Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (44 Viewers)

TomRad85

Londoners are now only permitted one stabbing each per day.
Can't get Corona if someone stabs you first.
543ad8575bd9626d783e075c91a53c1f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

It’s how it started here and eventually got stricter, now I can’t even leave the house for a fecking walk.

They ramp it up rather than putting too many restrictions at first.

I think there's a chance that might not happen here if people don't take the piss though no doubt the same fucking idiots who invaded the memorial park and Snowdon and the London markets won't be able to help themselves.

fernandopartridge

Plenty of restaurants around this way have quickly spun up takeaway facilities, to try and keep their head above the water whilst social distancing is underway. I couldn't hear anything in Johnson's speech that helps them as not sure whether going to collect a meal constitutes shopping or not. Likewise boozers trying to sell off beer.

Let's be honest here, the government has fucked this right up. It's been behind the curve on everything.

CCFCSteve

I think there's a chance that might not happen here if people don't take the piss though no doubt the same fucking idiots who invaded the memorial park and Snowdon and the London markets won't be able to help themselves.

Agree Clint. Could be avoided but won’t be, thick and selfish not a good combo !

CCFCSteve

Plenty of restaurants around this way have quickly spun up takeaway facilities, to try and keep their head above the water whilst social distancing is underway. I couldn't hear anything in Johnson's speech that helps them as not sure whether going to collect a meal constitutes shopping or not. Likewise boozers trying to sell off beer.

Let's be honest here, the government has fucked this right up. It's been behind the curve on everything.

Yep, all the governments fault Fernando

djr8369

Really hope mail order alcohol is one of the essentials

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Well at least that's all nice and clear. FFS, people couldn't follow don't go out, make it simpler not more nuanced.

There's a lot been said, and I agree, about the effects of total lock down on mental health.
I think they've had that in mind when announcing these measures.
They've forgot to factor in one important metric though- by and large, the British public are arseholes.

Astute

It’s how it started here and eventually got stricter, now I can’t even leave the house for a fecking walk.

They ramp it up rather than putting too many restrictions at first.
Oh well. They will soon learn.

Astute

So we want to stop the spread between households but you can still go to work with hundreds of others from other households, hmmmm
Places not important will be shut. Places needed will stay open. Places left open will need workers.

shmmeee

Great already got the ex using this as an excuse to not drop the kids back when it’s my turn.

Right steps, could do with more clarity on what’s actually “essential” both work and travel.

Astute

There's a lot been said, and I agree, about the effects of total lock down on mental health.
I think they've had that in mind when announcing these measures.
They've forgot to factor in one important metric though- by and large, the British public are arseholes.
It is getting to most already on full lockdown. It is hard to understand what it is like until it happens.

The comments on here will soon change. Just like they gradually have. It was always going to happen after the millions of idiots this last weekend took no notice.

chiefdave

Plus they are still relying on people to be honest about what they are doing outside. No police powers yet
BBC said:
Senior police officers are reluctant to get involved in continental-style enforcement.

The police are also expecting to lose a lot of their officers due to illness or family illness over the coming weeks.

Brighton Sky Blue

There isn't any social contact involved in a dude picking up cooked food and leaving it on your doorstep. Pretty sure that can continue.

djr8369

Places not important will be shut. Places needed will stay open. Places left open will need workers.

They’ve said shops shouldn’t open but there are plenty of jobs that aren’t important and are still open. I’ve got mates going to offices because their bosses have told them it’s “business as normal”. As far as I’m aware they haven’t said key workers only, anywhere can open if they’re not public spaces?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David O'Day

The piece after explained they cant even shut shops are gave to rely on heavy persuasion.

Might change once the new bill clears both houses on thursday

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread