Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (101 Viewers)

clint van damme

Same thing. People ignore the advice because it isn’t clear and the importance hasn’t been gotten across.

the Tweet you just posted was spot on and in my opinion the criticisms were valid.
But I don't think you can look at some of the gathering yesterday and blame it on mixed messages and unclear advice, people were just being wilfully negligent as far as I'm concerned.

shmmeee

the Tweet you just posted was spot on and in my opinion the criticisms were valid.
But I don't think you can look at some of the gathering yesterday and blame it on mixed messages and unclear advice, people were just being wilfully negligent as far as I'm concerned.

There’ll be a mix, look at Liwuid Gold on here before and we were sure whether to tell him to go to the park or not and we’re all devouring information. There will be a non-negligible number who either don’t know about it or don’t know how serious it is or don’t know what they’re supposed to do because the government has put no effort into telling them other than a new conference and even then the messaging has been poor.

All this “people are cunts” narrative sounds like the excuses you’d get from poor teachers about “unteachable” classes to me. Just an excuse for poor management of the situation.

Ring Of Steel

There’ll be a mix, look at Liwuid Gold on here before and we were sure whether to tell him to go to the park or not and we’re all devouring information. There will be a non-negligible number who either don’t know about it or don’t know how serious it is or don’t know what they’re supposed to do because the government has put no effort into telling them other than a new conference and even then the messaging has been poor.

All this “people are cunts” narrative sounds like the excuses you’d get from poor teachers about “unteachable” classes to me. Just an excuse for poor management of the situation.

Not all, no, but I would have thought if you rock up to Tesco during the NHS only hour and act the twat, then that qualifies you as something of a c**t.

How are they managing these set aside hours, is it all based on trust or is there any system in place

covcity4life

Bit of both i think

Time for a no nonsese speech or lockdown now. Leave no one in any doubt whats expected of them

David O'Day

Dr Ron Daniels icu consultant from good hope hospital and covid-19 lead was just on the bbc and said West Midlands hospitals are ok at the moment

Skybluefaz

No it isn't bad enough. If it was we wouldn't have untold idiots ignoring every bit of advice.

If we listened to advice we wouldn't have to go into lockdown. But the open spaces are crowded. Shops are close to riot scenes. We have idiots trying to make out it isn't a problem. Maybe it is because they are themselves fit and healthy so personally don't see it as a problem. After all it is others that will die.
Cool, let's have the riots and people killing each other over baked beans

Nick

Administrator
No it isn't bad enough. If it was we wouldn't have untold idiots ignoring every bit of advice.

If we listened to advice we wouldn't have to go into lockdown. But the open spaces are crowded. Shops are close to riot scenes. We have idiots trying to make out it isn't a problem. Maybe it is because they are themselves fit and healthy so personally don't see it as a problem. After all it is others that will die.
The shops have been a problem since the start in terms of spreading it.

It has been played down as "people need to eat".

PCH

Dr Ron Daniels icu consultant from good hope hospital and covid-19 lead was just on the bbc and said West Midlands hospitals are ok at the moment
Well that’s good to hear isn’t it but don’t say it too loudly. Positive news doesn’t go down well on here.

Nick

Administrator
Pictures of people travelling on the tube just ridiculous. They're jammed in like sardines - made worse by a reduction in services.
For whatever reason they are travelling that level of confinement like a form of Russian roulette.
Exactly, it makes it all pointless

shmmeee

Have they said why they reduced tube service? Seems insane to do that while you’ve still got big passenger numbers.

Nick

Administrator
Have they said why they reduced tube service? Seems insane to do that while you’ve still got big passenger numbers.
You would think they would have people checking to see if they NEED to be on there before they even get in the station.

No point letting pricks going for a jolly on

BackRoomRummermill

All don’t forget to tune into Sturgeon at lunchtime update , 80 per cent of what she says is what’s passed on from Bojo for her to leak out . I must admit though for all I don’t agree with her she is coming across well . She doing a decent job at the press conferences , that’s me being balanced as I really cannot stand what she stands for

Astute

Work has just called me. I have been informed that I am classed as a key worker. Work have offered to cover all childcare costs if there wasn't a local school open for them.

I only make bog rolls for a living........

Astute

You really think that was me arguing? I give up you are the winner. Hope that feels grand. You can boast about it to your friends on the Sunderland forum.
You are my hero. Try to cause arguments whilst saying you have had enough of the arguments on here.

David O'Day

Well that’s good to hear isn’t it but don’t say it too loudly. Positive news doesn’t go down well on here.
He made the point that they have looked at and spoken to colleagues in Italy and they are trying to learn the lessons and plan accordingly. They have also been looking at what is happening in london and taking lessons from there.

robbiethemole

Not all, no, but I would have thought if you rock up to Tesco during the NHS only hour and act the twat, then that qualifies you as something of a c**t.

How are they managing these set aside hours, is it all based on trust or is there any system in place

we went to our local Tesco superstore yesterday (my wife is a midwife) and the place was only allowing NHS in on production of ID, however the shelves weren't full and we never got toilet roll! Lots of people were cramming in and not keeping apart either, these people should know better. It looked like lots were admin/ ancillary workers rather then nurses/doctors etc.
My wife will have to keep going to work for the foreseeable future, I am a private chiropodist and have just cancelled all my patients, and selfemployed so no money coming in now!
We need to take this fucker SERIOUSLY, take care of your loved ones and yourselves and we'll get through this.

David O'Day

we went to our local Tesco superstore yesterday (my wife is a midwife) and the place was only allowing NHS in on production of ID, however the shelves weren't full and we never got toilet roll! Lots of people were cramming in and not keeping apart either, these people should know better. It looked like lots were admin/ ancillary workers rather then nurses/doctors etc.
My wife will have to keep going to work for the foreseeable future, I am a private chiropodist and have just cancelled all my patients, and selfemployed so no money coming in now!
We need to take this fucker SERIOUSLY, take care of your loved ones and yourselves and we'll get through this.
The domestics and porters and other staff are just as vital mate.

No need for nhs snobbery

Users who are viewing this thread