Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (51 Viewers)

Astute

Read the twitter thread.
Read the Twatter thread?

You asked what is wrong with it. I stated a lot of things. Yet you reply to none other than read Twatter thread.

Sounds like you don't have a clue.

Astute

I wish more people off the floor became senior staff in companies, people with real life experience and practical knowledge instead of bollock speaking, self indulgent, posh boys.
It happens in the company I work for. There are no limits. Anyone can apply for any job in the corporation. All jobs are listed online.

But most people change when they get a big promotion. It comes with the responsibility. Those who don't change don't go any higher.

djr8369

It happens in the company I work for. There are no limits. Anyone can apply for any job in the corporation. All jobs are listed online.

But most people change when they get a big promotion. It comes with the responsibility. Those who don't change don't go any higher.

Engineering company isn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark82

Self employed mate (just me). Sorry. You’re a decent, sensible bloke so sure you’ll be fine (little comfort I appreciate but you know what I mean)....maybe Nick can pay you to be a moderator ?!

If he's going to start paying people I'd like to be paid.

Edit: if you check with people on Twitter, I think you'll find that Joy pays us.

dancers lance

I worked my way up in a company that I joined on a 13 week agency contract, (I basically swept the 'goods inwards' floor), to a senior role in management within 8 years, I worked every role and every shift in the company and became purchasing manager with over 100 staff and average 19 million pound weekly spend. I can honestly tell you I never changed, but I did see many people come and go, from all walks of life. From fast tracked graduates to internally promoted staff members who, I agree, did change, and leveled off (mainly because they became self indulgent and offered nothing new).

I've always been a bit of a rebel and I enjoy pushing people out of their comfort zone, so, I would argue everything, even at management meetings, but I always spoke the truth. Line towing managers hated it, but the people who owned the company listened and acted, in my opinion it was quite refreshing for them not to hear a load of butt licking, submissive speak, from managers that offered nothing.

Johhny Blue

No. My job is making toilet rolls. All big machinery so we have a lot of mechanical work.[/QUOTE]
Do you have any extras?

BackRoomRummermill

My thoughts on this whole situation , number 1 priority is look after yourself in that I mean lay off the booze , eat more healthily , a little more activity and I mean walking type stuff , treat your body well . It will put you in a good place and build up immunity . Only you can do it and after a couple of weeks you will be surprised , it will save you money and you will glad about it .

Johhny Blue

I worked my way up in a company that I joined on a 13 week agency contract, (I basically swept the 'goods inwards' floor), to a senior role in management within 8 years, I worked every role and every shift in the company and became purchasing manager with over 100 staff and average 19 million pound weekly spend. I can honestly tell you I never changed, but I did see many people come and go, from all walks of life. From fast tracked graduates to internally promoted staff members who, I agree, did change, and leveled off (mainly because they became self indulgent and offered nothing new).

I've always been a bit of a rebel and I enjoy pushing people out of their comfort zone, so, I would argue everything, even at management meetings, but I always spoke the truth. Line towing managers hated it, but the people who owned the company listened and acted, in my opinion it was quite refreshing for them not to hear a load of butt licking, submissive speak, from managers that offered nothing.
How are things at Mc Donalds?

Brylowes

Just seen ‘almost 500 dead in Italy in the last 24 hours.
That is quite a lot
This is going to be horrific for so many people ‘but not necessarily
For your health

Astute

I'm exactly the same.

But had enough of the politics. I changed plants and worked my way back to the bottom. I now have a job I enjoy again. My job gives me the freedom to be anywhere. When there is work to do I continue without a break. But take it easy the rest of the time.

Philosorapter

Guys,

Just a reminder, if you are going to be self isolating in the next few weeks, the standard has been set.

NortonSkyBlue

Who owns Virgin Group, the majority shareholder of Virgin Atlantic, now? Tried googling the answer but not getting anything but Branson.
Virgin Atlantic is currently 49% owned by Delta Airlines, with an additional stake of 31% recently acquired by Ai France-KLM. Branson calls Delta “a great partner” in many areas. This includes his long-running crusade against British Airways, “which went to extraordinary lengths to put us out of business.”Jul 5, 2019
This might help you!

NortonSkyBlue

Mmmm. That just doesn't fit the narrative on here. You must have been fast tracked because your father went to Eton, your trust fund must be enormous and you got the post on the backs of the working man.

clint van damme

I am not going to bite but I never understand how people can hold such opinions about people they have no real knowledge of apart from paper or tv.
How about the tens of thousands of jobs created?
But I am sure you are right....

how can people have opinions of high profile media figures without ever knowing them? Are you serious?
And you're wrong about Branson not having anything to do with Virgin airlines.

clint van damme

Virgin Atlantic is currently 49% owned by Delta Airlines, with an additional stake of 31% recently acquired by Ai France-KLM. Branson calls Delta “a great partner” in many areas. This includes his long-running crusade against British Airways, “which went to extraordinary lengths to put us out of business.”Jul 5, 2019
This might help you!

didn't go through, still 51% owned by the Virgin group.

This might help you!

In Surprise Move, Branson Won't Sell Virgin Stake To AF-KLM

Sky Blue Harry H

Wtf. Your figure is lower than his??

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Suspect he meant 105.000 (without checking for reasonableness - nearer 300 a day?) Funeral directors throughout a nation wouldn't stay in business on 30 a day (without sounding morbid)

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

This might help you!

We get it. You like Branson. He’s not gonna shag you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hill83

You have got him there. Looks like he's in a bit of a pickle.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread