Conor Chaplin - Signing Confirmed (Finally!) (5 Viewers)

Hobo

Even then he has Andreu as a 10 virtually and Hiwula as back up - I think Bakayoko will be the next Garry Collier as the strangest signing of all time
Or Chaplin? Nothing is certain in football as you know.

Hobo

Even then he has Andreu as a 10 virtually and Hiwula as back up - I think Bakayoko will be the next Garry Collier as the strangest signing of all time

Gary Collier wasnt a strange signing - 190 odd appearances for Bristol City. What was odd was how he pancaked once he joined us as a record signing -2 appearances.

Grendel

With no Biamou I can really see him being lonely up top, a la Blackpool

Yeah I’m sure he was wishing he could partner “3 assists” Biamou lol

Gint11

Extracted this post on the Pompey forum that made me chuckle:

Good riddance, he's no longer one of our own, he's a c*ck! 500K for him has to be deal of the century, he'll still be inconsistent whoever he plays for. What a choice of dumps he has! Coventry or Barnsley, I think the Bronx sounds more attractive. No more than the little sh*t deserves.

What’s sour and green and rhythms with drapes?

GaryJones

Good riddance, he's no longer one of our own, he's a c*ck! 500K for him has to be deal of the century, he'll still be inconsistent whoever he plays for. What a choice of dumps he has! Coventry or Barnsley, I think the Bronx sounds more attractive. No more than the little sh*t deserves.

So they have dickheads on their Forum too!
Good to know.

Robin Fisher

So they have dickheads on their Forum too!
Good to know.

I know I said I probably would not post on your forum again but I saw your post with a quote from one of our more articulate supporters I had to. Some supporters, of all clubs, seem to think that players playing for their team should be as fanatical as them. They don't realise that professional footballers are doing a job for their employers, just like anyone else, and if a better offer comes along they take it, again just like anyone else. Chaplin has had a better offer to join a club whos manager really believes in him and he is going to get a chance to play regular first team football. That poster has not taken into account what it must have took for Chaplin to leave Pompey where he was a supporter and player for all his life along with his family. He has taken it personally that Chaplin can no longer be called "one of our own" so he has lashed out in the only way he knows by being derogatory towards the player. I can tell you that most Pompey supporters are sad to see Chaplin go but even most of those who agree with the move still think he is a good player. The poster was probably right about the dump bit though......................only joking.

Limey

some belters in here to be fair... and unusually for a city signing, they are not mostly taken at empty U23 or reserve match stadiums!! LOL

Right foot, left foot, long range, short range. Appreciate the level of opposition but pretty comprehensive display of finishing there.
Obviously loves playing for Pompey. Let's make him feel at home.

Gint11

I know I said I probably would not post on your forum again but I saw your post with a quote from one of our more articulate supporters I had to. Some supporters, of all clubs, seem to think that players playing for their team should be as fanatical as them. They don't realise that professional footballers are doing a job for their employers, just like anyone else, and if a better offer comes along they take it, again just like anyone else. Chaplin has had a better offer to join a club whos manager really believes in him and he is going to get a chance to play regular first team football. That poster has not taken into account what it must have took for Chaplin to leave Pompey where he was a supporter and player for all his life along with his family. He has taken it personally that Chaplin can no longer be called "one of our own" so he has lashed out in the only way he knows by being derogatory towards the player. I can tell you that most Pompey supporters are sad to see Chaplin go but even most of those who agree with the move still think he is a good player. The poster was probably right about the dump bit though......................only joking.

That’s why I posted it. Just pure hot air. Probably the same sort of supporter who shouts ‘SHOOT’ when the player with the ball is 50 yards out.

shmmeee

Have you fucking seen Portsmouth?

Jesus, talk about two bald men fighting over a comb!

JulianDarbyFTW

Right foot, left foot, long range, short range. Appreciate the level of opposition but pretty comprehensive display of finishing there.
Obviously loves playing for Pompey. Let's make him feel at home.

It seems that he places a lot of shots right into the corner, some near-post, some far-post. He seems to have a good range of finishing, and is confident with it. I'm optimistic.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Don’t feel the need to apologise mate, we have (more than?) our fair share.

The one and only Mr McNulty was the focus of a certain section of our fanbase after failing to score for a few games at the beginning of last season. Then he was a hero. Then he was a traitor / Judas / money grabber etc etc. Most football fans would eat their own children for >£10k a week, let alone play the sport they love for a professional football club (they don’t?).

I hope for Connor’s sake (and ours) that the morons keep it shut if he fails to get a hat-trick in his first game, but I won’t hold my breath...

Sky Blue Pete

The one and only Mr McNulty was the focus of a certain section of our fanbase after failing to score for a few games at the beginning of last season. Then he was a hero. Then he was a traitor / Judas / money grabber etc etc. Most football fans would eat their own children for >£10k a week, let alone play the sport they love for a professional football club (they don’t?).

I hope for Connor’s sake (and ours) that the morons keep it shut if he fails to get a hat-trick in his first game, but I won’t hold my breath...
Playing in a winning team would do for me first game

Covkid1968#

Well said that man

covmark

Have you fucking seen Portsmouth?

Jesus, talk about two bald men fighting over a comb!
Haha indeed. I work in Portsmouth regularly, and I can confirm it's a shithole. Worse than Southampton by a country mile.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

Haha indeed. I work in Portsmouth regularly, and I can confirm it's a shithole. Worse than Southampton by a country mile.

I live on the outskirts of Pompey and used to work at Southampton FC. I can tell you that although Pompey has its shit areas (like everywhere), it’s better than Southampton.

And by and large, the people are much nicer in Portsmouth as well. I just found the majority of people in Southampton...well, just a little bit weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pfceggchaser

I live on the outskirts of Pompey and used to work at Southampton FC. I can tell you that although Pompey has its shit areas (like everywhere), it’s better than Southampton.

And by and large, the people are much nicer in Portsmouth as well. I just found the majority of people in Southampton...well, just a little bit weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Having had the (mis) fortune of living in Scumpton for 3 years, I can confirm it is a bigger dump - even without my blue tints on. Think house prices and crime rates there are another level. Not pretending Pompey is a rich man's paradise by any means. Far from it - it's certainly not as wealthy as Bournemouth or Brighton, the two other south coast areas with football teams, but it isn't even a contest that Stainsville is the biggest dump down south!

higgs

100/1 Conor Chaplin league one top goal scorer on sky bet anyone had a sneaky bet on him?

Paxman II

Looking at that video I see we have a striker at last! At 21 he comes with enormous potential. I sense he is our missing link and there will be a very interesting top of the table clash with Pompey late in the season after we have bought him in January. Will he hit the winning penalty against his boyhood team in the play off final? Ha anything is possible I suppose.
But seriously I think MR's willbe delighted tonight and eager to get working with hime and bending his ear as he did with McNulty. Chaplin is talented clearly and KJ at Pompey I feel has made a bad call. Chaplin fits the system we had with McNulty and I think the end result will be the same. Think the crowd for Rochdale just went up a couple of thousand! Though he will be on the bench I suspect. An ideal game for him to make a debut at home.
Still think we will get promoted and this kid will have a big hand in it.

cc84cov

Shame Biamou is out I think him and Chaplin would of worked well together.

JCH time to really step up to the mark and hit a partnership off on Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread