Conor Chaplin - Signing Confirmed (Finally!) (6 Viewers)

Magwitch

Sure Jacket will have other targets as I’m equally sure Robins has that’s if Chaplin was a target. I’ve said before Pompey probably have a bit of a delema do they keep a player who looks to be unhappy and in the last year of his contract or accept a bid knowing his value will reduce once the transfer window closes. If Robins is after Chaplin maybe he should make a take it or leave it offer. Portsmouth obviously need the cash

Last edited:

MatthewWallis

Sure Jacket will have other targets as I’m equally sure Robins has that’s if Chaplin was a target. I’ve said before Pompey probably have a bit of a delema do they keep a player who looks to be unhappy and in the last year of his contract or accept a bid knowing his value will reduce once the transfer window closes. If Robins is after Chaplin maybe he should make a take it or leave it offer. Portsmouth obviously need the cash

Why?

jordan210

Just saw the Portsmouth team in Tesco petrol station in Winchester. Should have asked what’s going on with Conor

mrtrench

Just saw the Portsmouth team in Tesco petrol station in Winchester. Should have asked what’s going on with Conor

The Portsmouth team are big fans of the Winnall Sorting Office, I expect they were going there. Chaplin prefers the Post Office in town (WH Smith); I doubt he was there.

Limey

So Eisa is as good as gone and not to Pompey it seems.
Chaplin mine now surely depends on players desire to move.
Can't see any move before Jan now.

fernandopartridge

Still think if the player really wanted to move he'd have forced it through by now. What about alternatives? Eoin Doyle? 14 goals for Oldham last season in league one. Similar sort of mould to McNulty.
I like Doyle, spent a bit of time injured as well. I think he might have played under Robins at Scunny. Paddy Madden?

Edit: that's bollocks as Doyle has never played for Scunny

JulianDarbyFTW

Chaplin is supposedly an up-and-coming talent. Someone with good resale value. Players like Madden don't have that potential imho. Solid enough, and you know what you're going to get, but they're not going to set the world alight. I'll freely admit, my knowledge of players at this level, even after a few years down here, is limited, but, Doyle aside, Robins doesn't seem the kind to sign the 'been there, done that' players. If we do sign a forward, I suspect it'll be a name we haven't even considered.

Wiseoldfool

Had a look on Portsmouth site and a few are mentioning Ivan Toney been on loan to a few league one clubs and scored goals.Not sure whether Newcastle are looking to sell or want another loan deal,Ibelieve Scunthorpe would like him back,but maybe we could make a move.

win9nut

TWISI
Robins is advertising himself as a good manager to work for.
He received plaudits for standing by McNulty when he wasn’t scoring from McNulty himself, then not standing in his way when a higher placed team came calling.
He can use that as a way of attracting more firepower to the club.
If we can get past the contracted club, I don’t think Robins will have any trouble convincing most League 1 and below strikers to sign for us, and some from the Championship too.
Also, I’d be very surprised if Robins doesn’t have a plan B, as soon as Jackett started working he press, I’d have been looking for one...

**Unless Chaplin was seen as luxury and he has all the players he wants
Something to be said about JCH or Biamou as No 9, Andreu as No 10, then hopefully Allassani is as good as we hope along with Jones when he’s back, full backs/wing backs bombing up in support; height, strength, pace, skill and vision... Add in a bit of know “game management” in centre midfield...
We’re gonna win the league

:cat:

PUSB

Sky Blue Harry H

TWISI
Robins is advertising himself as a good manager to work for.
He received plaudits for standing by McNulty when he wasn’t scoring from McNulty himself, then not standing in his way when a higher placed team came calling.
He can use that as a way of attracting more firepower to the club.
If we can get past the contracted club, I don’t think Robins will have any trouble convincing most League 1 and below strikers to sign for us, and some from the Championship too.
Also, I’d be very surprised if Robins doesn’t have a plan B, as soon as Jackett started working he press, I’d have been looking for one...

**Unless Chaplin was seen as luxury and he has all the players he wants
Something to be said about JCH or Biamou as No 9, Andreu as No 10, then hopefully Allassani is as good as we hope along with Jones when he’s back, full backs/wing backs bombing up in support; height, strength, pace, skill and vision... Add in a bit of know “game management” in centre midfield...
We’re gonna win the league

:cat:

PUSB

You can play for the SBT 'Positivity' Team - when we finally get round to forming one!

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Where’s the panic button, we’re not going to sign a striker that scored 8 goals last season!

All jokes aside, I’m very confident if we get Chaplin, Robins could get him scoring. Surely he’s looking at other options by now. Portsmouth were always unlikely to get Eisa and Kenny Jacket is a tight Bastard, he won’t do anyone any favours.

Users who are viewing this thread