Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (40 Viewers)

Astute

Not good news from France. 3838 new cases and 186 more deaths.

fellatio_Martinez

McDonalds should have just shut without any fanfare. Instead they created a situation where loads of people descend on one place and created a massive buzz around their brand.

giphy.gif

Ring Of Steel

FFS- trying to organise flowers for my dear old mum who is locked indoors 500 miles away, go onto Interflora international delivery and I'm immediately shown bloody wreaths, funeral bouquets, ads for them to liaise with "the funeral director of your choice"- jesus christ what kind of state are we in

Grendel

I haven't kept up with any of this today- whats the story, slightly encouraging news from Italy & Spain, bad for France & for us?

Out rates have flattened to 50 or so a day we haven’t yet had the peak these countries experienced at this time

Grendel

ok- thank you for that. Peak is on the way then.

not necessarily I think that’s optimistic it’s very unlikely our curve would be that low

CCFCSteve

Out rates have flattened to 50 or so a day we haven’t yet had the peak these countries experienced at this time

Agree, more positive fatality numbers yesterday and today but cases are surging. My concern is that we are only really testing hospital admissions so I’m guessing a large proportion of our confirmed cases are potentially in hospital.

We are all in the shit to varying extents (and timings). As I’ve said before, this isn’t a time for finger pointing, we just all need to be working together (countries and the public) to get through this

ps USAs numbers are shooting up as well and a load of the country don’t have health care. These are truly worrying times.

Ring Of Steel

not necessarily I think that’s optimistic it’s very unlikely our curve would be that low

bloody hell

I just saw figures here- its harder to get the straight facts here for whatever reason (needs someone to knock up a graph :) ) but from what I can tell its a scary rise in cases but deaths low so far.

Ring Of Steel

Agree, more positive fatality numbers yesterday and today but cases are surging. My concern is that we are only really testing hospital admissions so I’m guessing a large proportion of our confirmed cases are potentially in hospital.

We are all in the shit to varying extents (and timings). As I’ve said before, this isn’t a time for finger pointing, we just all need to be working together (countries and the public) to get through this

ps USAs numbers are shooting up as well and a load of the country don’t have health care. These are truly worrying times.

Where do you start with USA- I saw that some medical guy directly contradicted Trump on live TV yesterday- something Fauchi was it? Trump was accusing someone of being a bad journalist for questioning the emergency and this guy stood up and agreed with the reporter.

Johhny Blue

Where do you start with USA- I saw that some medical guy directly contradicted Trump on live TV yesterday- something Fauchi was it? Trump was accusing someone of being a bad journalist for questioning the emergency and this guy stood up and agreed with the reporter.
The reporter asked Trump "What would you say to Americans that are scared" and Trump said "I would tell them that you're a bad reporter"
The guy makes Boris look like Einstein

CCFCSteve

Trumps now confident it’s done and dusted in 15 days !!! (Well economy moving again)

ps they were debating on the radio earlier if the two medical experts would even attend the next press conference with him !

chiefdave

I saw that some medical guy directly contradicted Trump on live TV yesterday- something Fauchi was it? Trump was accusing someone of being a bad journalist for questioning the emergency and this guy stood up and agreed with the reporter.
CNN said:
The nation's top infectious disease expert, Dr. Anthony Fauci, described the challenges of working with the Trump administration during the coronavirus pandemic in an interview with the journal Science published Sunday.

Asked how he responds to falsehoods from the President during press conferences, Fauci said, "I can't jump in front of the microphone and push him down," according to the interview.

"OK, he said it. Let's try and get it corrected for the next time," Fauci said.

CCFCSteve

The reporter asked Trump "What would you say to Americans that are scared" and Trump said "I would tell them that you're a bad reporter"
The guy makes Boris look like Einstein

He apparently also refused to confirm whether his/his family’s companies would benefit from any of the government assistance !

I know Johnson has his haters but hes not on the same planet as that dangerous clown !

ccfc1234

Trump deals in the politics of positivity regardless of any cross winds that maybe blowing. In election year he is determined not to have this overshadow the relative achievements in his first term. His problem is that the story is so huge globally, he just can't bluster his way through this one.
In bad times people often vote for change and the people around him know this and so do the Democratic party and their supporters.

Grendel

bloody hell

I just saw figures here- its harder to get the straight facts here for whatever reason (needs someone to knock up a graph :) ) but from what I can tell its a scary rise in cases but deaths low so far.

Cases are irrelevant as testing is increasing anyway. Spain has never really had a great testing policy so looks at risk much more I think than a lot of countries. Next 48 hours will determine the correct policy for us

Grendel

Trump deals in the politics of positivity regardless of any cross winds that maybe blowing. In election year he is determined not to have this overshadow the relative achievements in his first term. His problem is that the story is so huge, globally, he just can't bluster he way through this one. In bad times people often vote for change and the people around him know this and so do the Democratic party and their supporters.

They have nominated Ukrainian Joe though

ccfc1234

He seems to be in favour of sending everyone back to work as the economy is more important than people dying.

In reality if it came to it almost every capitalist nation would need to do this. EVENTUALLY. The short time scale he is considering is defeatist and everyone who knows someone who was significantly affected would surely think twice before voting him back in?
They have nominated Ukrainian Joe though
Its a poor choice by the Democratic party and it gives Trump a shot as like the email scandal and charitable trusts of the Clinton campaign. Trump has an angle of attack from the off.

Last edited:

Grendel

It's a good job you politically illiterate as well as economically illiterate. Remember when you claimed devaluing the pound was a good idea? Fucking gold

Want a charity bet on it? Which given the current uncertainty works in your favour

Users who are viewing this thread