Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (63 Viewers)

BackRoomRummermill

I have ordered deliveries for the next 4 weeks once per week from Morrison’s , great I hate supermarkets

BackRoomRummermill

Always had one for the kids. Wife even took kids away when I worked weekends. She used to love the look of blokes when she got in drivers seat. But you don't have to drive miles to have fun. Just being outside is great especially for kids. Eventually went to motorhomes as quicker and easier for wife to set up.

Just got a caravan to take to wife. Extra space for visitors and the 18 year old to get peace. Typical bad timing by myself.

Good on your Mrs , it’s very rare to see a woman towing - their job is co pilot and director/nagger

Astute

We have a small off site storage unit on the estate next to our main factory.
There's a big facility next door does paper products.
Was over there earlier and there were 3 18T lorries getting loaded with toilet paper.
Bet they're on 24/7 at the minute
We always run 24/7.

We don't have a shortage of toilet rolls. But you can only send out a certain amount at a time. We make about 3.5 million a day.

Britain has more than enough loo roll for people to stop panic buying, according to Andrex manufacturer

Astute

In a definitive way, or asked them to close? Sorry, I didn't see the press conference, I am in my not key office due to my boss being deluded :rolleyes::facepalm:
I watched it on Sky news.

usskyblue

Just tired and stressed out now. Been building Lego with my lad for the last 3 hours.

Have you done parent Lego training m8?

giphy.gif

wingy

Anyone got any theories on Japan's numbers?
Seem low and stable .Removed their state of emergency about a week ago.
Finally looks like they've accepted reality re the Olympics

Astute

I can’t reverse either to be fair , I am like a fanny with a motor mover
Very easy. If you want the back of van to go to right you use your right hand on steering wheel upwards. To tur it to the left your left hand steers upwards. Don't do it too sharply. When van is nearly level where you want it you steer vehicle level to van. Just small corrections needed then if any.

Astute

Anyone got any theories on Japan's numbers?
Seem low and stable .Removed their state of emergency about a week ago.
Finally looks like they've accepted reality re the Olympics
The Japanese respect authority. They would have done exactly as told.

Grendel

Apparently it was a nightmare. Huge queues in and out the store - then of course the breakfast menu stopped at the given time and people were shouting g and screaming at staff

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Just saw this:

Normal Flu - Rate of Infection is 1.4 so patient Zero passes it to 1.4 peoplele and with those 1.4 passing it to 1.4 etc going 10 levels down the line means patient Zero has infected 14 people

Covid-19 - Rate of Infection is 3 (doesn't sound much difference does it?), but patient Zero passing it to 3 and those 3 passing it to 3 and so on means that when you get to level 10 then patient Zero is responsible for 59,000 cases

Think you've not go that quite right.

Level....Infections (1.4)...... Infections (3)
2.................... 1.40.................... 3
3.................... 1.96.................... 9
4.................... 2.74.................... 27
5.................... 3.84.................... 81
6.................... 5.37.................... 243
7 .................... 7.52.................... 729
8.................... 10.54.................... 2187
9.................... 14.75.................... 6561
10.................... 20.65.................... 19683
11.................... 28.91.................... 59049

shmmeee

I saw the video he’s quoting. He got the quote right but you’re right the original was wrong. Still a massive difference though.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The rumours that appear on Facebook etc. It's serious and it can get and will get worse but when 12% of icu beds are used by Covid-19 patients people running around saying the hospitals are overcrowded already and can't fit anymore icu patients is morally wrong.

So there aren't any other people critically ill and in intensive care other than those with Covid19? No heart attacks, stroke victims, sepsis, severe injuries from accidents etc?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I didn’t believe and tried it when you posted was shocked

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

“The patient then enters a waiting room and sits with all other suspected cases”

Ummm....

That does seem a very silly thing to do. Even if you haven't got it when you turn up sitting in that room which will almost certainly have/had people in it that do means you'll likely have it before you leave.

wingy

See the G20 did a teleconference this morning.
Wonder how aligned their policies will be .
Meanwhile I read that this method of communication is boosting SK's economy .
So there will be winners.

mr_monkey

Note to self: go on twitter at lunchtime and you will come away convinced that everyone is going to die before 9pm. Cease going on twitter at lunchtime.

Mate I'm staying as far away from social media as I can until this is over, so many people around with so much medical experience and instead of helping on the front line they choose to use their expertise to rant on twitter/Facebook ;)

Ring Of Steel

I have to say, I'm not enjoying the information age!

Once this is over, I might emigrate to Vanuatu or somewhere.

...along with everyone else, mind you...

There is some useful stuff on there, but my god- I just saw an interview with a Spanish doctor who tearfully explained how he makes the call on which ventilators to remove from over 65s in order to transfer them to the younger people who have more chance of surviving, and how he then sedates the older people so they're not in pain when they die, alone.

And yet we can't stop ourselves from going to the fucking market & to the park.

I don't know who the doctor is but he is something else, these people in healthcare are seeing & doing things that most of us will never comprehend, and they are absolute giants of human beings, cannot give them enough respect & admiration, words don't begin to cover it.

Stay at fucking home

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread