Conor Chaplin - Signing Confirmed (Finally!) (6 Viewers)

covcity4life

I'm expecting 2 strikers. MR said before McNulty left he was after another.
yes agree could see additional bonus signings but to have all bases covered twice chaplin will be enough

Old Warwickshire lad

should'nt pander to Kenny Jackett as he is a knob! he fucked us over coming in for Clarke when he was at the top of his game and he hardley played him in Wolves first team. We should back off and start to make spurious bids for forwards he is after and it will soon make him come to the party. The guy is a grade 1 knob! (not that i am bitter or anything)
Doesn’t sound like you are one little bit.:joyful::joyful::angelic:

Robin Fisher

City surely have their own deadline.
Sod it, just use McNulty cash for Eisa instead.
Yes, that's a good idea. You have Eisa and we keep Chaplin. If you do end up with Chaplin I hope Pompey build in the add ons similar to that in the Webster transfer to Ipswich Town. We received £750000 plus Clarke and we got a real bargain out of that deal. Clarke is now our most bankable player worth £5 million upwards and we have just received another £600000 from Webster's transfer to Bristol City. Pompey are under no pressure to sell Clarke and have fended of all advances for him so I hope all that good work is not undone by selling one of our prize assets, certainly one for the future, in letting Chaplin go. Our season Tickets sales have dipped from 15500 to 12500 for next season which I believe is because of the very uninspiring signings so far and letting go of Chaplin will cause further unrest.

SkyBlueCRJ

I understand Pompey's standpoint. They need to identify a replacement for Chaplin before they allow him to depart - something we should've done admittedly rather than rely on a scenario where we're relying on an ideal situation to materialise. Admittedly I'm getting concerned that we're dwelling on the Chaplin deal far too long but I have faith that even if Robins fails in this acquisition, he'll have a Plan B to fall back on. My feeling is that our third bid may have been accepted in principle, given how everything has gone quiet, but Pompey are waiting to receive word on Eisa before announcing anything. But that is a complete guess.

Robin Fisher

Making themselves look a bit Mickey Mouse.
We have heard all the 'Mickey Mouse' quips thank you and it was obvious that was going to happen when Mr Eisner bought the club. They said they would not chuck money at the team and so far they have kept their word. We have a playing budget that is mid table, apparently, and any extra for the playing budget has to be self financed. Websters cash helped with that so I suppose selling Chaplin is part of that process. Does anyone know what Coventry's playing budget was, ours was set at around £3.5 million with the merest hint that it could be increased if the right deal came about or if it was needed.

Nick

Administrator
We have heard all the 'Mickey Mouse' quips thank you and it was obvious that was going to happen when Mr Eisner bought the club. They said they would not chuck money at the team and so far they have kept their word. We have a playing budget that is mid table, apparently, and any extra for the playing budget has to be self financed. Websters cash helped with that so I suppose selling Chaplin is part of that process. Does anyone know what Coventry's playing budget was, ours was set at around £3.5 million with the merest hint that it could be increased if the right deal came about or if it was needed.

No idea what ours to be honest on just player wages alone, only the accounts what is paid as a total.

Have yours been Frozen?

Reactions: vow

Liquid Gold

That’s a shame. I bet you were hoping for a real Cinderella story.

Nick

Administrator
That’s a shame. I bet you were hoping for a real Cinderella story.

That's a bit Brave for a Friday afternoon.

Back on topic, I did hear that Jackett wanted to get a lad in at the start of next week.

giphy.gif

Robin Fisher

No idea what ours to be honest on just player wages alone, only the accounts what is paid as a total.

Have yours been Frozen?
Apparently the same as last season, which was also similar to the season before. Eyebrows were raised then which has changed to a slightly murmuring groan.

Nick

Administrator
Apparently the same as last season, which was also similar to the season before. Eyebrows were raised then which has changed to a slightly murmuring groan.

We won't be able to tell as they will go up due to promotion. When the accounts come out OSB will turn them Inside Out to try and see what he can find though. They are usually a bit of a Tangled mess.

Mucca Mad Boys

No idea what our budget is, not even a hint of where it stands in comparison to the league. We do know that we outbid the likes of Charlton for Ogogo and we offered the most to Junior Brown too. A few teams were after Allassani too. However, this isn’t particularly helpful is gauging whereabouts our budget stands. The only inkling is the rhetoric that we’re ‘going for it’ in regards to promotion. So hopefully it’s at least in the top half of the league’s budgets.

vow

Whoooosh! :emoji_hugging:

Magwitch

We are all assuming our target is Chaplin alone, he might be, but I wouldn’t mind betting there are others nobody has thought of we are keen on, Robins tends to keep his cards pretty close to his chest.

Robin Fisher

There is no news this end about Chaplin going or Eisa coming in, is there anything at your end? In fact it is really quiet here concerning two players who supposedly 'done deals' which is Walkes from Spurs and a lad on loan from Newcastle. I note that Coventry have brought in nine players with eight going out so how is the general confidence of the team doing well this coming season? I expect you had the 'special' treatment last season being a big and well known club in League 2 where teams looked on you as a 'scalp' and enjoyed the experience of playing at a decent ground. We had the same experience in League 2 but it is notably less in League 1.

Nick

Administrator
Apart from McNulty going out none of the others were going to be challenging once we had brought the new players in so they were pretty obvious. We still have 3 more that will hopefully be going as they aren't really going to feature at all with the new signings.

It's been a bit quiet this end as the team are on tour in Spain so most of the focus from the club has been on that. Will be a few trialists in the U23 friendly tomorrow I'd guess.

Hopefully we will have enough to get us Up there or thereabouts.

shmmeee

There is no news this end about Chaplin going or Eisa coming in, is there anything at your end? In fact it is really quiet here concerning two players who supposedly 'done deals' which is Walkes from Spurs and a lad on loan from Newcastle. I note that Coventry have brought in nine players with eight going out so how is the general confidence of the team doing well this coming season? I expect you had the 'special' treatment last season being a big and well known club in League 2 where teams looked on you as a 'scalp' and enjoyed the experience of playing at a decent ground. We had the same experience in League 2 but it is notably less in League 1.

Were out in Spain this week so very quiet our end. Some suspect any signing wouldn't be announced until Robins is back in the UK.

Lots of teams set up to not lose against us last year. Most of the 8 who have gone are fringe players TBH. Only McNulty played regularly.

Kelly Evans X 2 - not even in the squad most games
Reid - out on loan for most of the season then on the bench
Loanees X 2 - not starters
Haynes - not in the team and we've signed two left backs
Sayoud - youth player never close to the squad

The signings seems to be good prospects or decent players like Ogogo. I'd imagine so far only 3-4 will bother the first team of those 8. Most will play in the U23s. I'm pretty happy with the business if we can replace McNultys goals

Sky Blue Harry H

Love that film.

I rented it out years ago (knowing nothing about it) and watched it with my new next door neighbours. They tried to make out they were hating it, but when Steve Martin, Chevy Chase and ? started doing their hip thrusting 'Three Amigos' move, they lost it - literally tears rolling down their faces. I've since moved several times, but always look back with fondness to that shared daftness.
upload_2018-7-13_18-49-20.jpeg

Otis

I rented it out years ago (knowing nothing about it) and watched it with my new next door neighbours. They tried to make out they were hating it, but when Steve Martin, Chevy Chase and ? started doing their hip thrusting 'Three Amigos' move, they lost it - literally tears rolling down their faces. I've since moved several times, but always look back with fondness to that shared daftness.
View attachment 10150
Wasn't particularly rated by the critics, but audiences seemed to really like it and it has now become a cult classic.

Hi you lot. Pompey fan in peace. Just to let you know that if you get Chaplin you will be very lucky. He is a deadly finisher and is very much in the McNulty would.
Jacket is a stubborn got and only wants to play one up front. Chaplin works well as part of a two.
This transfer is one we weren't particularly looking for but the offer came in from you guys and a light bulb went on in Jackets head saying opps we might need a replacement.
We approached Cheltenham re Eisa and they came back with a figure that knocked the deal over. We are currently trying to raise the sort of cash required.
Hence the delay.
Connor is still young and has a big future at a club where he will be appreciated. He's worth waiting for, hang in there.
Also Doyle did well for you, as he did for us. He's another player who Jacket was harsh on. Doyle didn't get the assurances he wanted re game time so he left for Sky Blues. The rest you know.
Good luck for new season, especially if you are lucky enough to get Chaplin.

Nick

Administrator
Hi you lot. Pompey fan in peace. Just to let you know that if you get Chaplin you will be very lucky. He is a deadly finisher and is very much in the McNulty would.
Jacket is a stubborn got and only wants to play one up front. Chaplin works well as part of a two.
This transfer is one we weren't particularly looking for but the offer came in from you guys and a light bulb went on in Jackets head saying opps we might need a replacement.
We approached Cheltenham re Eisa and they came back with a figure that knocked the deal over. We are currently trying to raise the sort of cash required.
Hence the delay.
Connor is still young and has a big future at a club where he will be appreciated. He's worth waiting for, hang in there.
Also Doyle did well for you, as he did for us. He's another player who Jacket was harsh on. Doyle didn't get the assurances he wanted re game time so he left for Sky Blues. The rest you know.
Good luck for new season, especially if you are lucky enough to get Chaplin.

It sounds like jackett is doing calculations on a fag packet so it means pissing us about.

If it goes on too long, hopefully we have an alternative ready to talk away and Chaplin can leave you next year on tribunal.

wingy

Have yours been Frozen?
I vaguley remember looking at it for two or three years from statements and hints from the boardroom .
Don't think I was too far off IIRC when figures came out Something like £2.8M for the Joe Cole season and around £2.3M for the relegation season.
Potential for maybe a couple of hundred k North.

Users who are viewing this thread