Conor Chaplin - Signing Confirmed (Finally!) (5 Viewers)

glamour76

Eisa not playing today. Move expected within 24 hours according to a Gloucestershire journalist. Doesn’t say where to though. At least we’ll have a better idea once he’s sorted

itsabuzzard

My problem is the user name itself: its mystery.

It's a mystery. It's not knowing whether it's a huge eagle that has its buzzard in its talons. Or could it be a red kite? Or is just Itsabuzzard flying a kite? And is the 'its' in an Itsabuzzard really an 'it's'? Or was this key striker just born on a bad keyboard day.

Then again I'd like it to be an impenetrable anagram that only Otis could solve.

But all that really matters is that we sign Itsabuzzard as soon as possible, and he's even better than McNulty was, and even better than Conor Chaplin ever promised to be!
Sorry, can't elaborate or my cover will be blown, and things could turn ugly.
Sadly my footballing talents only stretch to 5-a-side with a few mates (it might surprise some on here that I do have friends) and MR needs to keep looking.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

It’s a football forum, not an English grammar forum, if you want the latter I suggest you search google for one, your becoming fucking annoying.

That should read "you're becoming fucking annoying".
1/10 please listen.

sylus

Eisa not playing today. Move expected within 24 hours according to a Gloucestershire journalist. Doesn’t say where to though. At least we’ll have a better idea once he’s sorted

Maybe MR has turned his attentions to Eisa and he is coming to us instead,would be nice though,but we all know it won't happen!.

After all this fuss he'd better score 40 goals this season!
Play him regularly and hell score you 25+. I don't think you lot realise that Conor Chaplin is coming to you for a snip. If it wasn't for the stubborn team formation where Jackett plays one up front, he would out score Pitman. (Jackett adores Pitman and made him team captain, even though he is our biggest moaner)

Sky Blue Harry H

Play him regularly and hell score you 25+. I don't think you lot realise that Conor Chaplin is coming to you for a snip. If it wasn't for the stubborn team formation where Jackett plays one up front, he would out score Pitman. (Jackett adores Pitman and made him team captain, even though he is our biggest moaner)

Hope you are right Ley - should become clearer after Eisa moves this weekend?

P.S. Hope you don't think we are running a vasectomy service - if you do that to all your players, no wonder Pitman is moaning.

P.S. Hope you don't think we are running a vasectomy service - if you do that to all your players, no wonder Pitman is moaning.

Ha bloody ha, don't give up the day job as a comedian! lol
Chaplin is extremely popular down here, and if it had been a different manager then who knows.
I promise he will score you goals, mostly poaching, but every so often he comes up with a worldie.
Never gives up and has often scored in the last 10 minutes of a game to snatch a point or 3.
Treat him well, and cut out the witty nicknames. I mean wankyMcNulty? wtf?

Greggs

Ha bloody ha, don't give up the day job as a comedian! lol
Chaplin is extremely popular down here, and if it had been a different manager then who knows.
I promise he will score you goals, mostly poaching, but every so often he comes up with a worldie.
Never gives up and has often scored in the last 10 minutes of a game to snatch a point or 3.
Treat him well, and cut out the witty nicknames. I mean wankyMcNulty? wtf?
McWankty

SkyBlueCRJ

Portsmouth would let him go tomorrow if we offered more money wouldn't they?

Like I said, they are the ones giving updates twice a day to the media.

It's not robins in the paper every day

But you could use that scenario for every transfer situation? Of course if we offered more money they would accept but we're not in a position to do that. We've offered what MR believes is acceptable for both parties. But if we offered more that would almost certainly put Pompey in pole position for Eisa and accelerate the Chaplin deal. Their ideal situation would obviously be to ask for more money for Chaplin as they need to get as close to Cheltenham's valuation as possible. But factors such as his contract, goal rate etc. limit what Pompey can realistically ask for him.

Robins has been excellent with the media. KJ is the one causing a stir but it's not their dealings with the press I'm concerned about. It's the lack of preparedness on our end is what I find concerning. It just seems very short-sighted of Robins, failing to have lined up a realistic replacement that could be sorted quickly. He must've always known Pompey were adamant that they wouldn't sell unless they brought in a replacement, so I just don't understand his logic. But I reiterate time will tell. If we bag Chaplin next week then great, but if we're still without a replacement this time next week then I'll start to get nervous.

Harry, Chaplin hasn't been just a one season wonder. I think that Jackett is pursuing Eisa after one successful season. As for Chaplin that's not the case. He's young and each season he's scored quite regularly.
Whilst I cannot give you a signed legal document certifying that Chaplin will score 25 goals a season I would say it highly probably. He needs regular game time and a boss that will select on merit.
It is my intention to assure you that you are not buying a pig in a poke. I rated both Doyle and McNulty and they both did well for you, so I have no reason not to believe the same of Chaplin.

Foot note: Michael Doyle asked if he would get regular games at Fratton. In my view he was treated shabbily, but went on to do well at Sky Blues. I think Chaplin will also show the powers that be my end, the error of their ways.

sylus

Bristol City according to that Jon Palmer now

Your right!

Cheltenham Town striker Mo Eisa is set to join Bristol City. We can take it that Chaplin won't be coming here then,maybe we are being blagged all along and you know who will be keeping the McNulty cash right in there pockets,just like the Maddison money.

Magwitch

Apparently been seen leaving Pompey's training ground,also Speculation is rife Chaplin is off on Monday.[/QUOTE]
Bugger, got the wrong Monday

Sky Blue Harry H

Apparently been seen leaving Pompey's training ground,also Speculation is rife Chaplin is off on Monday.
Bugger, got the wrong Monday[/QUOTE]

Someone's got the wrong specs on too, or if he was seen at Pompey's training ground he should have reset his satnav!

Of course Gary Johnson has a strong connection with Brizzle City, doesn't he.

hill83

I just saw him walking out of Johnny Reays with a set of plastic golfs clubs and a harmonica.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
No time for actual facts Nick. Stop it.
Bob, take a telegram. "To Mr. C. Chaplin, Sennet Studios, Hollywood, California. Congrats stop. Have found only person in world less funny than you stop. Name: Baldrick stop. Signed, E. Blackadder stop". Oh, and put a P.S.: "Please, please, please... stop."

Captain Dart

Portsmouth local rag POV

Nick

Administrator
Unless they have other targets it's probably time to move on if it really is about not having a replacement....

Skybluefaz

Still think if the player really wanted to move he'd have forced it through by now. What about alternatives? Eoin Doyle? 14 goals for Oldham last season in league one. Similar sort of mould to McNulty.

Users who are viewing this thread