Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (25 Viewers)

wingy

I think it’s a very bad idea to consider following Italy and Spain without the delay of a few weeks. In fact criminal springs to mind
I think if that goes ahead it's herd immunity
But It feels the last ten days has opened up without official advice.

shmmeee

On deaths we’re more like three weeks off Italy, seems very early to be opening up. I hope they know what they’re doing.

Ring Of Steel

6,000 new cases, 659 deaths and yet rumours of lockdown being stopped at the weekend, and those rumours fuelling starting to ignore it anyway. It’s looking unfortunately like the U.K. ‘second wave’- if it happens- may be particularly lethal and brutal.

you’d have to have some kind of a perverse death wish to head out back to normal after this weekend.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

New cases today is up.
Number of tests continues to fall since 30 April.

Sky Blue Pete

And I hope by asking we are not saying as the government appear to that over 85’s have nothing to offer society and we should let them go

Sky Blue Pete

6,000 new cases, 659 deaths and yet rumours of lockdown being stopped at the weekend, and those rumours fuelling starting to ignore it anyway. It’s looking unfortunately like the U.K. ‘second wave’- if it happens- may be particularly lethal and brutal.
It’s ok it won’t be anyone under 45 so it’s fine. It’s only mums and dads and sisters and aunties and grandparents. It’s tragic

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Hackney market bustling with people at the weekend. Even selling beer on tap to the cockney hoards. Some people couldn't care less.

Ring Of Steel

It’s ok it won’t be anyone under 45 so it’s fine. It’s only mums and dads and sisters and aunties and grandparents. It’s tragic

its ‘murder capitalism’, no more no less.

like I said- no matter what the twat says when he announces his “plan”, take no chances.

Sky Blue Pete

Another brilliant statistic number of new infections is only high cause we are doing more tests and these will be some of the home tests being completed. Oh ok then bloomin eck. I’m a bit doom and gloom today sorry

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It’s a problem as the stats show it’s only about 400 under 45 - nearly all male and I think a high percentage had health issues - so anyone under that age is never likely to die from it
If you have to go to hospital with covid a rough guide to survival chances is simply to know that if you are 45 your survival rate in hospital is 100 - 45. So 55% survival rate.
Therefore an 70 year old has a 30% chance of survival etc.

Sky Blue Pete

If you have to go to hospital with covid a rough guide to survival chances is simply to know that if you are 45 your survival rate in hospital is 100 - 45. So 55% survival rate.
Therefore an 70 year old has a 30% chance of survival etc.
So is there an intimation that the focus should have been on stopping infection than increasing nhs space and number of ventilators ?? Not that anyone knew I suppose

wingy

you’d have to have some kind of a perverse death wish to head out back to normal after this weekend.
If this really is the game

No wonder he don't want to announce it to parliament tomorrow .
I'd advise mass ignorance of it if that is the program.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

So is there an intimation that the focus should have been on stopping infection than increasing nhs space and number of ventilators ?? Not that anyone knew I suppose
I've no idea. Dr Hilary Jones presented this simple ready reckoner to the public on Monday. My chances in hospital are less than 50/50.

Ring Of Steel

If this really is the game

No wonder he don't want to announce it to parliament tomorrow .
I'd advise mass ignorance of it if that is the program.

I would suspect that the next big problem will be when companies say “lockdown is over, come into work” and some people don’t want to, what happens then

Grendel

I would suspect that the next big problem will be when companies say “lockdown is over, come into work” and some people don’t want to, what happens then

Most people won’t be returning to work

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It’s a problem as the stats show it’s only about 400 under 45 - nearly all male and I think a high percentage had health issues - so anyone under that age is never likely to die from it

Then there you have it.

I'm not suggesting this, but the fact that so little people die under 45 (I'm 28) does make it hard I think.

The only reason many are conforming to lockdown is to protect the vulnerable and the NHS only.

If they were going to do a herd immunity they should take those figures into account and at least try and do it properly.

This whole thing is a mess and I see unrest growing as this situation seems to be getting worse.

Grendel

They say that teachers don’t need PPE and to maintain distancing in classrooms these people haven’t a clue

If the figures are correct and you are not in a risk group then you probably don’t - are schools actually opening?

Users who are viewing this thread