirus documentary on Netflix for a basic science lesson. It's only about 20 minutes long.

I for one am not suggesting this was man made as such, but the reaction of China when they found out about it was criminal. I'm gobsmacked that they unleashed their citizens on the rest of the world when they knew how serious it could be. The lack of reaction can only be deliberate in my eyes.

What was the motivation? Who knows. Just look at the bank of China bailing out a distressed Norwegian Airlines and maybe there is some clue.

Also the fact so many countries were so slow to close their borders is still baffling me. Then again, when there has been accusations from the Chinese government that it would be racist to do so, I would think that whole notion had some part to play.

This thing is really strange, also it is of very little risk to younger people. The continuation of society getting back to normal should be done with that in mind, but clearly has not been.

clint van damme

I can see a lot of the people making snide comments about China being innocent are the same ones that only want to talk about the tories.

I recommend everyone to watch the Coronavirus documentary on Netflix for a basic science lesson. It's only about 20 minutes long.

I for one am not suggesting this was man made as such, but the reaction of China when they found out about it was criminal. I'm gobsmacked that they unleashed their citizens on the rest of the world when they knew how serious it could be. The lack of reaction can only be deliberate in my eyes.

What was the motivation? Who knows. Just look at the bank of China bailing out a distressed Norwegian Airlines and maybe there is some clue.

Also the fact so many countries were so slow to close their borders is still baffling me. Then again, when there has been accusations from the Chinese government that it would be racist to do so, I would think that whole notion had some part to play.

This thing is really strange, also it is of very little risk to younger people. The continuation of society getting back to normal should be done with that in mind, but clearly has not been.

Accusing the Chinese of not reacting to the virus correctly or not warning the rest of the world quickly enough is a totally different type of accusation to they did it deliberately.
I would not be surprised if that turned out to be the case that their reaction was poor.

wingy

Yes the generational side of this is curious.

NorthernWisdom

Accusing the Chinese of not reacting to the virus correctly or not warning the rest of the world quickly enough is a totally different type of accusation to they did it deliberately.
I would not be surprised if that turned out to be the case that their reaction was poor.
It's bonkers, full stop. May as well say (which some have!) that our reaction as a country was a deliberate willed attempt to cull old people.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It's bonkers, full stop. May as well say (which some have!) that our reaction as a country was a deliberate willed attempt to cull old people.

Watch the documentary on Netflix and then give me a reply with some added scientific knowledge.

With SARS and MERS, this really was a very very similar kind of outbreak. They have had enough practice drills and would have known exactly how dangerous it could have been.

They had very little intention of stopping this spreading outside of China initially, when the rest of the world was generally oblivious to what was going on.

shmmeee

Occam’s Razor would surely suggest that the Chinese, being as they are oppressive and overly worried about bad PR were slow to let the world know the full scale of the threat and have been suppressing their numbers.

They’re a country that has built its economic success on selling crap to western consumers. The idea they want to cripple consumer spending in western nations makes no sense at all.

And yes, people who don’t believe in conspiracy theories also don’t rate the Tories. I wonder why.

skybluetony176

I think it’s highly likely that the Chinese government downplayed it, hell our own government downplayed it, the American government downplayed it, the Russian government downplayed it, the Brazilian government downplayed etc. Most of these governments continue to downplay it.
Did the Chinese cover it up? To some extent no doubt. But then again we selectively report deaths so we’re covering it up, we lie in parliament about it so we’re covering it up, we have stats that one week that are important and the next irrelevant when they stop painting the “right” picture so we’re covering it up.

Let him without sin cast the first stone.

Users who are viewing this thread