Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (69 Viewers)

Otis

Pandemic over
Thanks Ken.

Funniest thing I have seen in weeks.

giphy.gif

fernandopartridge

Just had an email through at work from a Norwegian company named Amedica offering the COVID Antibody testing kits. They've been EU and MHRA registered. They're begging the NHS procurement bodies to take them on by the look of it, which suggests they've had no direction from DHSC or anybody higher up in government.

shmmeee

Yes, social unrest will surely grow the longer people are stuck at home. Don't know about anything to suggest food shortages yet, but weather people will have the money to pay is something else. I would hope those that have worked will get by with their 80% and trim accordingly, hopefully taking advantage of holiday payments for mortgages. Those that haven't, presumably they are already on benefits and budget as best they always have.

Problems are those let go and those renting, which don’t have either option open to them and will either just run up debt and push the issue down the line, or fall into the benefits system and likely not come back while the economy is on its arse. Reading those reports of Italians starting to starve was unsettling.

Grendel

What good are the staff if there are no cars being built to sell? And production is stopped for 4 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff aren’t just related to cars?

I know someone in finance and they have never been busier working out various financial models as you can imagine

There are cars to sell and sales will be getting retailers to try and pre sell units

Many engineers and purchasing are future model related anyway I’d assume

Aftersales will ensure all parts requirements are filled for when retailers open again

The 12 week thing is the supply channel. Revenue recognition occurs normally at POE except for middle east and a few small markets so when production starts no Monet comes in until then unless it’s the uk but they’d have be low on priority and sell from already recognised stock

PCH

I know someone in finance and they have never been busier working out various financial models as you can imagine

There are cars to sell and sales will be getting retailers to try and pre sell units

Aftersales will ensure all parts requirements are filled for when retailers open again

The 12 week thing is the supply channel. Revenue recognition occurs normally at POE except for middle east and a few small markets so when production starts no Monet comes in until then unless it’s the uk but they’d have be low on priority and sell from already recognised stock
Well if no Monet comes in perhaps they’ll get a Degas or a Picasso

Grendel

Today’s numbers due any second hoping for a drop on deaths and new cases

There will at some point be an increase in deaths

cc84cov

Was just looking at the table of cases etc in the UK 15 pages we are on page 7 with 79 cases safe today the first couple of pages are full of London areas etc which is expected

djr8369

I understand that, I am one of those staff, but it sounds like you are prioritising staff over production staff. There's little point us getting the next MY ready if there's nobody to build it.

Yes it's due to supply channel, a side effect of the virus, so business should be eligible to claim furlough.

chiefdave

Been trying and trying and trying to get my dad a home delivery of food shopping. No luck at all. Tried every supermarket for the past two weeks.
Not impressed that we're this far in and still nothing seems to have been done other than tell people not to panic buy. What do they expect when people are having to queue an hour or more to get in the shop only to be greeted with empty shelves.

After days of trying got through to Sainsburys to try and arrange priority for my parents, my Dads in his 80s, housebound and registered disabled but apparently that only qualifies you if you're in Scotland or Wales, not enough in England.
Anyway, every two days or so he rings me and says he has a shopping list. Never gives me notice and wants the stuff like NOW!!
Same here. Went shopping for my parents last Wednesday, told them to stock up fill the freezer but they insisted they didn't need much. Two days later "can you just pop round with". Even the stuff I did get they weren't happy with if it wasn't the same brand they usually have.

Grendel

Well it seems they are going to claim it.

Not for most staff though - spoke to a few and they will work from home indefinitely on full pay

djr8369

Not for most staff though - spoke to a few and they will work from home indefinitely on full pay

I'm sure some will but you'd said you couldn't see how they could claim it. Email is out today and sounds like they are looking to put a lot of people on it.

Users who are viewing this thread