Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (31 Viewers)

hill83

Did you know it’s not really a problem everyone is over reacting but also it was created by the Chinese government to cause a recession or quell the HK riots and is a super weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the earth is flat

shmmeee

On my way back from Cheltenham festival. No cough before, cough now. 10 pints and a couple of gins.

help me out please keyboard scientists

giphy.gif

NorthernWisdom

The state of some of these replies. Why do people try to politicise everything. He's just sat through a Cobra meeting. He is acting on advice. The Scottish First Minister is in total agreement. We have few cases per 1 million population than almost any other major developed nation, certainly in Western Europe. What is it that people want, martial law?
I have to say, I'm all for a spot of Boris bashing. But, if he's following the advice given to him, what more can he do?!?

ccfc92

On my way back from Cheltenham festival. No cough before, cough now. 10 pints and a couple of gins.

help me out please keyboard scientists

As symptoms apparently take about 5 days to appear, probably unrelated. (Hope so anyway)

ccfc92

I have to say, I'm all for a spot of Boris bashing. But, if he's following the advice given to him, what more can he do?!?

Gonna stick my neck out, I think we are doing the right thing for now.

If Boris come out at the start of this week saying total lockdown on everything, people would say he's overreacting.

If next week, cases have doubled or more, then take further action, but is the whole nation really going to self-quarantine for 14 days? We'd all be down the pub within 5 minutes.

Last edited:

wingy

Did you know it’s not really a problem everyone is over reacting but also it was created by the Chinese government to cause a recession or quell the HK riots and is a super weapon.

Oh hell
Own goal there then

NorthernWisdom

Gonna stick my neck out, think we are doing the right thing for now.

If Boris come out at the start of this week saying total lockdown on everything, people would say he's overreacting.

If next week, cases have doubled or more, then take further action, but is the whole nation really going to self-quarantine for 14 days? We'd all be down the pub within 5 minutes.
This is the problem. At some point people have to move so, if you want to stop people moving, you have to pick your time. That may well not be now!

David O'Day

If anyone is still comparing us to Italy look at their confirmed cases then imagine what the total infected will be

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

David O'Day

Boris while only saying what to as advised by the experts was very flakey

djr8369

Worrying that they’re saying the peak might be 13 weeks away. What will be the state of the stock markets by then!? How many businesses will go under due to poor cash flow?

lifeskyblue

If anyone is still comparing us to Italy look at their confirmed cases then imagine what the total infected will be

Also look at how many more people they are testing. We are at the start of a massive rise in numbers.

Brighton Sky Blue

Washington State has over double our number of deaths with about 10% of the population. They are charging people anywhere from £100-1500 just to get tested and they also don't have paid sick leave. Doctors over there have admitted that their health system is not fit for practice for a situation like this and it should make people here glad that we have the setup we do.

wingy

And the fat twat speaks:

Coronavirus will spread.
Cases will rise sharply
More cases than we’ve found through tests
We have a plan - ha ha
Delay tactic from now on
If symptomatic self isolate for 7 days
Over 70’with conditions no cruises
Advise against international school trips

sounds like that’s it for now. Everything else later including football bans
If they don't have the data they could miss the sweet spot .

djr8369

Not at the same rate though, there is no evidence for this

What rate? What evidence? From what I’ve seen we’re further back on an exponential curve so current rate is likely to be misleading.

shmmeee

So I’ve had a new continuous cough since Tuesday. Am I now supposed to self isolate? Is it seven days from now or from when symptoms started?

D

Deleted member 4439

So we only expect 48000000 to get the virus. That’s quite a lot

Boo! back. I think you missed the bit where our medical bod said that they think the mortality rate will be about 1% (same as swine flu) but they cannot predict the absolute mortality number because they have no way of predicting with any confidence how many will be infected.

Otis

Still very concerned in footballing terms.

Think something will have to give soon. Bound sure to be more players confirmed with having the virus and then games will get postponed and we could easily have some teams having played 5 or 6 more games than other sides.

One player gets it, you would isolate the whole team, but of course then, 2 or 3 more players may start to show the symptoms at the end of the isolation period and then surely the team would have to isolate again wouldn't they?

Last edited:

Tommo1993

So I’ve had a new continuous cough since Tuesday. Am I now supposed to self isolate? Is it seven days from now or from when symptoms started?

Tbh I had a shitty cold last weekend, usually it’s 3-4 days maximum. Almost two weeks later I have an annoying lingering cough. Not a bad one though. Dry, itchy. It’s as if I’ve come this far so may as well forget it.

Sky Blue Pete

Boo! back. I think you missed the bit where our medical bod said that they think the mortality rate will be about 1% (same as swine flu) but they cannot predict the absolute mortality number because they have no way of predicting with any confidence how many will be infected.
So 1% of 48000000 is only 480000

so that’s ok SHIT

djr8369

Washington State has over double our number of deaths with about 10% of the population. They are charging people anywhere from £100-1500 just to get tested and they also don't have paid sick leave. Doctors over there have admitted that their health system is not fit for practice for a situation like this and it should make people here glad that we have the setup we do.

The US is going to be an absolute disaster and Trump is still screaming fake news.

Users who are viewing this thread