Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (24 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
I think one take out from this whole thing is that we all need to stop being scummy gits and follow the basic personal hygiene protocols we are being shown regardless of whether we think we have it, have had it or are too cool to catch it. Meaning more hand washing, sneezing / coughing as taught etc. And if you think there’s any way you could still be infectious avoid high-risk environments (schools, care homes, hospital etc).

No guarantees, but common sense to help reduce further spread.

To be honest, anybody who coughs or sneezes without basic manners of covering their mouth and nose needs to be put down anyway.

NortonSkyBlue

We get it. You like Branson. He’s not gonna shag you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually I don't give a shit about Branson but I do believe that blind hatred and ignorance is wrong.
I also find it strange that you believe it is a sexual thing? You need to isolate yourself and get rid of your own frustration...

David O'Day

Actually I don't give a shit about Branson but I do believe that blind hatred and ignorance is wrong.
I also find it strange that you believe it is a sexual thing? You need to isolate yourself and get rid of your own frustration...
Took your posters of him down yet

SkyBlueDom26

I do think social media need to start blocking people like Piers Morgan who just wants to get everybody worked up. No wonder people are panic buying when he's trying to tell everybody it's the end of the world all day every day.

He's proved to be an absolute wanker in all of this, i used to like him but not anymore

shmmeee

I think if the context were presented that narrowly, I'd agree. It's unfortunate that any serious analysis and discussion of world affairs disappeared from the common media years ago. But do I believe at this time that SARS2 will have a worse outcome than swine flu, which on most accounts has the same mortality rate as SARS2, high inflection rate and no immunity or vaccine? No, I don't necessarily: I think we are still trying to understand the risk and impact.

Nor do I want to be too critical but providing statistics such as SARS2 has a 14% mortality rate (from a limited-base denominator) in the elderly without comparison to the fact that the flu rate mortality itself is nearly 7% only doesn't seem overly helpful.

Its not just the mortality rate though is it? It’s the R0, the incubation period, the hospitalisation rate and the lack of a vaccine.

David O'Day

I do think social media need to start blocking people like Piers Morgan who just wants to get everybody worked up. No wonder people are panic buying when he's trying to tell everybody it's the end of the world all day every day.
You need to delete some of the people on here that post the same deluded shite

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

djr8369

What’s he been saying?

shmmeee

This is the bit that worries me more than the damn virus, how the hell I’d look after the kids (without cross-infecting) with zero protective gear (as we were told not to bother) if I or them get ill.

Feels like they want families to self-isolate as a group while the virus ripples through the family before everyone comes out two weeks’ later immune and ready to save the rest of us.

That is exactly what they want. Though of course without testing we don’t know if we are ready to come out and save everyone.

Sky Blue Pete

Briefly from here:

1. We will be open for all of Easter under the same arrangements as the next few weeks.

2. Teachers are likely to be asked to provide grades for GCSE and A level students.

3. Due to the right to appeal being maintained we have been asked to estimate as high a grade as realistically possible.

I can’t describe how I feel at this moment but I have already bollocked students celebrating what is going on.
What would you prefer?

clint van damme

Okay I will leave you with your facts.

there's no such thing as my facts there's just facts. You said:

Virgin Atlantic is currently 49% owned by Delta Airlines, with an additional stake of 31% recently acquired by Ai France-KLM.

You're wrong.

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

and read point 5 in the editors notes of this article:

Air France, KLM, Delta and Virgin Atlantic Launch World’s Leading Partnership | Air France - Corporate

"The customer benefits of the joint venture are unaffected by the recent confirmation that Air France-KLM will no longer buy a 31 per cent stake in Virgin Atlantic. Virgin Group will retain its 51 per cent majority stake in Virgin Atlantic, with Delta continuing to hold 49 per cent."

Nick

Administrator
You need to delete some of the people on here that post the same deluded shite

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

To be fair, they aren't high profile.

Same as Stan Collymore going round Supermarkets taking photos of people stockpiling, what does he think thats going to do? People will then see it and rush out to get somethintg.

djr8369

Stepping up testing to 25,000 a day, it is obvious that if that is ramped up then confirmed cases will go up compared to when they were testing say 5,000.

Might get more useful to look at the percentage of positive tests which has been rising the last few days.

tisza

Stepping up testing to 25,000 a day, it is obvious that if that is ramped up then confirmed cases will go up compared to when they were testing say 5,000.
Govt here just admitted they've managed just over 2200 tests since it kicked off.

Users who are viewing this thread