Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (16 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Absolutely. I guess the one justification is he might have been going home to give Covid to a load of other people, who'd then use up resources, but if he wants to go home and die, let him!

He is free to discharge himself and die an agonising death, but they can piss off with storming into a hospital ward and spreading their QAnon level bullshit threatening medical staff.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Vallance at last saying wait until we have reliable data before jumping to conclusions on efficacy

I assume those conclusions will be delivered by Lily the Pink. Has anyone tested her medicinal compound to test it's effectiveness on the virus yet? Seems like a big oversight if we haven't.

Brighton Sky Blue

I assume those conclusions will be delivered by Lily the Pink. Has anyone tested her medicinal compound to test it's effectiveness on the virus yet? Seems like a big oversight if we haven't.

BBC reporters saying it was 'quite a technical' briefing. Got a bit heavy with the talk of 'kid goes to school, kid gets virus, kid goes home, kid gives virus to family' I suppose

Evo1883

Couldn't fully understand the bloke in the video because he obviously had a massive cock in his mouth..

At any point did he ask If AnY 5g ToWeRs had been erected recently

Also despite failing this whole nation a few times already, why does Boris continually push for things to return ASAP irrespective of consequence, he's making the same mistakes time and time again... Fuck me I hope he's voted out at the next election

Brighton Sky Blue

Couldn't fully understand the bloke in the video because he obviously had a massive cock in his mouth..

Also despite failing this whole nation a few times already, why does Boris continually push for things to return ASAP irrespective of consequence, he's making the same mistakes time and time again... Fuck me I hope he's voted out at the next election

He gets people demanding ScHoOLs MuSt ReOpeN and caves under the pressure

Sky Blue Pete

Why does he say he shares parents frustration too

Brylowes

He won’t be.

Brighton Sky Blue

Interesting polling bloke on R4 this evening saying basically although he’s lost his “decisive” image (wut?), he’s basically untouched because “he’s doing the best he can” and people aren’t linking the pandemic to politics.

Unlike in Scotland where Sturgeon mildly tweaking whatever Boris does, being the slowest at vaccine rollout and not actually procuring said vaccine gets her record polling numbers

shmmeee

I can think of a quicker more long term solution.

Im serious. We do it for other hate preachers. Just because his religion is conspiracy theories doesn’t make it any different.

I’m so done with grifters and morons damaging both the public conversation and now public health.

I don’t see how telling people to carry around and spread a deadly virus is any better than telling them to blow up the infidels to be perfectly honest.

Im pretty hard line freedom of speech, but even the US version stops at encouraging public harm. Sadly Johnson is a terrorist sympathiser in this case having made his career from bullshitting idiots just the same.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Interesting polling bloke on R4 this evening saying basically although he’s lost his “decisive” image (wut?), he’s basically untouched because “he’s doing the best he can” and people aren’t linking the pandemic to politics.

Again though, it comes down to the alternative.

I would be all for voting them out, as would a lot of the country I think, but the competition is a joke.

clint van damme

Again though, it comes down to the alternative.

I would be all for voting them out, as would a lot of the country I think, but the competition is a joke.

to be honest this is a very lazy opinion.
Johnson has never shown himself to be a serious politician. A quick look at his time as mayor, as foreign secretary or even as an MP shows that.

He jumped on the Brexit bandwagon when once he was banging the drum for the EU to expand to include Turkey, because he knew people were so invested with it they would ignore everything else.

No matter how bad the alternatives are or were none are as bad as Johnson. Worlds worse per capita covid deaths proves it.
'it could have been worse' is a shameful insult to those that have died because it really couldn't.

Even if you (not you personally) don't care about the death toll, just look at his handling of the public purse. 22 billion for a failed track and trace system is an absolute scandal which fuck all will happen about.

As I said yesterday, political accountability is dead in this country.

Brighton Sky Blue

Johnson has never shown himself to be a serious politician. A quick look at his time as mayor, as foreign secretary or even as an MP shows that.

He jumped on the Brexit bandwagon when once he was banging the drum for the EU to expand to include Turkey, because he knew people were so invested with it they would ignore everything else.

No matter how bad the alternatives are or were none are as bad as Johnson. Worlds worse per capita covid deaths proves it.
'it could have been worse' is a shameful insult to those that have died because it really couldn't.

Even if you (not you personally) don't care about the death toll, just look at his handling of the public purse. 22 billion for a failed track and trace system is an absolute scandal which fuck all will happen about.

The country will be dead as a collective entity soon as a result of this moron. The SNP and Sinn Féin’s wet dream was Brexit and a bumper Boris majority. Doesn’t matter how shit they both are

Seamus1

A wonderful quote I heard, sadly I cannot remember the source (it might have been on James O’Brien’s LBC programme), is that Johnson wanted two things; to become Prime Minister and to say that he was Prime Minister. Sadly the bit in between of actually being Prime Minister is somewhat of an inconvenience.

I personally think that Johnson’s biggest problem is that his whole empire is built on lies. Everyone knows the lies he told in order to get Brexit ‘done’ (remember when he was on the stage waving a fish about, falsely claiming that EU rules stated it needed to be packed in a certain way?) emphasised by Richard Littlejohn writing a column entitled ‘I know Johnson is lying, but I love it’...now at a time when the country most requires credibility in a leader, nobody believes what he says and so ignore what he says.

Brighton Sky Blue

Former Director of Public Prosecutions, worked his way up through hard work and diligence, vs a bumbling toff who's been sacked for lying, colluded to try and get somebody beaten up, and is renowned for his lazy gags, lack of attention to detail, and casual bigotry.

Of course he is!

He even sacked the ‘Crazy Commie’ and beat him in court. What more do folks want

clint van damme

A wonderful quote I heard, sadly I cannot remember the source (it might have been on James O’Brien’s LBC programme), is that Johnson wanted two things; to become Prime Minister and to say that he was Prime Minister. Sadly the bit in between of actually being Prime Minister is somewhat of an inconvenience.

I personally think that Johnson’s biggest problem is that his whole empire is built on lies. Everyone knows the lies he told in order to get Brexit ‘done’ (remember when he was on the stage waving a fish about, falsely claiming that EU rules stated it needed to be packed in a certain way?) emphasised by Richard Littlejohn writing a column entitled ‘I know Johnson is lying, but I love it’...now at a time when the country most requires credibility in a leader, nobody believes what he says and so ignore what he says.

I've been saying that about Johnson for years.
That documentary on his time as foreign secretary should have killed his chances of being PM. He's clearly bone idle.

clint van damme

We need to make politics boring again.

Grey old men discussing fiscal policy at 11pm on BBC2, not this Darren Grimes influencer Twitter talking head shite.

They've had him on the BBC. He's an absolute moron.
When he fawned over that racist and trump and went into over drive deleting his drivel when it went pear shaped for the pair of them was hilarious though.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

What is a lazy opinion is believing that anyone other than the tories should get into power by default because the former are shit.

The competition has been consistently rejected by the general public. If you got relegated every season would you point the blame elsewhere or accept you were doing something wrong?

I genuinely believe a lot of people want to have someone else to vote for, but they cannot find anyone that represents them. I'm certainly in that camp. The fact that the tories keep winning suggests to me that the alternative is even worse. Trust me, I wish it wasn't the case, but it is. Apart from Blair, how many elections have Labour won in the last 100 years? They keep alienating potential voters.

I have very little good to say about the tories or Johnson (vaccine otherwise), just for the record.

Sky Blue Pete

Former Director of Public Prosecutions, worked his way up through hard work and diligence, vs a bumbling toff who's been sacked for lying, colluded to try and get somebody beaten up, and is renowned for his lazy gags, lack of attention to detail, and casual bigotry.

Of course he is!
There’s millions agree Boris trumps Keir

clint van damme

What is a lazy opinion is believing that anyone other than the tories should get into power by default because the former are shit.

The competition has been consistently rejected by the general public. If you got relegated every season would you point the blame elsewhere or accept you were doing something wrong?

I genuinely believe a lot of people want to have someone else to vote for, but they cannot find anyone that represents them. I'm certainly in that camp. The fact that the tories keep winning suggests to me that the alternative is even worse. Trust me, I wish it wasn't the case, but it is. Apart from Blair, how many elections have Labour won in the last 100 years? They keep alienating potential voters.

I have very little good to say about the tories or Johnson (vaccine otherwise), just for the record.

That's fine

I just hope they can hold their hands up for enabling this shit show though of course they won't even though if Corbyn had been elected and overseen this disaster people who voted for him would be getting pelters.

We've seem leavers trying to blame remainers for Brexits early failings already This week. That's the mindset we're now dealing with.in this country now.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

That's fine

I just hope they can hold their hands up for enabling this shit show though of course they won't even though if Corbyn had been elected and overseen this disaster people who voted for him would be getting pelters.

We've seem leavers trying to blame remainers for Brexits early failings already This week. That's the mindset we're now dealing with.in this country now.

For five years we have had endured sneering from remain voters who have celebrated every potential downfall of brexit and now all we see when the EU fuck up with the vaccine is; 'don't play politics'. Come on mate.

Yes, if Corbyn was in power and this was happening I suspect he would be getting more of a hard time, but you really think Johnson isn't? I saw a survey where 70% of people said he should resign.

I agree with your statement regarding politician accountability. There isn't any. But we are now living in a society where no one can ever accept they did anything wrong. All it means is that when people try and defend the indefensible, they just look silly. As I said, Starmer is the best chance Labour have had in a while. If he can sort some of their own shit out, come election time we might see a change. I suspect the handling of this virus will play a big part, but that also includes the vaccine roll out.

shmmeee

The Tories aren’t the default. The same question to you of why should they get in power because you think the others are shit?

The general way politics works is governments lose elections and the other lot are given a go. Why should there be some higher bar here just because it’s the Tories and large parts of the U.K. public have some weird posh man domination fetish?

What happened before the war couldn’t be more irrelevant. Stick to today, you can’t vote out Blair or vote in Churchill in 2021.

clint van damme

For five years we have had endured sneering from remain voters who have celebrated every potential downfall of brexit and now all we see when the EU fuck up with the vaccine is; 'don't play politics'. Come on mate.

Yes, if Corbyn was in power and this was happening I suspect he would be getting more of a hard time, but you really think Johnson isn't? I saw a survey where 70% of people said he should resign.

I agree with your statement regarding politician accountability. There isn't any. But we are now living in a society where no one can ever accept they did anything wrong. All it means is that when people try and defend the indefensible, they just look silly. As I said, Starmer is the best chance Labour have had in a while. If he can sort some of their own shit out, come election time we might see a change. I suspect the handling of this virus will play a big part, but that also includes the vaccine roll out.

You expect people not to point out stuff like the current state of the fishing industry given the bright post Brexit future that industry was sold?

Or the problems exporting which were dismissed as project fear when they were hilighted years ago?
Or the fact that we didn't sign the fabled 40 trade deals the day after leaving as many of us predicted? Come on. Of course people are going to say I told you so.

And no Johnson isn't getting a hard time. He's getting a very easy ride in the circumstances and even sympathy which is shameful.

Users who are viewing this thread