Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (13 Viewers)

chiefdave

That is just a ridiculous comment. A civilised society is not one where we are coughing and spluttering disease over each other.
I don't get why people get so wound up about masks. Are there people who get that wound up about having to wear trousers when they go out?

Fear we won't learn anything from this. Asian countries seem to have no issue with masks since SARS but we will go back to how we were with people coughing and spluttering in public places, going into work when ill etc.

Ccfcisparks

I don't get why people get so wound up about masks. Are there people who get that wound up about having to wear trousers when they go out?

Fear we won't learn anything from this. Asian countries seem to have no issue with masks since SARS but we will go back to how we were with people coughing and spluttering in public places, going into work when ill etc.
Just ludicrous. Some people are convinced that masks are used to silent us. They all live on cloud cuckoo land.

SBAndy

We should be living in a civilised society. Not like muzzled dogs.

I think you may have missed the point a little, and not taken the inferred “if you’re ill” into account. I don’t expect people would be thinking everyone should wear masks at all times on public transport but no harm in doing so under certain circumstances.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

During seasons of the year where cold and flu viruses are more prevalent, wearing a mask on crowded public transport would hopefully reduce transmission between people and reducing the spread of infection.

I respect your point of view, but I just wouldn't like to see it happen.

In a lot of the Asian countries, people wear them when they are ill. I would like to see people who are ill in future stay at home rather than be forced into going to work.

shmmeee

In a lot of the Asian countries, people wear them when they are ill. I would like to see people who are ill in future stay at home rather than be forced into going to work.

Sure that too, but those that aren’t on their way to work, or are mildly ill and can carry on, should, right?

I’d have thought you’d be all for personal responsibility for bringing down NHS spending.

Ian1779

Maybe the approach is more about people taking personal responsibility in this regard rather than a mandatory directive.

Philosorapter

I think that’s what it comes down to. Quite a statement to say that British lives are worth more than any other country though.

That’s another reason to ask lefties, as generally they don’t do nationalism.

That’s your immune system producing a response. It means the vaccine is working.

N'ah, it is pretty standard stuff. WHO was suggesting to make sure the most vulnerable are protected in your own society before making the vaccine readily available for other societies.

Philosorapter

Philosorapter

Of course, if any country gave a damn they would share the information on how to make the vaccine globally. Not just make it and sell it on at cost prices.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We should be living in a civilised society. Not like muzzled dogs.

A civilised society would consider others and would happily put up with the minor inconvenience to try and prevent hundreds of thousands of people getting ill.

Even a selfish one would think it'd give themselves a better chance of not getting ill.

I didn't realise Japan wasn't civilised.

Philosorapter

Not sure the WHO advice is to kill your own people through incompetence then luck your way to a scientific innovation.

A part quote from Duggins reported on 17th December 2020:

“I do think there needs to be a clear balance between Public Health and the consequences for the economy."

“Most people would agree that balance needs to be struck, the emphasis does need to be of course on our colleagues on the health service being able to cope as if they get overrun and can’t handle the situation then we are all in a perilous place.”

--

There are over 125,000 people dead now from this disease in the UK.

I don't know about you shmmeee with your thinking but that is a fucking disaster backed by both of the main political parties.

Brighton Sky Blue

Of course, if any country gave a damn they would share the information on how to make the vaccine globally. Not just make it and sell it on at cost prices.

It isn’t some kind of trade secret, it’s just a question also of having the facilities, supplies and personnel in each country.

shmmeee

A part quote from Duggins reported on 17th December 2020:

“I do think there needs to be a clear balance between Public Health and the consequences for the economy."

“Most people would agree that balance needs to be struck, the emphasis does need to be of course on our colleagues on the health service being able to cope as if they get overrun and can’t handle the situation then we are all in a perilous place.”

--

There are over 125,000 people dead now from this disease in the UK.

I don't know about you shmmeee with your thinking but that is a fucking disaster backed by both of the main political parties.

You are a strange duck

clint van damme

When you say "off this island" do you mean for good or just for holidays?

holiday mate.
Although at the moment I feel like I've had enough of the place and would gladly fuck off for good though I think my pissedoffness is mainly due to a seemingly endless winter and lockdown. Think I'll be okay when the spring weather is here.

SG21

holiday mate.
Although at the moment I feel like I've had enough of the place and would gladly fuck off for good though I think my pissedoffness is mainly due to a seemingly endless winter and lockdown. Think I'll be okay when the spring weather is here.
I hear you. It does increasingly feel like we're stuck on an island with a lot more clowns than I first thought. One of the reasons Scotland and Wales are questioning should they break away. This lockdown has been a lot more rough than the first too.

Grendel

I hear you. It does increasingly feel like we're stuck on an island with a lot more clowns than I first thought. One of the reasons Scotland and Wales are questioning should they break away. This lockdown has been a lot more rough than the first too.

Wales aren’t questioning it other than those who’ve always wanted independence and Scotland support as always is drifting

SG21

Wales aren’t questioning it other than those who’ve always wanted independence and Scotland support as always is drifting

The support is growing though. The recent drop was due to the media (mostly owned by tories) attacking. Even still, it hasn't dropped loads. Wales are not expecting to go next week, but they do see it as a start. Boris has of course tried to stop both Wales and Scotland by defending the treatment of both nations and tory rule, but failed. So, like any good tory, he's doing what they always do. Degrade those against them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread