Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (42 Viewers)

clint van damme

Is this between Hancock and Boris. Hancock basically saying Boris has hung him out to dry in a heated exchange between the two.

I read a Harry Coles tweet which said there's a meeting today but it's academic because Johnson has already decided the course of action to take on the issues on the agenda. Got Cummings hand all over it if so.

chiefdave

That's basically - "we'd like you to stay locked down but really it's up to you. Sod it, go out and do what you like, if there's a second wave we'll just blame you".
People couldn't grasp 'stay home' as it was seemingly too complicated, no chance with this.

You don't have to be an expert in subliminal advertising to spot the change from red to green. Subtle as a sledgehammer.

PVA

Is this between Hancock and Boris. Hancock basically saying Boris has hung him out to dry in a heated exchange between the two.

It's been obvious throughout that Hancock was put out front and centre as the fall guy with Boris waiting in the wings to crawl out the woodwork once the numbers start dropping and he could give some good news. So transparent.

PVA

EXpwEBAXsAYhJge

David O'Day

It's been obvious throughout that Hancock was put out front and centre as the fall guy with Boris waiting in the wings to crawl out the woodwork once the numbers start dropping and he could give some good news. So transparent.
Numbers haven't really dropped though and he is having to do something as he sported it out at pmqs

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Which he basically has. But who's surprised. Plus I doubt Hancock hasn't chucked people under the bus over the years to advance his own ambitions.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Numbers haven't really dropped though and he is having to do something as he sported it out at pmqs

I think it'd got to the point where he couldn't leave off coming back any longer so it didn't look totally obvious when he made a miraculous recovery after several weeks when the figures really started dropping. So once there was a slight reduction phase Johnson back in. He is still letting others do them as well as him. If it'd been massively good news Johnson would've been on that podium every day.

djr8369

That's basically - "we'd like you to stay locked down but really it's up to you. Sod it, go out and do what you like, if there's a second wave we'll just blame you".

This is it. Too weak to make everybody do anything so politely ask those that will obey to limit their personal freedoms while the minority do as they please and leave enough wriggle room for deniability if it all goes wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

As I've seen written elsewhere if the govt want everyone back to work then parliament itself should be the first adopters to prove it's safe.

Said it numerous times before if the govt want to bring stuff in they should be made to be the first to adopt the rules instead of the usual which is exempting themselves from it. Basically if they don't have to do it we can tell them to fuck off.

wingy

As I've seen written elsewhere if the govt want everyone back to work then parliament itself should be the first adopters to prove it's safe.

Said it numerous times before if the govt want to bring stuff in they should be made to be the first to adopt the rules instead of the usual which is exempting themselves from it. Basically if they don't have to do it we can tell them to fuck off.
Absolutely.

clint van damme

Let's be honest, he's good for fuck all else.
And the way he spoke All in Khan leaves me with no sympathy for him at all.
You're spot on about Johnson's tactics

David O'Day

World leading statistician and his view on the governments daily briefing.

Before and tories poo poo this he is the fellow Boris quoted at PMQs on Wednesday when he thought he agreed with him.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Walsgrave

I see the new slogan is 'stay alert' rather than 'stay at home'. Looks like many including myself were stupid in thinking that the two events are not mutually exclusive!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The Germany love in is pissing me off.

Their cases are rising again and the world and his wife are jumping to their defence.

Obviously we have handled it 100 times worse but some places, Sweden included, can never seem to do anything wrong.

If it was Hungary that was behaving like them they would get blasted.

Grendel

Yet again distracting away from what’s actually important.

Like finding out how many additional deaths YOY are due to the virus? Italy seems to be struggling on that score doesn’t it?

hill83

I see the new slogan is 'stay alert' rather than 'stay at home'. Looks like many including myself were stupid in thinking that the two events are not mutually exclusive!

I stayed alert last night. Watched a bit of telly and had a couple of beers. My alert is due for a remortgage soon as well. And I was thinking about getting a loft conversion and an extension on my alert too.

PVA

Like finding out how many additional deaths YOY are due to the virus? Italy seems to be struggling on that score doesn’t it?

It is struggling, but it's doing better than the UK on that score.

Also nice work ignoring the Russian troops stuff from this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread