Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (48 Viewers)

mr_monkey

Case numbers "moving in the right direction"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200407-173430.png
    Screenshot_20200407-173430.png
    539.4 KB · Views: 12

christonabike

Stand on a chair and whistles....................
I like Grendel. There Ive said it!
On a serious note a very good mate of mine has been rushed into hospital last night with symptoms that he has had for a week. He thought he was over it and its come back very quickly. (he told me yesterday he thought he was a gonner!) Maybe we could stop the back biting and maybe have a little think that bickering like children is not the best way to be spending your time.
Carry on if you must....

clint van damme

On a serious note a very good mate of mine has been rushed into hospital last night with symptoms that he has had for a week. He thought he was over it and its come back very quickly. (he told me yesterday he thought he was a gonner!) Maybe we could stop the back biting and maybe have a little think that bickering like children is not the best way to be spending your time.
Carry on if you must....

All the best to him. Hope he pulls through

djr8369

Carry on if you must....

Similar thing happened to a colleague of mine, thought he was OK and then deteriorated very suddenly.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Oh I stand 100% by those in fact i can say with certainty absolute certainty if there is a recovery it will be suggested he lied about the illness was not really ill and was an attempt to create much needed popularity

and if he doesn't we'll have a few right wing nutcases sickeningly claiming he was deliberately treated badly as 'revenge' for his views and voting on the NHS in the past. As well as others using it as proof that the NHS is a failure as it couldn't even save the PM whereas if he'd had private insurance he would (despite this not being able to be proven) and so we should all move to a US style insurance system.

There will be a very small minority of c*nts on both sides that will use the situation for political leverage however it turns out (hopefully with Johnson recovering)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

And with that all my optimism goes out the window, feel like this is gonna be months and months sadly... Spain has also had a dreadful day as has France
As I've said before get off the fixation of daily figures, esp death rates. You seem to just have a knee-jerk reaction based on hem every day. They've gone down "good news, looks like we've turned a corner". They go back up again "terrible news, weeks left until the peak". People said to you yesterday Tue sees a spike in figures so don't get too optimistic today or downbeat tomorrow if they go up.

Take a step back. Don't look at the figures for a few days and then see how the trends going. It'll be far better for your health and give you a slightly better indication on how things are progressing.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

the operation last gasp was alleged to be said in a conference call with 60 companies regarding ventilators. One of these allegedly said this comment was made and oddly this person is anonymous and “leaked” the comment to politico.

As far as I’m aware no one else can remember the comment so I think we can conclude he didn’t - my point if he did (which it seems is not likely) it’s hardly encouraging mass deaths and is a parody of a war operation naming - it’s not a hanging offence

But he was offered the opportunity to deny he had ever said it and didn't do so, instead doing the usual politician speak of babbling on about some other point.

Grendel

You think irony is something a bit like iron

Now I’m in trouble David - your ability for spontaneous and hilarious one liners has left me with a broken rib as I laughed so much so I need to brave A and E

Grendel

But he was offered the opportunity to deny he had ever said it and didn't do so, instead doing the usual politician speak of babbling on about some other point.

He did to say he did and 99% of the call cannot recall the conversation- and again it’s a so what moment

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Whats this 'Hydroxychloroquine' like in terms of being used to fight the disease? Seems USA are going big on it.... India have now lifted the ban on exporting it

apparently India blocked imports of the drug and Trump threatened them, so they promptly lifted the ban

Disgraceful behaviour by the US. Commandeered US made ventilators destined for abroad that had been paid for, then when someone else does similar to them with a drug (which hasn't passed any clinical trials and on Trump's 'advice' is causing problems for American's taking it) they threaten them.

Bully-boy tactics and when this is over the UN should seriously look into their conduct.

Grendel

Disgraceful behaviour by the US. Commandeered US made ventilators destined for abroad that had been paid for, then when someone else does similar to them with a drug (which hasn't passed any clinical trials and on Trump's 'advice' is causing problems for American's taking it) they threaten them.

Bully-boy tactics and when this is over the UN should seriously look into their conduct.

I thought Australia were doing tests with it

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The BBC have done an article on the possibility of reopening schools according to an Imperial professor. He says keeping them shut reduces the death rate by ‘only 3-4%’. What does it say when measures are dismissed because they don’t save *enough* lives?

But if we end up having say 20k deaths as expected that's between 600 and 800 deaths!

BackRoomRummermill

The first allegations made against him were in the 1960’s so that isn’t even remotely true.

In 2009 Jimmy Saville was interviewed under caution by Surry and Sussex police - note 2009 . Subsequently the police referred 4 cases to the CPS alleging that Jimmy Saville has abused 3 girls under 16. The CPS after receiving the files from the police refused to prosecute saying insufficient evidence ,after Savilles death and despite multiple attempts of high level cover ups we know that he abused over 500 kids . The man in charge of the CPS of this high profile case and decided insufficient evidence was the one and only now leader of the Labour Party Sir kier Starmer

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I read somewhere that Boris had problems with pneumonia in the past, is this true and how much bearing does this help with his fight?

It won't help him as chances are it will have caused some minor lung damage. But hopefully he will come through it and recover soon.

shmmeee

786 is almost certain to be an outlier given yesterday's total of 439, and taking into account warnings that weekend figures are likely to be under stated. We will see in the next couple of days but at the moment if you add today and yesterday's numbers together and divide by 2 you get 612 / 613. That could be beginning to show a plateau. Here's hoping.

You’re averaging a Sunday and a Monday tho, and if we’re right about Sunday’s being low that’ll drag the average down.

I wonder if week on week growth isn’t the best indicator but last Tuesdays were about half today’s IIRC.

As always let’s see where we are the rest of the week. If we fail to break 800 we’re doing well.

David O'Day

In 2009 Jimmy Saville was interviewed under caution by Surry and Sussex police - note 2009 . Subsequently the police referred 4 cases to the CPS alleging that Jimmy Saville has abused 3 girls under 16. The CPS after receiving the files from the police refused to prosecute saying insufficient evidence ,after Savilles death and despite multiple attempts of high level cover ups we know that he abused over 500 kids . The man in charge of the CPS of this high profile case and decided insufficient evidence was the one and only now leader of the Labour Party Sir kier Starmer
2 things the dpp doesn't make the day today decisions and if there was not enough evidence it's not the CPS fault.

A tory using saville as weapon, how fucking sick. You need your teeth removing

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He made a throwaway remark regarding shaking hands - big deal,

It is a big deal. In fact it's a massive deal.

When you're the head of state during a crisis and you want people to take it seriously and you flippantly show disdain and disregard for the medical advice in front of the TV cameras you're encouraging people to also ignore it and thus endangering lives. Esp those who hang on his every word like Dom.

Plus with this handshaking thing there are two options.

1. He DID go around shaking hands with patients (some of whom may have had COVID and thus he risked passing the infection around the patients and many others in doing so) and then told people he did it on TV (which he did).

In this scenario both the action and 'boasting' are incredibly stupid and dangerous things to do.

2. 1. He DIDN'T go around shaking hands with patients but then told people he did it on TV (which he did).

In this scenario he's lied about his actions and by doing so belittled the health advise that was trying to be given out which is incredibly stupid and dangerous.

So he's either stupid and made extremely reckless comments or he's a liar and made extremely reckless comments.

Grendel

It is a big deal. In fact it's a massive deal.

When you're the head of state during a crisis and you want people to take it seriously and you flippantly show disdain and disregard for the medical advice in front of the TV cameras you're encouraging people to also ignore it and thus endangering lives. Esp those who hang on his every word like Dom.

Plus with this handshaking thing there are two options.

1. He DID go around shaking hands with patients (some of whom may have had COVID and thus he risked passing the infection around the patients and many others in doing so) and then told people he did it on TV (which he did).

In this scenario both the action and 'boasting' are incredibly stupid and dangerous things to do.

2. 1. He DIDN'T go around shaking hands with patients but then told people he did it on TV (which he did).

In this scenario he's lied about his actions and by doing so belittled the health advise that was trying to be given out which is incredibly stupid and dangerous.

So he's either stupid and made extremely reckless comments or he's a liar and made extremely reckless comments.

Grow up

Grendel

Not the best constructed sentence.

Are France not including all deaths including the ones on the community where as other countries figures are deaths in hospital.

They add them in blocks and normally separate this appears to be hospital deaths

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Surely that’s the reduced number and it’s 3-4% of either 500k or 250k depending on if accounting for shielding. Need to know I’d say 600-800 is the low bar.

I was using the expected death rate because the initial comment I believe was about closing the schools would 'only reduce deaths by 3-4%'.

fernandopartridge

Yes, the DPS vests all its power in one man

thatcher-savile.png

Users who are viewing this thread