Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (36 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

that’s why I don’t go there.

And that’s why the most depressing thing about all this is that once the virus is controlled, nothing will change. Your point about moral quandaries is amazingly stupid- no other animal farms millions of other animals to eat & in doing so helps to destroy their environment. Animals eat what they need to eat. If kids are being told that it’s ok to do what we do then we really are screwed. Different debate, so leaving it there, but looks like even with thousands dying due to the way we live on this planet, we are still saying that “our way is right” instead of taking a long hard look at why the bloody planet is going completely tits up.

I don’t teach that it’s OK, in fact the opposite as we show that eating beef leaves a bigger impact than driving a petrol car. Thousands are dying not because of people eating meat but because of a contagious disease which without medicine could kill many more. Medicine itself has allowed humanity to cheat the population curve that applies to everything else.

Not having disease kill substantial numbers has allowed our population to grow unchecked. There is obviously going to come a point when the planet runs out of resources for the global population. Should we start allowing diseases to take their natural course to lessen our environmental impact?

TomRad85

it’s actually worse here- we rip animals to shreds for “fun”, and protect our right to do so, ignoring laws set up to stop it.

At least the Chinese do it for food, we do it because we apparently enjoy seeing animals torn to shreds.
I've seen lots of footage of these people seemingly enjoying what they are doing. One was a couple of people blow torching a dog to death with a crowd stood about like its normal. But ok, we're worse...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Astute

No just think there’s the possibility that there is some creative licence at play. I don’t doubt the issues are already very serious in hospitals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Possibility? Was certainly false a few minutes ago.

So now there is nobody working for the NHS that can tell you what they have gone through in the last week?

Ring Of Steel

What is wrong with you? They do it for status - you seek very pro China

Nothing wrong with me. You’ve spent the entire thread making barbed comments about China, Italy, France, Ireland, and comically defending the govt throughout. It’s all about how much worse everyone else is. Small mindedness taken to another level.

It’s not all about how ‘great’ Britain is, this is a worldwide event and there is the chance to fix many things. We are no worse, no better than any other country, nothing will ever get solved without taking a good long look in the mirror first.

Ring Of Steel

No just think there’s the possibility that there is some creative licence at play. I don’t doubt the issues are already very serious in hospitals.

Exactly. See how these people get massively triggered when you question things? :)

Astute

we’re back to the “so you’d rather be in Italy?” school of debate.
No .we're back to you denying what really goes on in the world. You have Google at your fingertips. But don't worry. There will always be someone to back you up.

But I have a feeling not this time.

djr8369

Possibility? Was certainly false a few minutes ago.

So now there is nobody working for the NHS that can tell you what they have gone through in the last week?

No I’m not saying that at all. I’m saying there may be some creative license or dramatisation. As I said, I don’t doubt the problems are already huge so please stop making up things I’ve said. You were always blaming people for doing that to you during the brexit thread so let’s not end up like that.

It doesn’t have to black and white, true not true. I’m sure the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Brighton Sky Blue

it’s actually worse here- we rip animals to shreds for “fun”, and protect our right to do so, ignoring laws set up to stop it.

At least the Chinese do it for food, we do it because we apparently enjoy seeing animals torn to shreds.

This is perhaps the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever posted

Ring Of Steel

I've seen lots of footage of these people seemingly enjoying what they are doing. One was a couple of people blow torching a dog to death with a crowd stood about like its normal. But ok, we're worse...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I don’t propose putting links up to the incidents that happen in the U.K. every day, you are very passionate about proving “we are better than them” so you carry on.

but like I said- very depressing how even now for certain people the only people worthy of raising questions to are these barbaric, filthy Chinese, you know all 1.4bn of them that go around doing this every day.

Astute

No I’m not saying that at all. I’m saying there may be some creative license or dramatisation. As I said, I don’t doubt the problems are already huge so please stop making up things I’ve said. You were always blaming people for doing that to you during the brexit thread so let’s not end up like that.

