Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (30 Viewers)

David O'Day

Anyone know if they have been panic buying tin foil? Asking for some folk on here

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

nicksig

Sorry haven’t been able to follow the thread. Given that the virus may peak in 3 months what are the options for completing the season? 2 games a week will take 5 weeks and that would take us through the whole summer. How do people see this playing out?

Kieranp96

Sorry haven’t been able to follow the thread. Given that the virus may peak in 3 months what are the options for completing the season? 2 games a week will take 5 weeks and that would take us through the whole summer. How do people see this playing out?
That's a normal club with there own ground, imagine 2 games a week at St Andrews for 5 weeks the pitch wouldn't last 2 weeks.

ccfc92

I'm hoping, everyone stays where they are and promotion/relegation is based on current standings.

We are clearly the in form team, so even if they predict results, we should be top.

Ring Of Steel

Googled what? What words have I fawned over exactly, other than to repeat the general thrust of their position which has been widely reported. Did you watch the press conference yesterday? I get their position, but as I have said repeatedly on this thread, I have no idea if it is the right call, and neither do you.
The issue I have is with the conspiratorial nonsense and with the suggestion that Cummings is the master puppeteer in all of this. I don't buy it for one second, but if you do, well fine, we'll leave it at that.
If you don’t agree that Cummings is the one making decisions then you’re beyond saving.

Kieranp96

Poor Italy just reported another 250 deaths and 2. 5k cases, there taking a right battering from this virus hopefully we get nowhere near that stage otherwise it will be riots on the streets and everything.

BornSlippySkyBlue

It’s not the government
Kind of is. Ok, they are wheeling out experts and following their advice, but we don’t know what parameters those experts have been asked to work under. And before I get shot down I’m not claiming they are deliberately killing people, just that every country has a balance to strike between the economy and public health (the two are not mutually exclusive tbf). Other countries appear from some perspectives to be swinging more towards the public health aspect of this situation than we do.

theferret

If you don’t agree that Cummings is the one making decisions then you’re beyond saving.

Fine. If you think his influence and grip is that strong that he is personally steering the national response to a global pandemic and is coaxing high-respected scientists and doctors to tell lies, then I'd suggest you're beyond saving too. We're both doomed. But, happy to draw a line under it.

Samo

I'm hoping, everyone stays where they are and promotion/relegation is based on current standings.

We are clearly the in form team, so even if they predict results, we should be top.

That would be perfect... would really piss of Sunderland again!

Tommo1993

If it’s too much for St Andrews to handle with rearranged Birmingham and Coventry fixtures, can’t we just have them away like we did when the Ricoh was delayed?

David O'Day

SeaSeeEffCee

Times and Independent both reporting that it’s unlikely the season will be finished. Independent saying it may take as long as September to get it started back up again.

David O'Day

Times and Independent both reporting that it’s unlikely the season will be finished. Independent saying it may take as long as September to get it started back up again.
So be it. It'll a legal battle total if they don't finish it

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

nicksig

If that’s the case then there’s going to be a huge amount of revenue lost for the top clubs. Can see some struggling to pay their wage bills

Otis

Chief sports reporter on 5 Live was saying he believes they won't just call the league as is and they won't just void it either.

He said that he believes they will finish this season at some point and that next season will be a reduced number of matches

He said he really cannot see anything other than that happening, because there will be all sorts of legal wrangles and claims of unfairness otherwise

If he's right, that's encouraging for us hopefully.

Brylowes

How much is it the media / social media escalating everything? People fucking fighting over toilet paper because of panic.
I’m not sure it is ‘after all it’s not the media implementing the stringent precautions being used.
International travel prohibited, Education systems shutting down, sporting calendars decimated, Global financial Markets crashing, Whole Country’s locking down ‘this isn’t all down to media hyperbole.
If anything ‘I’m beginning to think it’s potentially a hell of a lot worse than we are being told.

D

Deleted member 4439

I’m not sure it is ‘after all it’s not the media implementing the stringent precautions being used.
International travel prohibited, Education systems shutting down, sporting calendars decimated, Global financial Markets crashing, Whole Country’s locking down ‘this isn’t all down to media hyperbole.
If anything ‘I’m beginning to think it’s potentially a hell of a lot worse than we are being told.

Global markets are crashing due to volatility, Once that settles and the market finds a level it will be our best barometer of how we are doing, good or bad. Believe in nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread