Conor Chaplin - Signing Confirmed (Finally!) (2 Viewers)

Captain Dart

Wonder if he'll be introduced slowly or dropped straight in, can't have many minutes this season, if any.
I think he had a fair bit of time in pre season at least he was scoring.

Grendel

Now he’s signed someone will have to leave surely. I can’t see Bakayoko even making the squad if there are no injuries

Grendel

Can see Ponticelli out on loan.

Even then he has Andreu as a 10 virtually and Hiwula as back up - I think Bakayoko will be the next Garry Collier as the strangest signing of all time

Otis

Even then he has Andreu as a 10 virtually and Hiwula as back up - I think Bakayoko will be the next Garry Collier as the strangest signing of all time
Could well prove to be.

I think most of us thought it odd when it happened anyway.

The obvious thing now with Chaplin would be to pair him up with JCH and then it would have been Biamou too as the other option if he wasn't injured.

Not quite sure where Bakayoko is going to fit in. Jones to come back in too soon.

Sky Blue Harry H

If that brickwork is straight he is only about an inch shorter that MR
...but when you see the whole picture...
551517_432890713467916_676562792_n.jpg

Rasputin

Glad MR has got his man. To be fair to MR he didn’t waiver. I thought he panicked and had lost it a bit when signing Bakayoko.
I think he had mixed results with his signings the first time he was with us, however up until very recently in this second stint he seems to make very good signings. I really hope he has pulled it off again with this one.
Excellent chance for JP to get some games and develop, hopefully to our benefit long term.

Robin Fisher

So you have got your man now then. He didn't look happy in that photo wearing a Coventry City shirt though did he? I expect it's because it just dawned on him that he will never play for his beloved Pompey again, but I am expecting to see him back as a supporter at some stage. Although I am extremely disappointed he has gone from our club I wish him and your club well. I am certain he will do well for you because he has got talent but it is a talent that has to be nurtured in a certain way, which is not as a lone striker. He needs to cut out a bit of his cockyness and the diving antics and then you will have a firm favourite on your hands. I beleive Chaplin will get better the higher up the leagues he goes where skill counts for more than brute force where his game is more suited to, obviously Blackburn thought that way. I commented earlier that when you see photos of one of your favourite players posing in their new clubs shirt it is like someone showing you pictures of your wife in the nude, only worse. Any way I probably won't comment on your site again, except when we play you maybe, so I wish you all well and I hope this player turns out to be a success for your club, or do I? Maybe it would make me feel better if he turned out to be a dud and Kenny Jackett was right all along. No I definitely hope this turns out to be a happy period for you and Conor and I think your manager deserves a lot of respect for sticking it out to get his man. Cheerio Chaps & Chaplets.

fatso

So you have got your man now then. He didn't look happy in that photo wearing a Coventry City shirt though did he? I expect it's because it just dawned on him that he will never play for his beloved Pompey again, but I am expecting to see him back as a supporter at some stage. Although I am extremely disappointed he has gone from our club I wish him and your club well. I am certain he will do well for you because he has got talent but it is a talent that has to be nurtured in a certain way, which is not as a lone striker. He needs to cut out a bit of his cockyness and the diving antics and then you will have a firm favourite on your hands. I beleive Chaplin will get better the higher up the leagues he goes where skill counts for more than brute force where his game is more suited to, obviously Blackburn thought that way. I commented earlier that when you see photos of one of your favourite players posing in their new clubs shirt it is like someone showing you pictures of your wife in the nude, only worse. Any way I probably won't comment on your site again, except when we play you maybe, so I wish you all well and I hope this player turns out to be a success for your club, or do I? Maybe it would make me feel better if he turned out to be a dud and Kenny Jackett was right all along. No I definitely hope this turns out to be a happy period for you and Conor and I think your manager deserves a lot of respect for sticking it out to get his man. Cheerio Chaps & Chaplets.
Well it’s been one of the longest transfer sagas in history. I’m delighted he’s here, and I’m sure Robins will play him alongside Clark Harris. Hopefully he will give us some balance and a focal point, which has been missing so far this season.
Good luck to you boys, I hope you finish second in the league, one place beneath us!

Users who are viewing this thread