It doesn’t have to black and white, true not true. I’m sure the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Look back. You and a couple of others made out it isn't true. Pathetic.

Astute

This is perhaps the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever posted
Always on the case of defending the underdog no matter how barbaric they are.

Even the Chinese are starting to stand up against it in vast numbers.

Astute

I didn’t make out it wasn’t true at all. I replied to your original link by saying it was “horrific”.

And agreed with someone telling me it was false......

Grendel

we’re back to the “so you’d rather be in Italy?” school of debate.

No we are looking at your blatant defence of a brutal regime and wonder why this is. The irony is if you were in China you’d be many weeks ago have been sent to a corrective learning centre if you’d been so critical of their government as you have with ours and no doubt you and your family would have contracted Covid 19 and never be seen again, it’s a random stance you are adopting.

Brighton Sky Blue

Stock response from someone who can’t respond. Unless you can highlight the nutritional benefits of fox hunting?

No you’ve claimed that we enjoy seeing animals torn to pieces-and seem to cite the activities of the elite as the evidence. Wasn’t long ago you were repeating the absurd idea of vaccines causing autism either.

This is the problem when you don’t do your homework

djr8369

And agreed with someone telling me it was false......

He didn’t say it was false, he doubted it was written by a health worker. I gave it a like because it’s right to be open minded that there might be some creativity/editing there. He even said he doesn’t doubt it’s happening, as did I.

Astute

He didn’t say it was false, he doubted it was written by a health worker. I gave it a like because it’s right to be open minded that there might be some creativity/editing there. He even said he doesn’t doubt it’s happening, as did I.

It said it wasn't written by the health worker. It said she told what had happened in the last week. But let's continue to bullshit the article with false comments.

The coventrian

Even that article is full of tory propaganda "Even despite Boris' pleas last night, the Tube is packed again".... "your grandmother survived the Blitz"
Not a bit of analysis about why there is a shortage of beds, equipment and PPE unsurprisingly from a Tory rag.
London is a shithole. A wager the majority that flout the rules are foreigners who are either thick as fuck or just dont give a shit.

djr8369

It said it wasn't written by the health worker. It said she told what had happened in the last week. But let's continue to bullshit the article with false comments.

Yes he did say that so why claim people are denying that the situation is happening when both of us explicitly said it was?

It’s almost certain some kind of verbal transcript or rough notes put together by an editor.

Brighton Sky Blue

Always on the case of defending the underdog no matter how barbaric they are.

Even the Chinese are starting to stand up against it in vast numbers.

He will usually have half a point most of the time then goes to the absurd extremes. Or spend more time one upping people than having substantive arguments

Ring Of Steel

OK we hear you. The rest of the world is as bad as China.

“As bad” in what way?

China lacks even the most basic sanitation in some wet markets. It’s a death trap and they need to be told that they will get a grip or sanctions go in. There are 1.4bn people in China and a small fraction are engaged in this stuff- which having seen it is unlike anything you could imagine, it’s like a horror film.

But.. you can’t write off an entire country as barbaric & dirty based on that, if you do I will point out that the entire U.K. is barbaric and twisted based on the small fraction that go out tearing foxes to pieces.

And in any case can anyone really see our government (whatever party) trying to put sanctions on China? We wrote a letter of apology for even referring to ‘Tibet’ if memory serves- it ain’t gonna happen. Only way that works is multiple nations acting together, which subsequently suggests that going around slagging off those same multiple countries is stupid. It’s a global problem, all this “we are the best” stuff is pathetic. Unilaterally deciding that China are dirty and “they need to be told to fuck off” is a waste of time and just allows people to get some anti-Chinese sentiment off their chests.

So there you go. As always the usual suspects unable to have any balance whatsoever and turning it into an exercise in jingoistic sabre-rattling.

Astute

Yes he did say that so why claim people are denying that the situation is happening when both of us explicitly said it was?

It’s almost certain some kind of verbal transcript or rough notes put together by an editor.

Do I need to quote his.post? Are you also going to defend the China food markets and festivals?

Users who are viewing this thread