Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (50 Viewers)

The coventrian

Bloody glad I’ve never been unemployed,A week at home is more stressful and boring.
Been for plenty of exercise though!!
Shit isn't it. I've been off nearly week now. So far I've washed and polished my cars,painted the garage door,mowed the lawn,sorted the garage out,done other various bits of painting now I've started painting the facia boards. Great getting a few jobs done but this isnt for me. I want to go back to work.

Ring Of Steel

As an aside I requested a refund from Aer Lingus for flights in April but despite having confirmation of it being processed I'm still getting e-mails about the upcoming flights and I don't see it even being cancelled. Can't get through to them on the phone either.

I'm about 10 mins from Cork Airport, if you get no joy in the coming days let me know and I'll just walk in and ask at a desk what the policy is and whats happening.

edit... if they let me!!!

Otis

Is it only a matter of time before supermarket home delivery vans are targeted and held up and robbed along their routes.

Going to be like robbing a bullion truck.

SkyBlueDom26

We need to hurry this antibody test up asap, it will confirm if it was around earlier with people getting really poorly around Christmas time with all the symptoms of Covid

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm about 10 mins from Cork Airport, if you get no joy in the coming days let me know and I'll just walk in and ask at a desk what the policy is and whats happening.

edit... if they let me!!!

Was due to be flying to Shannon on the 10th, asked for a refund 11 days ago but heard nothing. Hope they're just processing a lot of requests rather than ignoring them

Ring Of Steel

Was due to be flying to Shannon on the 10th, asked for a refund 11 days ago but heard nothing. Hope they're just processing a lot of requests rather than ignoring them

They way they are working is that they will only deal with queries relating to flights over the upcoming 72 hours, so they will indeed be just ignoring you at this stage, and your options are to change the flight for free, or ask for a voucher for the value of the ticket and they'll give you an extra 10% on top. But you'll get charged a fiver admin fee for doing any of these things.

cc84cov

We need to hurry this antibody test up asap, it will confirm if it was around earlier with people getting really poorly around Christmas time with all the symptoms of Covid
100% I had a virus on my chest 3 times down the walk in they finally said it was bronchitis but wasn’t sure at all Amoxicillin didn’t touch it had to just clear on it’s own lasted weeks on end

PCH

As an aside I requested a refund from Aer Lingus for flights in April but despite having confirmation of it being processed I'm still getting e-mails about the upcoming flights and I don't see it even being cancelled. Can't get through to them on the phone either.
I had an Air Canada flight booked in May . The option was to cancel with no refund or cancel with credit to re arrange a flight at a later date.
This may be the same

Brighton Sky Blue

I had an Air Canada flight booked in May . The option was to cancel with no refund or cancel with credit to re arrange a flight at a later date.
This may be the same

In the past I've had at least the taxes refunded-since we can't go at any other time really it's not possible to re-book

Brighton Sky Blue

They way they are working is that they will only deal with queries relating to flights over the upcoming 72 hours, so they will indeed be just ignoring you at this stage, and your options are to change the flight for free, or ask for a voucher for the value of the ticket and they'll give you an extra 10% on top. But you'll get charged a fiver admin fee for doing any of these things.

Yes they've tried that but we can't go at another time realistically. Now just hoping that the flights we've got to Crete in July stay intact

djr8369

Engineers that couldn't mend a puncture on a bicycle. Everyone seems to have engineer written on there backs at our place. Honestly it's a joke. We fix the damn things and do they listen to us on advice? Do they fuck.

The probably we have in the U.K. is the term engineer isn’t legally defined like in many countries so the term gets banded about too freely and means there’s nothing to stop managers promoting their “yes men” to engineer so they can give them a raise and keep them on side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djr8369

Im not being flippant. Someone I knew was a analyst two levels below a manager was on £55k - an average would be £45k - it would just about cover a new graduates wage in the office

Yes the wages are ridiculous for most people.

PCH

The probably we have in the U.K. is the term engineer isn’t legally defined like in many countries so the term gets banded about too freely and means there’s nothing to stop managers promoting their “yes men” to engineer so they can give them a raise and keep them on side.

Correct. Once upon a time precision tool makers and alike were classed as engineers. It appears these days if you can screw an air freshener to a wall you’re an engineer

The coventrian

Indeed. I see it all the time.

Speedies_Chips

I've been watching Flightradar24 a bit just lately (geek). It's surprising how many flights are still going on and I did actually notice that Aer Lingus do seem to be doing a lot of flights still.

Sky Blue Pete

Shit isn't it. I've been off nearly week now. So far I've washed and polished my cars,painted the garage door,mowed the lawn,sorted the garage out,done other various bits of painting now I've started painting the facia boards. Great getting a few jobs done but this isnt for me. I want to go back to work.
What’s work sir

skybluesam66

100% I had a virus on my chest 3 times down the walk in they finally said it was bronchitis but wasn’t sure at all Amoxicillin didn’t touch it had to just clear on it’s own lasted weeks on end
exactly the same here - lasted 2 weeks for me - Wasnt a cold, nor bronchitis - even though they diagnosed that initially
I was in the surgery/Chemist/hospital etc - we were probably spreading heavily

djr8369

Our management are telling us we need to keep working as the government won’t help us.

Meanwhile several of the department are in hospital, losing more by the day as they isolate with symptoms. Yet still it’s “business critical” that we continue working.

The thinking seems to be they want the next lot of cars ready on time for sale (demand is obviously going to be severely reduced). Despite this we can’t spend any money on anything. I can’t see JLR surviving this.

I would think the best thing would be to put as many people on furlough as possible but instead they’re trying to cover everyone’s wages and paying them in full. There seems to be a lot of pressure coming from somewhere to not claim furlough.

Brighton Sky Blue

Meanwhile several of the department are in hospital, losing more by the day as they isolate with symptoms. Yet still it’s “business critical” that we continue working.

The thinking seems to be they want the next lot of cars ready on time for sale (demand is obviously going to be severely reduced). Despite this we can’t spend any money on anything. I can’t see JLR surviving this.

I would think the best thing would be to put as many people on furlough as possible but instead they’re trying to cover everyone’s wages and paying them in full. There seems to be a lot of pressure coming from somewhere to not claim furlough.

G

The coventrian

We survived the recession with no help from the government so I'd say if the government were willing to part pay peoples salary then the powers that be would be crazy not to except the offer. Maybe the government are saying that in exchange for cash they want x amount of the business? I might be wrong but it rings a bell that during the recession the then government tried that trick? Like I said I might be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread