Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (33 Viewers)

shmmeee

Possible other reasons for Brown - tarnished by the Iraq war legacy, the messy situation with Blair (the agreement/that fact that he became PM shortly after people voted for Blair in election) and labour had been in power for 15 years.

Brown lost because that’s what happens when you’re in the chair when a recession hits generally.

shmmeee

But yet also got over 40% of the vote make your mind up

It was a two way Brexit election. Without Brexit we’d have been down below 30% in all likelihood.

Elections are easy: you pick three to five voter concerns, put together policies that address them, then hammer that message home.

God knows what the Labour strategists were up to. Even I as an engaged member couldn’t tell you our policy on crime and the NHS but everyone knows Johnson’s promises even if they don’t believe them.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Since someone mentioned the joke the other day I've had the image of the WWI Lord Kitchener poster in my head so in the end I had to spend ten minutes knocking up an update for public information/morale.
Two metre you!.jpg

Spurs 'City Away Kit' Kit

Brown lost because that’s what happens when you’re in the chair when a recession hits generally.
I had dinner with a former Labour cabinet member about a year after the 2010 election and asked at what point they knew they would lose it. Their response was 'The moment the cabinet decided to support Brown as leader' which seemed incredibly harsh.

wingy

Is there a precedent being set

Newcastle declared promoted by the RFU a Club Brugge in Belgium declared promoted.
Promising I think.

Skybluefaz

Is there a precedent being set

Newcastle declared promoted by the RFU s a Club Brugge in Belgium declared promoted.
Promising I think.
I think so wingy, seems from the latest tweet the efl sent out they are continuing discussions about how to move forward. I wouldn't be surprised if we are champions by the weekend then try and get the season started as normal in August?

Users who are viewing this thread