Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (32 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I see Sturgeon has stuck two fingers up to Johnson with the big "stay at home" on the front of her podium. Couldn't be clearer that they're effectively saying "fuck what the governments say - we're doing our own thing"

David O'Day

Before the internet was readily available.

Do you think grenners used to write into the Telegrah letters page?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

David O'Day

If I remember rightly there used to be an MT Hancock that used to write in regularly complaining about something that was usually a load of tosh.
I bet he was the kind of bloke who wrote in every time the council looked at doing things like removing the bridge near the canal basin

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

So after weeks of being told to wash your hands about 50 times a day Johnson is now saying it can be in the water supply?
I read something on this weeks ago. I suspect it’s another Boris waffle fuck up to fill what otherwise would have been dead air because his head is empty.
There was studies done after SARS on SARS and other zoonotic diseases living in water and yes it can and in some cases for weeks it has to be in a high enough concentration to be contagious through water. So it’s unlikely unless you’re drinking from a stagnant pool full of dead bats infested with Covid 19. The water we drink is treated in huge quantities so the chances of Covid 19 being present in a high enough concentration to poison people is basically nil.
Not sure why Boris even mentioned it. Just more waffling nonsense.

chiefdave

Chris Whitty said today "Majority of people will not get this virus at all. Of those who do, some of them will get the virus without even knowing, with no symptoms. Of those who get symptoms, 80% will get a mild disease, but not bad enough to go to the doctor. An unfortunate minority will go hospital but the majority will shortly leave. It's only a minority who go to ICU and some sadly die."

I don't get the "majority of people will not get this virus part". We've been told the reason for lockdown was that Covid-19 is highly infectious, far worse than anything we normally experience. That being the case what is it about the majority of the population that stops them getting it?

Blind-Faith

Boris mentioned about how the 4 nations are basically pulling in the same direction , apart from the fact the other 3 are still saying stay at home! The other being get your arse back to work if you can stay two metres apart! He’s a floppy haired toss pot. Much rather Sir Patrick Vallance be in charge

Brighton Sky Blue

Chris Whitty said today "Majority of people will not get this virus at all. Of those who do, some of them will get the virus without even knowing, with no symptoms. Of those who get symptoms, 80% will get a mild disease, but not bad enough to go to the doctor. An unfortunate minority will go hospital but the majority will shortly leave. It's only a minority who go to ICU and some sadly die."

I don't get the "majority of people will not get this virus part". We've been told the reason for lockdown was that Covid-19 is highly infectious, far worse than anything we normally experience. That being the case what is it about the majority of the population that stops them getting it?

Perhaps he means that most won't get it because the virus will have subsided in enough time. Either way I don't like seeing us take such a statistical approach to what is acceptable and what isn't

chiefdave

Perhaps he means that most won't get it because the virus will have subsided in enough time. Either way I don't like seeing us take such a statistical approach to what is acceptable and what isn't
There will be a tipping point where the death doll from keeping everyone in lockdown will overtake that of the virus itself. Problem is those will be deaths in the coming months and years and will therefore be reliant on projections. Does anyone trust that the government to work in the best interests of the poorest in society rather than those at the top?

Brighton Sky Blue

There will be a tipping point where the death doll from keeping everyone in lockdown will overtake that of the virus itself. Problem is those will be deaths in the coming months and years and will therefore be reliant on projections. Does anyone trust that the government to work in the best interests of the poorest in society rather than those at the top?

The polling regarding effects on mental health is pretty concerning (about 45% reporting worsening mood/anxiety/depression) particularly when you'd think that people if anything will understate if they're feeling worse. I know in my case and the missus' case we are both feeling overwhelmed with the workload being asked of us

Ian1779

The polling regarding effects on mental health is pretty concerning (about 45% reporting worsening mood/anxiety/depression) particularly when you'd think that people if anything will understate if they're feeling worse. I know in my case and the missus' case we are both feeling overwhelmed with the workload being asked of us

Can you go to your teaching union for support with the teaching stuff?

Hope you’re OK. I know we’re at home but I don’t think a lot of people appreciate what is being put on some teachers (plenty of unscrupulous employers are schools and MAT’s)

Ring Of Steel

I have a question...

I’m back into the office next Monday and I can get a test for me and the family as a result.

Question is- for anybody that’s been tested, does the test itself hurt? I’ve heard it’s not nice and I’ve heard it’s nothing, whats it really like?

Brighton Sky Blue

Hope you’re OK. I know we’re at home but I don’t think a lot of people appreciate what is being put on some teachers (plenty of unscrupulous employers are schools and MAT’s)

I've expressed as much both in surveys carried out by the school and to the (new) head of department but there isn't a great deal that can be done simply because my timetable is the heaviest among my colleagues and I am by far the least experienced. I was already burned out coming into the lockdown and now the requirements around making online lesson materials/marking/chasing/running a club are too much. Plus there are the types who want to show off their whizziness with remote learning which creates an added pressure.

With the missus in a very similar situation the Brighton household is a bit of a tense one. We're in front of a screen for the vast majority of the day which doesn't help.

The coventrian

Teaching union. What a load of foggot wankerss

Users who are viewing this thread