Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (22 Viewers)

djr8369

I don't get this 'we've got a cunning plan, but we won't release it until Sunday, so you're all ready for it for Monday'. Wtf is that all about?

Maybe it's like the five tests, they're under pressure to come up with something so will just wing it then modify it later?

fernandopartridge

The sub-header is "herd immunity again" - i think that's right but it isn't herd immunity again, it's never gone away. Everything is still about trying to protect the NHS whilst generally letting the virus spread, hence why the health authorities are using it to monitor centrally rather than users having sight of their own data. It is disgusting.

wingy

I don't get why any announcements can't be put in front of parliament tomorrow .
What data elements to it are so critical when nothing of significance could change between one day to the next.
IDK is it a matter of presentation and appearing presidential.
Then I look at the use of the force's .
Testing and the Nightingales.
The Nightingales came in at a significant sum and it would have been contractors.
The Army may have been involved logistically .
Then the photoshots of Matt unloading manually a Luton Transit ,not A40 footer full of pallets Rodney .
Just feels a bit like when Blair stuck the tanks around Heathrow.

wingy

The sub-header is "herd immunity again" - i think that's right but it isn't herd immunity again, it's never gone away. Everything is still about trying to protect the NHS whilst generally letting the virus spread, hence why the health authorities are using it to monitor centrally rather than users having sight of their own data. It is disgusting.
Dave King again today Reiterates this view.

David O'Day

Bundesliga played by german government to restart by end of month

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

IDK is it a matter of presentation and appearing presidential.
Then I look at the use of the force's .
Testing and the Nightingales.
The Nightingales came in at a significant sum and it would have been contractors.
The Army may have been involved logistically .
Then the photoshots of Matt unloading manually a Luton Transit ,not A40 footer full of pallets Rodney .
Just feels a bit like when Blair stuck the tanks around Heathrow.

I heard from colleagues who bought all the kit for the Manchester one that the army wouldn't do the logistics for it in the end, as they would not go into the hospital once it opened due to the risk of infection. Bit of a shambles really.

Ian1779

Yeah I’m not gonna lie. He caved way too easily and it seems his supporters aren’t following him to fall in line this time. Biden said he would veto single payer healthcare even if all he had to do was sign his name-madness

Biden reminds me of the guy who didn’t go to the alien planet in Cocoon.

Brighton Sky Blue

I was just watching Irish news, it said that a guy in France who was admitted for pneumonia on December 27th (before China even notified the WHO of its first case) has since been found to have had COVID-19. So it is now beyond doubt that the virus was circulating in Europe at the back end of 2019. The theory is that this might indicate that we are actually already in the second wave. I have no clue if that theory is realistic or not, but I am guessing it would be good news if so.

French hospital discovers it had case of coronavirus in December

I did have a pretty foul chest infection for a few weeks in February, but not really a temperature. It was slightly painful to breathe for a few days after but could have just been a routine bug.

Astute

Very clear from his performance today why he does his best to avoid PMQs. Without a friendly crowd and being able to palm questions off onto others he was like a rabbit in the headlights.
And what I was looking forward to when Starmer was announced as Labour leader. Boris and his one liners will be struggling.

Ring Of Steel

Politics in the UK needs a complete overhaul.

Whilst I do doubt some figures from countries like Germany and Sweden, we do look to be at the but end of this virus well and truly. It's a fucking disgrace.

Our lockdown doesn't differ that much from many other countries, but it seems to me we are trying to plug the bath whilst there is a hole in the side of it.

Why the fuck are planes landing with no passenger checks? This is the same narrative that aggravates the UKIP crew and it's easy to see why they get a platform. We have no control over our borders. Might as well say welcome to Great Britian - country of complete mugs.

The tories are fucking useless and not fit for purpose, whilst labour are continuously rejected by the electorate. Both of them need fucking off or a complete overhaul.

I've fucking had enough.

Its not that our lockdown is different, its that we did fuck all for weeks while the idiots pretended it could never happen here and sneered at how badly hit other countries were. This is what Toby Young said when he was talking about how the rest of Europe was wrong and how Boris was right, “I have a kind of mystical belief in Britain’s greatness and her ability to occasionally bring forth remarkable individuals, who can serve her at critical junctures. I’ve always thought of Boris as one of those people – not just suspected it, but known it in my bones.” When you have that kind of talk going on while a lethal incurable virus is killing thousands, you know you're looking at a major crisis... well you should anyway.

Brighton Sky Blue

Its not that our lockdown is different, its that we did fuck all for weeks while the idiots pretended it could never happen here and sneered at how badly hit other countries were. This is what Toby Young said when he was talking about how the rest of Europe was wrong and how Boris was right, “I have a kind of mystical belief in Britain’s greatness and her ability to occasionally bring forth remarkable individuals, who can serve her at critical junctures. I’ve always thought of Boris as one of those people – not just suspected it, but known it in my bones.” When you have that kind of talk going on while a lethal incurable virus is killing thousands, you know you're looking at a major crisis... well you should anyway.

Starmer asked him how it all went so badly, he said ‘we stuck to our main objective to protect the NHS’

skybluetony176

Weeks and weeks of charts, graphs and comparisons. Now our death toll is highest in the continent, it’s not the time to be looking at graphs and comparisons!
Someone made the same point on Jeremy Vines radio show earlier. After weeks of comparing our figures to other countries claiming aren’t we doing well all of a sudden we can’t compare our figures either countries.

Tommo1993

Someone made the same point on Jeremy Vines radio show earlier. After weeks of comparing our figures to other countries claiming aren’t we doing well all of a sudden we can’t compare our figures either countries.

Sort of reminds me of when a footballer basks in glory and compliments then spits his dummy out after some deserved criticism.

Users who are viewing this thread