Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (36 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

There are a lot of personal agendas going on here and whilst some of the insults are quite funny, the tone of the thread is getting a bit annoying.

It's obvious the government are pretty hopeless and have been, but I cannot for one moment see how any other opposition party would have done a better job.

Whilst there was some other countries laughing at us a bit, the reality is not many of them are much better.

Germany's figures are skewed, China lied, Belguim had to enforce stricter measures because many citizens thought it was like a holiday. Sweden are doing a worse job than us but because they are seen as progressive it gets ignored.

The whole thing is a total fuck up everywhere. If it was as bad as we are seeing now the borders should have been closed in January. My personal opinion is that many countries didn't want to appear racist so rested on their laurels for too long. It is not the only reason borders weren't closed but I'm pretty sure it is up there.

China is pretty low down the list of places I would like to visit, and that hasn't changed as a result of this.

Isn't there some statement to be released by the FL today which might give us a bit of clarity on what will happen with the season? Maybe we can chat about that for a bit.

Grendel

Our prediction rate is pretty accurate-out of 50 A level students only 3 were more than a grade outside of prediction. KH8 was far better run under George Fisher and the slide since hasn’t been pretty watching

Yes it went really downhill after Fisher left

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes it went really downhill after Fisher left

For context my missus also applied more recently and was turned down in favour of a candidate who got on the wrong train so arrived 3 hours late. It was also clear he hadn’t even read her application. They seem to always hire the most experienced teachers by default regardless of quality

Grendel

For context my missus also applied more recently and was turned down in favour of a candidate who got on the wrong train so arrived 3 hours late. It was also clear he hadn’t even read her application. They seem to always hire the most experienced teachers by default regardless of quality

It’s a shame - my first two who went there prospered well out of it both socially and academically - by her own admission the oldest wasn’t that academic at all but ended up with pretty good grades and a very enjoyable experience. The third had more if the new regime and really was naturally the brightest by a long way but didn’t do quite as well and also the overall experience was declining. Some of the teachers especially in science were dire

Marty

It really should be restricted to small companies and workers in pubs etc. For JLR to do it is taking the piss. they will need to tighten it up

JLR do employee 40,000 or so people and pay a lot of tax, it's places who avoid paying it and have those stupid zero hour contracts like Starbucks and SportsDirect that should be told to either pay their staff or be banned from trading within the UK.

Ring Of Steel

Our prediction rate is pretty accurate-out of 50 A level students only 3 were more than a grade outside of prediction. KH8 was far better run under George Fisher and the slide since hasn’t been pretty watching

I went to KH8, the thought of Mr Courtois & Steve Wilkes still scares me now.

Are they slipping then?

I had the pleasure of being in Mr Skermer's class a little while before he had his unfortunate 'incident'.

Ring Of Steel

Yep, and he wasn't the only one.

I was in his maths class and he was just... weird. You wouldn't have openly said he was a paedo, I guess you don't at that age, but when you found out and looked back at some of the stuff it all made sense. He'd have underwater cameras so he could take snaps of the boys swimming and had a habit of appearing with his camera at shower time and. Lived with his mum in Chapelfields I think, just a strange man. I think you can probably google it, it was on the news and all sorts.

He put me in detention after Villa beat us 4-1 in 1989 and he found out I'd skived a rugby match v Old Swinford or some godforsaken place to go to Villa Park and watch us instead. He was/is a big Villa fan, I was not consumed with sympathy when it all came out about him. I think a short time after even the headmaster was caught at it.

Nick

Administrator
Yep, and he wasn't the only one.

I was in his maths class and he was just... weird. You wouldn't have openly said he was a paedo, I guess you don't at that age, but when you found out and looked back at some of the stuff it all made sense. He'd have underwater cameras so he could take snaps of the boys swimming and had a habit of appearing with his camera at shower time and. Lived with his mum in Chapelfields I think, just a strange man. I think you can probably google it, it was on the news and all sorts.

He put me in detention after Villa beat us 4-1 in 1989 and he found out I'd skived a rugby match v Old Swinford or some godforsaken place to go to Villa Park and watch us instead. He was/is a big Villa fan, I was not consumed with sympathy when it all came out about him. I think a short time after even the headmaster was caught at it.
BBC News | Education | Indecent photo teacher gets suspended sentence

Grendel

Sky Blue Pete

Jesus I didn't know it was that bad

For legal reasons I'm not going to name names but he was absolutely without doubt not the only one. Everyone knew. Physics may or may not have been a subject to be careful of...
Serious, taking pictures of children’s private parts without permission is not that bad!!!!

shmmeee

Yes they are as all countries have different ways of measuring who has died. Also France yesterday added over 800 deaths and there is no way of knowing when they actually occurred

If the numbers were that off every country wouldn’t be tracking the same. The numbers are fine

Brighton Sky Blue

I went to KH8, the thought of Mr Courtois & Steve Wilkes still scares me now.

Are they slipping then?

I had the pleasure of being in Mr Skermer's class a little while before he had his unfortunate 'incident'.

Think it’s an open secret that Bablake is carrying the foundation. You seem to have gone between me and my dad!

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s a shame - my first two who went there prospered well out of it both socially and academically - by her own admission the oldest wasn’t that academic at all but ended up with pretty good grades and a very enjoyable experience. The third had more if the new regime and really was naturally the brightest by a long way but didn’t do quite as well and also the overall experience was declining. Some of the teachers especially in science were dire

I applied for one of the science jobs in 2017 but optimistically as I hadn’t finished qualifying. Some of my old ones are still working there and agree they’re not great. Probably was in the same year as one of yours without realising!

ccfcricoh

Think it’s an open secret that Bablake is carrying the foundation. You seem to have gone between me and my dad!

Bablake definitely the most superior.... and nothing to do with what school i went to honest...

Where the hell is this thread going to take us next!

Is there a record for longest ever? This must have surpassed even the Chaplin thread by now!

Sick Boy

How Dave with freedom of movement across Europe and open borders would you have controlled it? The EU has a pandemic committee which folded as every country adopted its own strategies
Because believe it or not the United States of Europe crap that has been pushed has been exactly that. Each country is actually sovereign, despite what those with an agenda try and claim.

hill83

Open ended statement about the EFL.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread