Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (30 Viewers)

Skybluefaz

I'm convinced that most people on here will hate it when/if restrictions end & there won't be any lockdowns - to insult other posters just because they're of the opinion that,say,lockdowns don't work is ridiculous - we don't all have to think the same way in case some of you hadn't noticed
Your opinion doesn't change the facts and you are going to get called out on it if you can't provide anything to back it up.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'm convinced that most people on here will hate it when/if restrictions end & there won't be any lockdowns - to insult other posters just because they're of the opinion that,say,lockdowns don't work is ridiculous - we don't all have to think the same way in case some of you hadn't noticed

But 'lockdowns don't work' has peer-reviewed, quantifiable data to disprove it.

It's not the question 'do you want another lockdown?' or 'do you think another lockdown is necessary?', which are matters of opinion.

Ian1779

It’s only grifters and snowflakes that say dumb shit like this.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

No doubt some on here will be in support of this.

It really is impossible to please some people isn't it.

"How dare Austria go into lockdown to contain the spread of the virus!"
"Well, we'll get everyone vaccinated so we don't need a lockdown then."
"How dare you make people get a vaccine!"
"A lockdown it is then"
"How dare you impose a lockdown!"

repeat ad infinitum

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It really is impossible to please some people isn't it.

"How dare Austria go into lockdown to contain the spread of the virus!"
"Well, we'll get everyone vaccinated so we don't need a lockdown then."
"How dare you make people get a vaccine!"
"A lockdown it is then"
"How dare you impose a lockdown!"

repeat ad infinitum

They are making it the law to be vaccinated, and if you are ok with people being forced to get a vaccine then you´re a wrongun.

skyblue1991

You've got to say now that we're starting to see other European countries go into lockdown (Austria won't be the last) that the UK has got it right and learned from mistakes

We used the summer knowing any virus mortality rate is at its lowest to get the over 40s and vunerable double jabbed, most over 20s single jabbed and breed heard immunity

I will be surprised if we go into lockdown ever again. We may see face coverings still over the winter but I'd take that any day than what we had last year

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

You've got to say now that we're starting to see other European countries go into lockdown (Austria won't be the last) that the UK has got it right and learned from mistakes

We used the summer knowing any virus mortality rate is at its lowest to get the over 40s and vunerable double jabbed, most over 20s single jabbed and breed heard immunity

I will be surprised if we go into lockdown ever again. We may see face coverings still over the winter but I'd take that any day than what we had last year

44000 positive cases today and easily 1000 deaths in the last 7 days. It does seem to have plateaued at this but that’s a lot of sad people with loved ones passing away. I do agree with you though our population being mostly led by science and evidence have responded magnificently to the vaccine rollout

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He’s not he’s just calling into question your logic

What logic? I posted an article and that was it.

Stop making excuses.

"Those refusing to be vaccinated are likely to face administrative fines, which can be converted into a prison sentence if the fine cannot be recovered."

But let´s ignore that and have a go at the person pasting the article. There is a worrying theme on here...

Sick Boy

The current situation in the UK is hardly good.

Sky Blue Pete

Stop making excuses.

"Those refusing to be vaccinated are likely to face administrative fines, which can be converted into a prison sentence if the fine cannot be recovered."

But let´s ignore that and have a go at the person pasting the article. There is a worrying theme on here...
Are you deaf and blind??

I’ve not seen 1 person agree with Austria’s approach but to say

No more lockdowns
No mandated vaccines
No limited lockdowns for groups putting wider society at risk

doesn’t work. You can’t just be against everything you have to be for something

And the logic says you are for freedom to endanger others with no consequence. Well ok but own it

Sick Boy

Stop making excuses.

The UK is doing the same for healthcare workers.

Kieranp96

All over 20 would be double vaxed by now, was made for my ags group 22-25 middle of June

Kieranp96

44000 positive cases today and easily 1000 deaths in the last 7 days. It does seem to have plateaued at this but that’s a lot of sad people with loved ones passing away. I do agree with you though our population being mostly led by science and evidence have responded magnificently to the vaccine rollout
Cases are highest amongst children again as they're back at school out of the 44k today i bet my whole bank balance atleast 70% are under 18.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Stop making excuses.

I'm not supporting the compulsory vaccination, but the consequence of that is an increased likelihood of requiring a lockdown if not enough people have it to reduce hospitalisations.

There seems to be a big overlap of those that are anti-vax and anti-lockdown, but the fact is those people will have to choose the lesser of two evils, or the third option is lots of people dying. For me that's a much worse thing to be preferring compared to the other two.

That point wasn't aimed specifically at you by the way, just that you posted the story.

Kieranp96

You overdrawn? And I’m sure that’s correct. Kids tend to have parents and grandparents thoigh
Over drawn 😜, i guess if you take away like 6x the average yearly wage in the uk, but you're right thats why they should keep testing and vaccinating it really isnt hard, im actually for mandatory vaccinations, especially for the elderly and vulnrable.

Not a flex just sold a property so i have plenty of cash in my bank + im moving countrys so its just sat there atm.

COV

Are you deaf and blind??

I’ve not seen 1 person agree with Austria’s approach but to say

No more lockdowns
No mandated vaccines
No limited lockdowns for groups putting wider society at risk

doesn’t work. You can’t just be against everything you have to be for something

And the logic says you are for freedom to endanger others with no consequence. Well ok but own it

And while you’re at it here’s a fine 👍

shmmeee

Over drawn 😜, i guess if you take away like 6x the average yearly wage in the uk, but you're right thats why they should keep testing and vaccinating it really isnt hard, im actually for mandatory vaccinations, especially for the elderly and vulnrable.

Not a flex just sold a property so i have plenty of cash in my bank + im moving countrys so its just sat there atm.

Was a total flex mate. At least own it.

Philosorapter

Oh, I had my flu and Covid-19 booster today.

People should not be forced to do this against their will.

Grendel

Oh, I had my flu and Covid-19 booster today.

People should not be forced to do this against their will.

They shouldn’t but it’s not unreasonable to place restrictions on people who refuse to actually have a vaccine as it’s then causing issues for the wider community

Even that’s regrettable but there are significant numbers refusing it

NorthernWisdom

They shouldn’t but it’s not unreasonable to place restrictions on people who refuse to actually have a vaccine as it’s then causing issues for the wider community

Yeah, restrictions fine, as it's to protect health services and / or other people... and isn't a permanent state, either. Forcing people to have a vaccine is less fine.

Mind you, people should just man up and have the damned vaccine...

Philosorapter

The vaccine passport is in full swing in Scotland.

Which reminds me.
I need to download the new one to my phone.

SBT

Loads of European countries already have mandatory vaccines for all kinds of diseases. It'll probably be the same with COVID in a few years, if not months. Given how safe and effective this vaccine appears to be, I've no problem with that.

1637349844889.png

Philosorapter

Cases still rising in scotland and wales though where there is restrictions.

The restriction though are minimum. Where I am living, we were in Stage 3,4 lockdown for over a year. Not many people now complaining of not getting around anymore. Even the 'send beer' posters have been coming down from windows.

Users who are viewing this thread