Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (61 Viewers)

Warwickhunt

TIn the video posted by Dingy yesterday with the South Korean doctor he stated that they did.
great ! can you imagine how hard it will be to get face masks? we will have a situation where people going into hospital have them and staff treating them dont!

Brighton Sky Blue

Boris appealed to some of the Labour vote, who couldnt vote for corbyn
he played the clown, and some of the Labour support liked it

to win an election, you have to win some of the opposition support - Corbyn could never to that, Boris could

Corbyn had flaws but the media hounded him in a way I have never seen before and they did it for years. By Dec 2019 he had no chance

CCFCSteve

Miliband?

He's trickier. Cameron was pretty slick (little substance) to be fair. He/Tories played on the ‘give us a chance to govern on our own now we’ve done the dirty work’ (even though he probably didn’t want/expect to)

ps these are just guesses don’t be offended anyone !!!

Ring Of Steel

The classic Tory response of ‘I’d love to care about people not dying but a left wing person said a mean thing to me so now my entire moral and political viewpoint has shifted completely to the right’ boo fucking hoo

Tories always get very moralistic when they accuse "the left" of swearing and arguing and being rude. Awful goings on.

The Tories themselves of course kill people & put them into poverty on a daily basis, but they just do it in a polite & professional manner.

TomRad85

Yeah because I'm influential in regards to a general election
Everyone is. For example if you have other forms of social media and you present yourself in the same manner, you could put many people off voting your way.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

He's trickier. Cameron was pretty slick (little substance) to be fair. He/Tories played on the ‘give us a chance to govern on our own now we’ve done the dirty work’ (even though he probably didn’t want/expect to)

ps these are just guesses don’t be offended anyone !!!

It’s just I thought we had to not be far left to win and he still didn’t

David O'Day

Everyone is. For example if you have other forms of social media and you present yourself in the same manner, you could put many people off voting your way.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
If you are basing your vote on what a scrote from Willenhall thinks you need help

CCFCSteve

It’s just I thought we had to not be far left to win and he still didn’t

Yeah, it’s a fair point, but it’s sometimes timing (what’s happening in country/economy etc) and opponents, for example Brown and Milliband probably (almost certainly) beat May. Blair beats Cameron and probably Johnson (in previous years but unsure in 2019 due to Brexit)

David O'Day

The face mask effectiveness issue is one that genuinely splits doctors a you have to remember correlation does not equal causation

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah, it’s a fair point, but it’s sometimes timing (what’s happening in country/economy etc) and opponents, for example Brown and Milliband probably (almost certainly) beat May. Blair beats Cameron and probably Johnson (in previous years but maybe not in 2019 due to Brexit)

What I’m getting at is that ‘you’ll get destroyed being far left’ is a default argument much like ‘he’s unelectable’ purely because the press have declared him so. Labour wouldn’t have won in 2019 with any of their available MPs because it was held on Johnson’s terms.

They wouldn’t have lost as badly though as even I had a hard time voting for Corbyn and I voted for him twice as leader

Ring Of Steel

Yeah, it’s a fair point, but it’s sometimes timing (what’s happening in country/economy etc) and opponents, for example Brown and Milliband probably (almost certainly) beat May. Blair beats Cameron and probably Johnson (in previous years but unsure in 2019 due to Brexit)

I think Blair beats anyone- I never saw support like he had. I'm not political but when he came along it was an unstoppable force. Not getting into talking about policies & all that as I don't know enough about it, but he was the most unbeatable PM certainly of my lifetime.

For all you politics buffs- was that at least partly the 'centrist' effect?

skybluetony176

Oh look,the tolerant left in action.
Go and kick some war memorials over or something.
You do know that in WW2 when the black shirts were marching on London and Londoners turned on them you would be one of the black shirts and the Londoners who attacked them were the ones who went on to fight the war and who said memorials were raised for?

Brighton Sky Blue

I think Blair beats anyone- I never saw support like he had. I'm not political but when he came along it was an unstoppable force. Not getting into talking about policies & all that as I don't know enough about it, but he was the most unbeatable PM certainly of my lifetime.

He won even after committing war crimes it’s one hell of an accomplishment

David O'Day

You do know that in WW2 when the black shirts were marching on London and Londoners turned on them you would be one of the black shirts and the Londoners who attacked them were the ones who went on to fight the war and who said memorials were raised for?
My grandad didn't vote for fascists, he shot em.

Grendel

Ring Of Steel

He’ll crack a few jokes about having had it himself, wave a flag and praise the great British effort to beat the virus. If he holds a pint at the same time he might get 600 MPs

I don't really follow it here but from what I can tell nobody actually knows who PM is- Varadkar doing all the briefings (and he's pretty good actually, I have been impressed with his demeanour), but its all very complicated to work out who is actually going to be in charge.

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't really follow it here but from what I can tell nobody actually knows who PM is- Varadkar doing all the briefings (and he's pretty good actually, I have been impressed with his demeanour), but its all very complicated to work out who is actually going to be in charge.

Is he Taoiseach by default until this is over?

Users who are viewing this thread