Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (27 Viewers)

PVA

If lockdown is announced tonight hopefully it's set out properly, none of this halfway house shit we've had so far (eg we will keep the pubs open but we'd prefer it if you didn't go).

It will be a welcome announcement, though too late. Turkey and Denmark have just announced/extended their lockdowns and they only have 16 deaths between them.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Have they said why they reduced tube service? Seems insane to do that while you’ve still got big passenger numbers.

Fewer workers/drivers due to self-isolation. Unable to sanitize that many carriages? Would appear to be exacerbating the problem.

Sky Blue Pete

There is some useful stuff on there, but my god- I just saw an interview with a Spanish doctor who tearfully explained how he makes the call on which ventilators to remove from over 65s in order to transfer them to the younger people who have more chance of surviving, and how he then sedates the older people so they're not in pain when they die, alone.

And yet we can't stop ourselves from going to the fucking market & to the park.

I don't know who the doctor is but he is something else, these people in healthcare are seeing & doing things that most of us will never comprehend, and they are absolute giants of human beings, cannot give them enough respect & admiration, words don't begin to cover it.

Stay at fucking home
Link?

Liquid Gold

I'm sure there will be deaths of people that are young and healthy but the odds are incredibly tiny. Just because a person doesn't fit the trend doesn't mean the trend isn't correct. Again, of those tested positive in Korea 57% were 49 or under, many with no symptoms whatsoever and only 3 died.

Stay indoors unless you have to go out, wash your hands whenever you've been out or in contact with anyone but don't create some mad panic. People's mental health is going to be strained anyway, no need to make it worse.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I didn’t believe and tried it when you posted was shocked

Only checked because the 1.4 infection rate being 14 at the 10th level looked a bit low for exponential growth. Had no issues that the 3 infection rate could be that high. Just decided to check it as I was doing the other one.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'm sure there will be deaths of people that are young and healthy but the odds are incredibly tiny. Just because a person doesn't fit the trend doesn't mean the trend isn't correct. Again, of those tested positive in Korea 57% were 49 or under, many with no symptoms whatsoever and only 3 died.

Stay indoors unless you have to go out, wash your hands whenever you've been out or in contact with anyone but don't create some mad panic. People's mental health is going to be strained anyway, no need to make it worse.

Although I agree on the whole, there will be quite a few seemingly fit, healthy young people who will only survive this due to medical assistance and critical care. And for each one of those that requires that ventilator will mean someone else, quite likely older, will be denied use of one that could be the difference between them living or dying.

In the end that could be a big factor on discrepancies between death rate of young and old - doctors being forced to play God and decide those who live and those who die. Thank fuck I'm not someone who has to make those calls - I don't think I'd be able to cope mentally. I hope those that do are given as much psychological help as they need afterwards to cope with the decisions they've had to make. I can see a lot of PTSD in the medical services after this crisis - only comparable thing must be a warzone.

Ring Of Steel

Although I agree on the whole, there will be quite a few seemingly fit, healthy young people who will only survive this due to medical assistance and critical care. And for each one of those that requires that ventilator will mean someone else, quite likely older, will be denied use of one that could be the difference between them living or dying.

In the end that could be a big factor on discrepancies between death rate of young and old - doctors being forced to play God and decide those who live and those who die. Thank fuck I'm not someone who has to make those calls - I don't think I'd be able to cope mentally. I hope those that do are given as much psychological help as they need afterwards to cope with the decisions they've had to make. I can see a lot of PTSD in the medical services after this crisis - only comparable thing must be a warzone.
I think every word of that is spot on.

Brighton Sky Blue

There will also be many more who have had the virus and shown no symptoms. Until we can identify those people in particular we are kind of in the dark about which factors make people more susceptible.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

So why say it? Not meaning to be a dick I'm just intreeged
Because it could be six months. I’m self isolating for 12 weeks then what? Oh yes I finish the 12 weeks and go back to eke work at the height of the pandemic and take another 12 weeks so that’s 24 weeks. After 24 weeks it still hasn’t gone so I take a further 12 weeks so now that’s 36 weeks. Then????? And your post has nothing to do with you being intrigued

mr_monkey

Because it could be six months. I’m self isolating for 12 weeks then what? Oh yes I finish the 12 weeks and go back to eke work at the height of the pandemic and take another 12 weeks so that’s 24 weeks. After 24 weeks it still hasn’t gone so I take a further 12 weeks so now that’s 36 weeks. Then????? And your post has nothing to do with you being intrigued

I am genuinely interested in how people with no medical experience or expertise come up with these figures hence why im intrigued in where you come up with the 6 months.

The height of the Pandemic is not going to be in 12 weeks, that's been proven by people much cleverer and knowledgeable than you and me, we are reaching the peak in the next 3/4 weeks if we follow the same path as Italy and Germany.

There is no need to pull figures out of your arse and present them as facts

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I am genuinely interested in how people with no medical experience or expertise come up with these figures hence why im intrigued in where you come up with the 6 months.

The height of the Pandemic is not going to be in 12 weeks, that's been proven by people much cleverer and knowledgeable than you and me, we are reaching the peak in the next 3/4 weeks if we follow the same path as Italy and Germany.

Who was presenting them as facts chief medical officer has said the peak would be in June. As per usual you are just being a twat.

Ring Of Steel

I think the lockdown is getting to me, I found myself enjoying a Piers Morgan clip today as he dismembered Matt Hancock about the disastrous herd immunity plan.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

There will also be many more who have had the virus and shown no symptoms. Until we can identify those people in particular we are kind of in the dark about which factors make people more susceptible.

I agree. Just when they feel like they know who it's going to affect badly someone comes along that doesn't seem to fit the criteria.

It would be very useful if there was a way to see if a person had specific Covid19 white blood cells via a test afterwards at the doctors to get a measure of who had had it, and also find out those that had not displayed symptoms. I doubt that's possible though, and even if it was would likely be very costly and time consuming.

Astute

Do you have medical experience or expertise?

So nobody should state what the experts have said but it is OK for you to state 3 to 4 weeks?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We don't know if the reason these peaks have occurred because of all the measures put in place. Once these are loosened or removed it could result in a second wave of infections, then maybe a third or fourth which will require the restrictions being put back in place numerous times. No-one's entirely sure yet that reinfection might not occur if the disease itself mutates.

mr_monkey

Who was presenting them as facts chief medical officer has said the peak would be in June. As per usual you are just being a twat.

Not recently they haven't, not trying to be a twat just trying to understand why people spew so much absolute bullshit in a time where there is so little information around and people are scared to fuck about it

I'm not the one pulling figures out of their arse and presenting it as facts, that's my issue with the whole situation right now... It's not a personal attack on yourself just an observation that's all

Users who are viewing this thread